Lager brewing in a fridge without temp controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just buy the keg king pre wired temp controller. It's more expensive but sure beats having to mess around especially when you're not confident like me.

Why spend $80 when he only has to spend $10 (box and 2 extension cords) ? He already has the STC, simple matter of doing a bit of reading and following basic instructions.

And the fact that Dad has electrical training and can do the wiring in his sleep (really handy, built his own power multi adapter in the 70s before you could get them cheap, only died a few years back). Yeah i was hoping the ferment would be exothermic enough to keep the temp stable. I'm using one of the country brewer wetpacks (had to buy a new starter kit and managed to swap the tin out and pay the difference), its the Euro pilsner one. Hopefully will be getting into partials soon (once the PhD is done). Any recommendations for these/lagers in general? Im altering the kit a bit by adding some extra Motueka hops at 30 and 15 and some saaz at 45 and flameout. I'm a hop head but will this be ok for a pils? I know not traditional (the aim is to make a kind of hoppy lager, like a Corona but with flavour).

OH and im assuming cold crashing is recommended seeming i will have good temp control?

Back