Kegorators And All Grain Beginnings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fistyman

Reaction score
I got home tonight after drinking midstrength as I had to drive. Opened the Kegorator and pulled out a frosty Pint glass... the Mexican Cerveza poured a golden stream of happiness until #$%^$%@## the air bubbles signalled the end of the keg! I looked down at the dry dusty fermenter on the ground. Looked at the empty second keg and sighed.
BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE... I did judt go and buy the ICE KING by NYLEX for $110 at Bunnings. 45 litres of four day ice holding capacity for my new All Grain brewery. Obtained two disused 50 litre kegs and now all i need is a manifold for the Mash tun (gonna make it out of PVC after seeing one on the net) a Turkey burner and a million kilometres of copper piping. Oh and probably another fermenter though I saw a guy who has used a 50 litre keg as a fermenter...interesting.

BTW If anyone wants to know how to make a Kegorator feel free to drop a line.
My nephew suggested the name DROP BEAR BREWERY. Maybe.

As Pumpy said, twice.
:blink: :blink:

I'll :blink: :blink: :blink: that...lol

Dude, I'll be at the Gungahlin skatepark after about 11am tomorrow, so drop me a line and we can meet up to talk about your options :beer:

PZ.

Imitating Brick Tamland:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE :blink:'ING ABOUT!

LOUD :blink:S

I'm guessing that you want to use the copper piping for a wort chiller???

It is always an option to just fill a clean 20 litre cube of boiling wort to let cool over a day or two before fermenting. It is known as the no chiller method if you want to look it up for all of the pros and cons. The big advantage is no need for a chiller.

Latest posts

Back