Kmart clearing Coopers stock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppers

Reaction score
I have just been into my local Kmart and found that the coopers kits are on sale for $9 (standard) or $10 (International)

All the coopers range, including the fermentors ($65) are on sale

I called Kmart customer service on 1800 124 125 and asked about this, Only to be told that they will no longer will stocking any coopers products

Seems a shame, it was really convienient for me too

just at that location or did they mention it's an all-store thing?

I've got a better idea.
Purchase your brewing supplies from your local homebrew retailer who will actually appreciate your business.

Trust me, i spend a small fortune at a few local HBS, Kmart is also open 24 hours, so convienient on my way home from the club !!

I think its Australia wide, but the lady didnt specify

Provided the use by date is ok, on the odd occasion I get a can for a partial I prefer to spend an extra dollar and buy from the LHBS as opposed to Big W.

However I must admit it would be convenient if you just gotta grab a Cerveza on a Sunday Afternoon.

I wonder what Coopers thinks about this. Good news for LHBS and our favourite online offerings, though.

:kooi:

I find it easy not to buy from Kmart as there isn't one in Taree :p

When I lived on Bribie I rarely ventured into the Morayfield one anyway, very poor for mens clothing and shoes. Bought mostly from Big W.

Kmart is convenient for me too, though I am getting a lot of my brew supplies online from National Home Brew these days. Still, for people who are starting out, Kmart is one of the places they get their starter gear. It's kinda where I stumbled across home brewing and made my start. There's a good Big W with an extended range not too far from me too but it's not as easy to get to as Kmart...

Ah well, I guess there's nothing I can do but go pick up the discounted kits and dex for my next few K&B brews. The larger Woolworths stores still stock a limited range of Coopers gear as well as Brigalows, Homebrand and Tooheys.

I did hear a few weeks back when our LHBS was thrown into a flap trying to get hold of a enough consumables, crown seals etc. cos "all the supermarkets had stopped stocking HB supplies
Then I saw over the next few days woolies and bigW still stocking ... it all makes sense now ...kmart is "all the supermarkets"

lukiferj said:
Coles haven't sold them for a while. It's a shame as it's how a lot of people get into home brewing.
My first 10 or so kits were brought from Coles and Kmart.... before I knew what a LHBS was.

But not for the convenience of buying the kits back in the day, I don't think that I'd still be brewing today.

Woolies still has it though, which is surely more convenient? All the coopers cans are currently on sale for 9.99 - pale, draught, pilsner etc. They have everything there except fermenters - o rings, grommits, dex, coopers malt conditioner packs and all that jazz is available.. If you arent around any homebrew shops or its a sunday or whatever, its mighty handy, Their caps are pretty cheap too.

I still go to HBS for hop additions and yeasts so they're still supported.

Dropped by one of my local kmarts today, the only international series they had were the English Bitter and Canadian Blonde. So I picked up 2 x Canadian Blondes an will swing by the Other Kmart in my area tomorrow in the hope of finding some Euro Lager and/or Mex Cervesia since they are all going for $10 a piece. It's all a good price for a quick cheap kit & bits or a partial. Their regular line (the standard lager, real ale, dark ale etc) are all going for $9 which is 10c cheaper than the homebrand stuff at my Woolworths. Stock up and get it cheap while you can IMHO.

Cheers for the heads-up Hoppers. :)

Kmart Cannon hill Brisbane now do not have any home brew.

Back