Lagering And Bottling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i've begun d-rest and all is well, but i've done a taste test and it still tastes a little sweet/malty to me.

with what i had used, the IBU was just under 20, which according to the spreadsheet was kinda at the lowish end of bitterness. is it too late to throw in a bag of morgan's saaz finishing hops? 12gms? it will soon be ready to lager for approx 4 weeks.

so i've begun d-rest and all is well, but i've done a taste test and it still tastes a little sweet/malty to me.

with what i had used, the IBU was just under 20, which according to the spreadsheet was kinda at the lowish end of bitterness. is it too late to throw in a bag of morgan's saaz finishing hops? 12gms? it will soon be ready to lager for approx 4 weeks.

Hey fletcher,

you COULD throw the hops in, but i wouldn't really bother. A 12gm dry hop won't change the bitterness anyway, and Saaz is a very gentle hop with a very low AA%. You'll hardly notice it. You certainly won't fix anything that's a little sweet by using it.

any others you could think of to throw in an about-to-be-lagered cerveza style? happy to look at getting something else to suit. i'll have another sample tomorrow and maybe go from there. hallertau?

leave it be fletch, still a bit of sugar to brew out yet.

As Nath said throwing hops in now will not give any bitterness, your IBU's are fine let it do its thing.

It in the bottle and carbed when you will get your full feel for how its travelled. I find it very hard to discern bitterness from
the fermenter unless its got a real whack..

Latest posts

Back