KK kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkuna

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on the series 4 Keg King kegerator. Looking at putting 2 corny kegs with Pluto guns. And come canned drinks for the kids. Not interested in fonts or taps please advise

Best model yet. I have a series 1 and a series 2.
As I have often posted, walk into Harvey Norman with $500 looking for something similar and they would smile pityingly.

Hi Koolkuna,
My wife just bought me the keg king series 4 and gave it to me on Friday as an early Christmas present.
Easily fits 3 corny kegs, so you should have heaps of room for 2 kegs and be able to stack a whole heap of cans in there for the kids.
She bought it direct from Keg King. Fantastic service!
Regards
Chris

Old bloke

Thanks considered a chest freezer conversion but when you add up freezer and the temperature controller might as well buy the keg king fridge thanks for your recommendation cheers

I've had my Series 4 for 2 weeks now. The only issue is that my beer is disappearing far too quickly!

DigitalGiraffe said:
I've had my Series 4 for 2 weeks now. The only issue is that my beer is disappearing far too quickly!
That's a common problem with all keg fridges. :p

KoolKuna if you are dead against taps and/or font, it might be worth considering the impact of design (chest vs upright) on cooling loss from repeatedly opening the door on hot days.

The great thing about chest freezers with the pluto setup is you get minimal cold-air loss when you open the lid from the top. Bar fridge style you wouldn't want the kids to be in and out of the fridge a lot on hot days. At very least it would hike your running costs, potentially within a year or two eating away any cost saving from not getting the extra temp controller. Worst case you won't be able to keep your beer cold enough for your liking at the peak of summer.

My opinion is based on experience of having a KK1, which I love but wouldn't want to be opening the door in summer, and a chesty for cold conditioning that also keeps extra kegs on loose taps (its a keezer that I've never got around to making a collar for, so the taps sit on their kegs).

For the stand-alone KK4 budget you could pick up a 360-litre fisher and paykel chest freezer off gumtree (there's one in Albury at the moment asking $300) and have change after getting the temp controller.

I bought a 300 litre chestie new and delivered for under $500. I already had an STC but they are pitifully cheap anyway. At the moment it has three kegs, one fermenter cold crashing and a cube chilling, with two bronco taps sitting in the basket along with two six packs. At peak times it could easily house six kegs and another two mini kegs on the hump. It rarely has to run when set at 2C and is extremely forgiving when I jave the lid open for extended periods. It just depends on how much space you have and what your future plans might be.

I saw a KK Keg fridge at KK this arvo, reduced to $1400 (scratch & dent I think) I didn't take much notice as I wasn't there to purchase a keg fridge. It looked pretty big, Coupla doors etc.
Saw this thread and thought I'd just chime in.
Carry on,

Back