Kmart 1k Ltr Water Tank

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerguide

Reaction score
I've been considering getting a small water tank at home to use for homebrew. Primarily due to all the water that one uses during cleaning, but also if viable to use in the brew also instead of tap water.

The latest catalogue was just delivered to me and I spoted this portable water tank for 350 bucks (http://kmart.com.au/catalogue/20071011/lar...p;PageNumber=18) and I'm interested to see what people think.

Would it be safe to use in homebrew? What cleaning, or preventative measures would I need to take to clear the water before use - if any, eg: run it through a carbon filter etc..?

I use tank water for all my brewing, as long as it is part of the boil. I carbon filter it first before use, just to remove floaties and any off flavours, Big W had two stage carbon filters on sale for $100 not long ago. You would need a pump as well (food grade) unless you plan on using gravity feed?

I also use the tank water to chill my beer using the counter flow chiller and recycle the water back into the tank.

Personally though, the picture makes it look like a pretty shody piece of equipment, spend a couple of hundred more on a decent one and you will never look back.

Latest posts

Back