Kegs not carbonating with kegerator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maldridge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last Saturday (8 days ago), I placed two 19L corny kegs in my kegerator. Hooked them both up to the gas which was set at 12psi (serving pressure), and let them sit in the fridge at around 3c.

Went for a test pour today and the beer on one keg seems to have little to no carbonation at all.The other keg doesn't seem to be pouring at all (which is another problem I'll need to look at - perhaps the hop bag I added is blocking the tube??).

The first brew I kegged and used with the kegerator a few months back, using the exact same method as I described seemed to carb up just fine. If I remember correctly it was good to drink in only 7 days.

Does trying to carb two kegs at the same time take longer?

Ive checked for leaks, all good on that front. I can hear the gas entering the kegs when I connect the gas posts. Not sure if its just taking a bit longer than usual or what..?

Any ideas?

I'm happy to wait another few days or however long its going to take, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...

Did you pull a nip to check, or a full glass?

12psi for 8 days is plenty.

I pulled half a glass.....I'll try more to see if its better in the keg, may just be whats left in the lines?

Did the lid of the keg seal up ok?

Just noticed a few of mine are being a bit temperamental of late and sometimes need gas turned right up when I first chuck it on for them to seal up tightly

OK. Turns out its carbed fine, I just needed to pour about half a pint to clear the lines!

Wont make that mistake again :)

Now to check the 2nd keg, see if the post is blocked...

Latest posts

Back