KK Grainmill or Mashmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugg3t

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase my first grain mill. Which one of the above grain mills would you recommend that I purchase?

Cheers

Nugg3t

We just did a bulk buy on the mash master, so you're likely to get a lot of recommendations for that. I haven't used it yet but I love it already, it's a solid bit of kit.

Also check out the second hand EOI mill thread, as most of the guys who bought the mash master will be off loading their old mills, so you might get a bargain there. https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/second-hand-grain-mill-eois.96756/page-2#post-1488166

There's also another thread discussing the relative merits of mills aroudn here somehwere: https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/what-grain-mill-to-buy.97048/page-2#post-1488738

Both result in beer.

The MM is better made with more accurate adjustment and fluted rollers and is likely to last longer and resell for more.

It also costs twice as much.

I'm in the MM crowd, well I did run the recent bulk buy for them, and did so based on quality. However if your just starting out, there are still some secondhand KK mills floating about, mine is still in the malt cupboard and in very good condition, I've been too sick, busy and lazy to post it up forsale. Most have gone at around the $60-$80 mark, (good buying at that price) as will mine when I get my butt into gear and put it in the Buy and sell section of the forum.

Buy once properly mate.
I've had my fluted mm mill now for 18 months, best brews ever, best eff, better sparge, faster,a nd on and on and on.... Compared to my old kk one . No contest. It will see your grand kids out..
Yeah costs abit more, but you won't regret it.
You can see how many chased into the bulk buy on these, speaks volumes of its performance.

Latest posts

Back