Kids + Fermentation = Bad

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypes

It is, a nice!
Reaction score
Bottled a wheat tonight as I had been away for a while. Inside my fermenting fridge was a little mouldy as well.

I thought nothing of it as I have it sealed with trusty old glad wrap, until I spotted the nice finger shaped hole in it.

My missus told me that it happened on Sunday

Rather than chuck the lot I decided to bottle it and store them outside, just in case one of them decides to blow. The banana notes were phenomenal

Off to bunnings tomorrow......

copyImage.jpg

Yes, my daughter was helping me bottle some beer, by passing me the new bottles as I filled them. It was only close to the end that I realised she had been licking all of excess sugar out of the tops of each bottle! :)

robbo5253 said:
You can dispose of Children @ Bunnings? :D
Hells yes! There's a cage at my local Bunnings with slides and shit inside it. It's awesome.

My youngest daughter grabbed the tap on my keezer in the shed and ran screaming covered in cold beer. She hasn't touched it since.

So, you just need to scar them emotionally somehow. No need for locks.

I've provided this link for your perusal

My little helpers always want to get involved with my beer making - very inquisitive. They make pretend beer in the bath adding hops and yeast just as a game.

The lock may have to do for now

I thought you were going to say that you found lego in the fermenter.

My 3 year old mashes in his cubby house and makes Mud Beer, also likes to help stir the mash when I brew, so I cant really complain!

After thoroughly cleaning and sanisiting my fermenter, my 2yo boy (about a year ago) decided that it would be awesome to climb inside and pretend it was a boat or something. It's the new Coopers one so was big enough, especially with the krausen collar, for him to crouch in and hold onto the sides with his fuzzy little head poking out.

It was really hard to be angry at him, it looked bloody hilarious. I really wish I'd snapped a photo. :)

My youngest is not at school yet, so she's there most brew days. She doesn't really help but a small bowl of grains keeps her occupied for ages!

wbosher said:
After thoroughly cleaning and sanisiting my fermenter, my 2yo boy (about a year ago) decided that it would be awesome to climb inside ...
I think this is the closest to being on topic so far ......... :ph34r:

Huh. I was just thinking quietly to myself that I don't have these issues anymore. The kids have all grown up and brewing their own now.

BUT.....then I realised the grand kids have started to arrive. Hi ho, it's off to Bunnings I go.

M

Latest posts

Back