Left Behind Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
ok guys, at the nsw swap meet a lot of the guys bought me beers for hosting the event. what id like help with is if they could ether contact me or post something in here to hlep me identify them and i might even give some feed back. ive got to get through these before i start on the nsw case. the only ones i know are from mugus cause they have his name on the label.
the one i opened today was a dunkel with a D on the cap. its bloody nice, when i first opened it thought it could be a bit under carbed but is still holding a head.

so it was the beer faeries then that left the beers?

Hi Barls,

Long neck with AL on the top is mine. American Dark Lager. Ready to drink. Hope you enjoy. Thanks again for hosting.

Cheers
Andrew.

Hi Barls

I left you a weizenbock, 750ml crownseal longneck, coopers cap with WB written on it (the W could look a bit like an N).

cheers

grant

cheers guys. i looked at that one yesterday andrew and was considering it but went the bottle next to it which was my honey blonde.

Hi Barls,

Long neck with AL on the top is mine. American Dark Lager. Ready to drink. Hope you enjoy. Thanks again for hosting.

Cheers
Andrew.
had this earlier while bottling 2 different batches. really nice not too heavy on the dark malt, just enough. i almost lost my glass when my partner had a sip.
do you mind sharing the recipe mate?
your is next grant after i finish the french sasion stu left me.

didnt get there mate ill take it with me to orange for Christmas though. as by what you just told me it looks like a good one to share.

I left 2 x coopers PET bottles. One was a Nth English Brown and the other and english IPA.

IPA was a kit so dont expect you to rave about it :ph34r:

Cheers
Hewy

I Hope you enjoy it.

BTW it's 8% ABV so you should sleep pretty well tonight :p .

cheers

grant
hey grant it went down really well. between that and the Murray's anniversary ale i took with me

Barls,

I left a bottle of oatmeal stout with my case - it's a coopers glass bottle with a gold cap marked OS in faint black texter. Hope you enjoy it.

Jon

had this earlier while bottling 2 different batches. really nice not too heavy on the dark malt, just enough. i almost lost my glass when my partner had a sip.
do you mind sharing the recipe mate?
your is next grant after i finish the french sasion stu left me.

Hi Barls,

Glad you liked it. I havent had one for a while so I have put one in the fridge for tonight.

The recipe is really a lightly hopped American Brown Ale that I put on to a Bock yeast cake (the other half the batch went on to US05).

Recipe as follows (original recipe was 50L so Ive just used percentages/IBU)

OG: 1.048

66% Maris otter
18% Munich I
9% Amber
4.5% Dark crystal
2% Chocolate

27 IBU Northern brewer @ 60mins
1.2 IBU (50g/25L) Cascade @ 1min

Mashed at 65C (single infusion, batch sparge)
WLP833@12-13C

Cheers
Andrew.

ok guys, at the nsw swap meet a lot of the guys bought me beers for hosting the event. what id like help with is if they could ether contact me or post something in here to hlep me identify them and i might even give some feed back. ive got to get through these before i start on the nsw case. the only ones i know are from mugus cause they have his name on the label.
the one i opened today was a dunkel with a D on the cap. its bloody nice, when i first opened it thought it could be a bit under carbed but is still holding a head.

Hey mate, just spotted this thread. The bottle with the D was my dunkelweizen. I had one the other day that was not that good so I am glad yours was OK. It was force carbed and bottled from the keg.

Kabooby :)

cheers well at least i know where it came from. thanks for the bottle mate.i almost didnt get my glass back from my partner after i gave her a taste. so it was damn good. any chance of sharing the recipe??

No probs. It was fermented @22C

Kabooby :)

Style: Dunkelweizen
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 40.00 L
Boil Size: 49.61 L
Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
Estimated Color: 33.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 16.2 IBU