Lalvin Dry Yeast For Mead And Winemaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get 500g of D47 and 71B, everyone (even those who added their orders later) will get at least 50g, and I can try to give those who wanted more some extra.
DV10 seems more popular, so if I get 500g of that, those who want some of the sparkling may need to take a up to 100g but it's only a few extra $ anyway.

If that's OK we're done and I can go pick it up. :)

If I get 500g of D47 and 71B, everyone (even those who added their orders later) will get at least 50g, and I can try to give those who wanted more some extra.
DV10 seems more popular, so if I get 500g of that, those who want some of the sparkling may need to take a up to 100g but it's only a few extra $ anyway.

If that's OK we're done and I can go pick it up. :)

Do you want some $ from us before you go out and buy the stuff?

Cheers
Dave

Do you want some $ from us before you go out and buy the stuff?
Quicker/easier just to hold your yeast for ransom after it's all weighed and ready for postage, it's not too much of an up-front cost.
Besides that's what Credit Cards are for, just don't tell SWMBO that I said that.
We've had people order a little more than the minimum and many have said they're flexible, so if some decide to pull out even after I buy it, it should still work out OK.

I just spoke to WineQuip, they have D47, 71B and DV10 all in stock, with no chance to run out before Saturday when I was planning to drive over (after the Grain BB at G&G).
So I'll pack it down into smaller amounts, then contact everyone with total costs etc and include DD details then.

Quicker/easier just to hold your yeast for ransom after it's all weighed and ready for postage, it's not too much of an up-front cost.
Besides that's what Credit Cards are for, just don't tell SWMBO that I said that.
We've had people order a little more than the minimum and many have said they're flexible, so if some decide to pull out even after I buy it, it should still work out OK.

I just spoke to WineQuip, they have D47, 71B and DV10 all in stock, with no chance to run out before Saturday when I was planning to drive over (after the Grain BB at G&G).
So I'll pack it down into smaller amounts, then contact everyone with total costs etc and include DD details then.

Sweet.

I dont mind taking 100g instead of 150g if that helps.can do dv10 instad of k1 also.
There's a couple of us in syd, so could share postage.

cheers

I dont mind taking 100g instead of 150g if that helps.can do dv10 instad of k1 also.
There's a couple of us in syd, so could share postage.
Sounds good and I think that solves most of our problems.
Just let me know who's packs you want to combine postage for when I send you a PM with bank details.

Here's enough dried yeast to make 60Hl of wine:
dry_yeast.jpg

The guy at the shop thought it strange that I only wanted a 100g pack of citric acid when buying 1.5kg of yeast. ;)

Here is a high-res photo of the batch/lot/exp date info (because I'm not writing it on the individual 50g bags): http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x37/k_w...yeast_packs.jpg

I'll send everyone a PM shortly with info and bank details - please make sure you include your address when you reply to say you've paid. :)
(If you're in Melb, you're welcome to come to Berwick and pick your packs up.)

They charged $5 (total) more than the phone-quoted price so the packed-down price will go up by a small amount.

I've received direct-deposit payments from the following people:
Airgead
Leiothrix
Stuster
Phonos
Moovet
Redb
DJBrewer

However, I didn't want to risk your yeast sitting in the post-office over the weekend, so I was planning to post everything on Monday (afternoon).

I've just realised u sent me a pm with details. Sorry. Will transfer $ tomorrow.
I'm in no rush for yeast so next week is fine by me.

Everyone's stuff has been posted, so expect the parcel tomorrow, if you need the Express post number's just send me a PM.
Everyone that is ... except Moovet who is overseas and CM2 who does not like to read PM's. :)

Just got mine. All looks good. Thanks for organising all this, Wolfy. Now to using it. :)

got mine as well, nice packing.

excellent seller, fast shipping. would use again!!!!11!!one!1AAA+++

Err, maybe a bit too much evil-bay for me.

Got mine today too and put it in the fridge.

So I've got yeast, got water, now I just need some more honey and glass carboy's. I don't know why I always have the cheap stuff but not the expensive stuff. Oh well.

Thanks again for your troubles,
Rob.

Mine turned up today as well. The missus grabbed it and stuck it straight in the fridge for me. She's pretty well trained ;-)

Big thanks to Wolfy for arranging this.

Cheers
Dave

Edit: the missus also took delivery of 67Kg of grain for me today, lugged it down the driveway and up onto the front deck so I need to be extra nice to her for a while...

I received mine yesterday too. It was really well packed! Thanks for the time and effort you put into this wolfy - I'm looking forward to some mead/yeast experiments now!

mine arrived yesterday, good packing - thanks wolfy

I appreciate that this an old post but I was wondering if the D47 can still be obtained in Australia aprt from the IBREW site at $5.50 a packet. I want to make a batch of mead and this seems to be the most popular yeast but is hard to find.

It's either ibrew or buy in bulk from a wine makers supplier. I think ibrew is the only place that re packages into smaller batches.

Latest posts

Back