KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can wait a few more weeks then you can get the new gen 3 fermentasaurus upgrade kit which has a tri clover elbow on the bottom. I think we will have one on show in about 3 weeks and small qty on sale soon afterwards.
Would love to get my hands on one to do a review

Does any one elses snub look like this? This is fresh out of the box un-used.
71534606_688561871625389_4376555946453762048_n.jpg
70776823_684161552049861_4117397581158416384_n.jpg

The first pic mine looks the same the second pic is that the light giving it a darker hue?
Thats the actual colour of the "blemishes" when you look thru the light, like it got cooked during the molding process. I can't tell if it's on the inside or outside.

How do you know what you are getting?
Well usually you would just put one type of malt per unit. We think this is a nice way for brewers to store their malt so that it not only looks the part in a brewers corner but also keeps out rodents and moisture. End of November it will also be available in a 60 litre version which handles a bag and a half of malt.

Well usually you would just put one type of malt per unit. We think this is a nice way for brewers to store their malt so that it not only looks the part in a brewers corner but also keeps out rodents and moisture. End of November it will also be available in a 60 litre version which handles a bag and a half of malt.

No, but in this picture there is a variety of malts at $2 per kilo. How do you know what you are getting if you were to purchase from that barrel?

No, but in this picture there is a variety of malts at $2 per kilo. How do you know what you are getting if you were to purchase from that barrel?
At $2 a kilo its just a lucky DIP as to what you get. Please don’t lose any sleep over it. Some people like to do a mix and see what comes out. Maybe not for you but for many its a bit of fun.

Don't you work for them? That's the impression I have always had. Surely you would get one as a perk of the job to trial?
No, I don't work for them, I doubt there would be any call for a gardener. I probably could get one to trial if I asked nicely, I have seen how it works and it works well, but as I don't like to get any trub into the fermenter, and I just swill and pour out the yeast I haven't really any need for one. The Snubby does me fine.

My first run of the snub nose today. 28lt batch of Old Speckled Hen in my fermentation fridge just starting to tick over.

So far, I’m very impressed, oxygen free transfers to cornies, easy to clean, not so hard to move around and the ability for me to hook it up easily to my beer engine for dispensing like a cask. And all for under $80. The fact it doesn’t have a dump valve isn’t an issue for me - I’m all about maximising yeast, but I save some of my starter each batch, so harvesting after fermentation isn’t a need for me.

At the end of the day, each to their own, you can spend $1000s on jacketed stainless conicals and bright tanks, if you want to, but for me, $80 and it fits in my fridge is bang on target.

It wouldn’t make a difference if it was from KK or KL, it fits my needs and I’m more than happy with it.

I was going to post earlier asking how this was going
I'll be ordering ASAP pending price

I was going to post earlier asking how this was going
I'll be ordering ASAP pending price
Price is same as current model Fermentasaurus but that does not include the stainless steel cooling coil. This is actually a price decrease as pressure lid is now standard and not an extra cost.

How does this adapt to tri clamp?

And what's the length of the coil submerged in a standard single batch?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back