Kmart clearing Coopers stock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DU99 said:
:icon_offtopic: the woolworths near me use have Coopers products..but noticed a few months ago they started to restock there home brand and a small selection of cooper's range.
Without taking further OffT, they and their gouging competitor/counterpart are doing that with everry bloody thing in the stores.

Back on topic, thanks for the comment regarding the PA Yob, I grabbed a can of the APA along with a grain pack, a US05 and finishing hops from the LHBS to see how that little experiment comes up.

Popped up to the Kmart near me 2 cans of euro lager left, and plenty of their kits but all discounted.

popped into Kmart Sylvania and picked up two English bitters and a real ale total $29 also was tempted to pick up a extra FV as the kits were only $65 if they had of come with a better can than the OS lager I probably would have gone for it.

Checked out my k mart today. All they had was empty shelves and specials tickets looking for purpose.

KMart Firle sold out, with only three kits marked down to $65.

I went for a drive, and found Drakes Foodland at Target Square in Newton have a basic range.

Shelf full of real ale this morning at kmart sylvania
So I grabbed a two more

Get them while you can

I bought the last 500 caps on the shelf from Kmart Bundy last week.

Bargain!

cheers G. :D

I got the last crown seal caps at Arana Hills, was hoping for some cheap real ale cans but no cans left at all (they only had draught and real ale though). Only one carb drop pack left and PET caps as well as two starter kits.

Nothing left at Kmart Sunnybank & Calamvale, so I went to Big W Garden City, loads of stock but at full retail prices, so I picked up & pitched a can of Euro Lager. Never tried this one I hope it's nice, I really wanted a Mexican Cerveza but the dates on all the cans were only a couple of months from expiry. It seems the night-fill staff just chuck the new cans at the front without rotating stock. So, the cans at the back we're pretty much expired. Woolies in the same complex had very little stock but they were even more expensive (I don't get that) and the dates on the cans were again very old. Out of curiosity I checked my local IGA and almost all of their cans expired late last year. My nearest HBS is all the way in Cleveland, about a half hour drive from me, so the local BigW is my first port of call.

Last cans Euro Lager and Mexican Cerveza expiry date was just under 18 months so 18 months must be best before for coopers .
If they discounted the cans after 6 months by a dollar then they would be worth buying . The placement of the cans on shelf can be changed when you look for the freshest cans and put the old ones at the back.Putting too many cans on the shelf can also be a problem for rotation.

Popped into my local Kmart at Sunnybank Hills during my lunch break today and the shelves were cleared out, I asked one of the lasses there and she said it was all gone by the weekend but pointed me to a bargain bin clearance trolley that had 4 tins in it. The tins were all banged up but there was only one that was undamaged, it was a Coopers English Bitter with an expiry that is only 2 months away, but for $5 I thought what the hell, I grabbed it and will have to pitch it on the weekend.

Old-Ale.jpg

Dunno if it's the same lark, but there were no FV boxes for sale in Big W on the weekend either, not sure if they have just sold out or its indicative of a wider issue?? Loads of kits on the shelf though so a couple of pales seemed to drop into the pram

SWMBO will be pleased

Think I read somewhere the big supermarkets were stopping stocking home brew stuff as it cannibalises there bottle-shop sales.

Noticed a couple of fermenter kits marked down to $65 at Kmart in Shellharbour. Not much else left on the shelves.
Oddly, I saw the other day that my local Woolies are now re stocking homebrew after clearing their shelves a few months ago. Most of my money goes to my LHBS but sometimes the supermarkets come in handy.

Thats what I am waiting for.Still about twenty tins at kmart near my work.
ciderlover said:
bargain bin clearance trolley

Old-Ale.jpg

My 2V is still not ready so this weekend I am going to do a can of euro-lager, two kg of pale malt anda few pellets of saaz.

monkeymagik said:
Think I read somewhere the big supermarkets were stopping stocking home brew stuff as it cannibalises there bottle-shop sales.
More likely Coopers and such are not prepared to pay the ridiculous shelf space prices that the large chains charge.

Just picked up a few bits and bobs from kmart.
Extract cans for $10 ea, dextrose and ldm for $2 each.

If you know a mate who wants to get on the brew wagon...
Coopers home brew kits for $65 ea

Sorry Brisbane Brewers, I just cleared out the last of Toowongs stock today (2 cans were all they had left), Mount Ommaney and Indooroopilly are dry now too.

Latest posts

Back