Kosciuszko Pale Ale.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this the brewery at Berriedale not far from Jyndebyne......cheers......spog......

I could be wrong, but was of the opinion it was brewed under contract.

you could be right,but i passed through Berriedale last week and noticed a sign stating winery and micro brewery about 16km down a side road,wondering if this is the kossie brewery ?.....cheers.......spog.......
I could be wrong, but was of the opinion it was brewed under contract.

you could be right,but i passed through Berriedale last week and noticed a sign stating winery and micro brewery about 16km down a side road,wondering if this is the kossie brewery ?.....cheers.......spog.......

:icon_offtopic:
I made the turn to that brewery on the way back from the snow the week before last. Was a bit daunted by the dirt road and 16km but gave it a run anyway, only to find out after driving what felt like 20min on a dirt road to nowhere that the bloody placve was shut despite the sign saying that I was there during opening hours. Not happy. In comparison the Wild Brumby schnapps distillery up that way was a much more pleasant experience. :icon_drunk:

I was at a James Squire night last night and Chuck Hahn said that Kosi is brewed at the LN facility in Sydney (not sure if its Camperdown or Lidcombe). Was first brewed at the brewpub up the mountain but obviously can't keep up with volume now its gone mainstream.

A very knowledgable local from within the industry warned me that the bottled stuff in the capital cities is not the same as the kegs on tap in Jindabyne.
I had a local tap one last week and it was pretty darn good. Either that or I was awfully thirsty which I probably was as well.

Definitely worth a schooner if you are in the area of Jindabyne.

That is very true, the stuff on tap in venue is brewed there (sometimes from what I'm told...)
And the rest is contract brewed

For the record, yes it is brewed at the Banjo Pat Inn in Jindabyne where you can get it on tap - was there recently - not a bad drop. And it's also bulk-brewed at Lion for the masses, tastes a lot more....ordinary...

stuff needs to be drunk fresh! I find it amazing how much more lacing and head a homebrew ale can produce than a store bought anything. I was underwhelmed with kosios.

S&W pacific ale is a mighty nice drop, at least when it first came out - maybe its different now but.

I tried it on tap last week at a pub in Sydney and I highly rate it. I'll be heading down to jindabyne soon so I plan to try it there and see what the difference is.

Back