Largering How To

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya all,
another question about lagering. Can you dry hop while the brew is in CC?
I was just wondering if this is feasible. I dont have the patience to rack to secondary for the dry hop so I was wondering if you can do it this way.

cheers

Im interested to know this too as i dont have a second fermenter.

Yes you can definately dry hop while CCing. 1 week is good, 2 weeks is better. I do this with some of my ales.

C&B
TDA

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all this info on largering. I have a few questions. Once you have crash chilled and then bottled. What is the best way to store the bottles? Is it ok for them to get up to higher temps say 20 to mid 20's. That is probably the temp where I store my bottles. Would I need to put them in the fridge for a week before drinking?
Cheers
Aussiechucka
new to Largering
(I am looking at doing an oktoberfest brew as I enjoy the flavour of the vienna malts)

I would suggest bottling and conditioning before you crash chill. A few weeks cold conditioning normally suffices.
Bringing the temp up again to mid 20's won't have a huge impact on your beer. It does accelerate oxidation but if you're anything like me you'll finish the batch well before the beer spoils.
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all this info on largering. I have a few questions. Once you have crash chilled and then bottled. What is the best way to store the bottles? Is it ok for them to get up to higher temps say 20 to mid 20's. That is probably the temp where I store my bottles. Would I need to put them in the fridge for a week before drinking?
Cheers
Aussiechucka
new to Largering
(I am looking at doing an oktoberfest brew as I enjoy the flavour of the vienna malts)

Pretty sure you can get pils on the internet to make it larger these days. (sorry couldn't resist :p )

Latest posts

Back