Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are in the pipeline already. I am guessing they will be finished at the end of the year. We have been waiting to confirm the BrewBuilt X3 designs so we can ensure the compatibility and this has been the main delay in getting the TC heaters finished.
What about shipping the X3 to private customers in Europe.

I would like to get a hold on a 14G Brewbuilt X3 UniTank.
But for the past 14 months we saw no options to order Brewbuilt products here.
We kinda feel like you abandoned us.

Kegland don't make the brewbuilts, they are the Aussie distributor. Talk to morebeer.

Hello Heliox. The Brewbuilt X3 tanks have not been released yet. These are likely to be released some time late next year.

For Europe you guys have a PED (pressure equipment directive) approval process which is why it's been a bit slower in Europe. The X2 tanks will be available very soon in Europe and I believe Ølbrygging AS -Gjør det selv! will have these very soon so it might be worth you checking with them.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, is the inner diameter of the centre drain the same in the 100L BrewZilla as it is in the 35L/65L models, or is it larger?

Thanks

No the drain is the same size. We have upgraded to a larger pump in this model but we don't see any need to increase the drain size at this stage.

Hey Kegland,
Do you have any rough estimate on when the strawberry one would be in stock again? Wasn't sure if it was maybe out of stock due to you possibly switching sizes as you mentioned? Keeping an eye out for the ginger one too 🙂

Quite keen to give the rekorderlig clone you mentioned in the description a go once I free up a keg......is it just a keg of standard apple cider plus 8ml? Or did you add anything else specific like lime or something? Got a brigalow tin that needs using up, and the more expensive mangrove jack kits haven't tasted that nice when I've done them......but it could be down to me!

Don't suppose anyone else has requested rhubarb? It is nice...... honest https://bws.com.au/product/188257/kopparberg-rhubarb-500ml - I admit that I might be a little biased as I come from the "rhubarb triangle" in the UK 😁

Cheers!

I am sorry but we are changing the packaging format for these. In the past these punchy flavours have been hand filled into glass bottles but due to the large number that we are processing now we are upgrading to a sachet packaging machine which is much more automated. The new sachet packing machine will pack the punch flavors into smaller 10ml sachets so customers can purchase only a small amount if they like. Generally speaking for a 10L keg a small 10ml sachet is about the right concentration and the previous 100ml bottles were really way too much flavour for most customers to get through. Also some of the flavours have a tendency to oxidise in a bottle that has been opened. So it's not really ideal to continually open the bottle using small amounts at a time.

I think the new sachet packaging machine should be commissioned in about March next year and once this happens we will start to pack down the strawberry flavour again. Sorry about the long wait?

What is the purpose for the whirlpool?
I'd only do it if the recipe called for a hopstand addition.
I find with the HED it catches most of the trub and allows for a clean enough transfer of wort to the fermenter without doing a whirlpool.

I would totally agree with this. Customers read about whirlpooling in commercial systems and then I think they feel this is necessary in the BrewZilla as the screen will filter the hops out. If you are recirculating you also tend to get a natural filter bed form above the screen.

See attached photo of how the hops collect above the screen.

Attachments

• brewzilla hop cake.jpg
    brewzilla hop cake.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 0
No the drain is the same size. We have upgraded to a larger pump in this model but we don't see any need to increase the drain size at this stage.
No worries, I've moved the pump on my bz35 unit so that it gravity drains instead but that's pretty slow - was hoping it would be a larger port on the bigger unit but I guess it's a pretty niche use case.

What's the volume below the base of the malt pipe in the 100L unit (dead space I guess)? Must be a fair bit if the malt pipe is 72L and vessel volume is 107L?

No worries, I've moved the pump on my bz35 unit so that it gravity drains instead but that's pretty slow - was hoping it would be a larger port on the bigger unit but I guess it's a pretty niche use case.

What's the volume below the base of the malt pipe in the 100L unit (dead space I guess)? Must be a fair bit if the malt pipe is 72L and vessel volume is 107L?

The dead space is quite small and only about 18L.

I am sorry but we are changing the packaging format for these. In the past these punchy flavours have been hand filled into glass bottles but due to the large number that we are processing now we are upgrading to a sachet packaging machine which is much more automated. The new sachet packing machine will pack the punch flavors into smaller 10ml sachets so customers can purchase only a small amount if they like. Generally speaking for a 10L keg a small 10ml sachet is about the right concentration and the previous 100ml bottles were really way too much flavour for most customers to get through. Also some of the flavours have a tendency to oxidise in a bottle that has been opened. So it's not really ideal to continually open the bottle using small amounts at a time.

I think the new sachet packaging machine should be commissioned in about March next year and once this happens we will start to pack down the strawberry flavour again. Sorry about the long wait?
All good - will see if there's any other flavours left in stock that I might try in the meantime - 10ml does sound more manageable for kegs🙂

Hello Heliox. The Brewbuilt X3 tanks have not been released yet. These are likely to be released some time late next year.

For Europe you guys have a PED (pressure equipment directive) approval process which is why it's been a bit slower in Europe. The X2 tanks will be available very soon in Europe and I believe Ølbrygging AS -Gjør det selv! will have these very soon so it might be worth you checking with them.
Thanks for the reply Kegland.

I have seen the Jacketed X3 in Germany and it looked nice with the big TC lid.

The X2 i do not want. Too much negative reviews on Youtube and on forums about V Band Clamps
All Fermenters and Unitanks with a V Band Clamps start to leak pressure or suck air back in it.

The X2 also has no TC heating port. Working with silicone heating pad is not ment for me.

So most European brewers are only interested in Jacketed Unitanks with TC Lids and a TC heating port.

It would be nice if we could order it directly from MoreBeer. The Ølbrygging website is all Chinese for me. No English webpage sadly.

I hope that this EU PED Certification will pass fast.

Thnx,

Kegland don't make the brewbuilts, they are the Aussie distributor. Talk to morebeer.
I see that now. I Didn't know that.
The thing with USA MoreBeer is that they dont provide any information about Brewbuilt products exporting to Europe.

For SS Brewtech goes the same. No feedback or costumer service. The 2.0 jacketed unitanks are not availible in EU. We just have to figure it out by ourselves.
Only Brewtools are the only option here in EU for Jacketed UniTanks, but they use shitty 34 mm tc ports. And then i need to get all new parts in 34mm.

This EU project here is really falling when it comes to rules and new laws. It feels like being isolated from the rest of the world. We can't get anything anymore.
AliExpress for all Kegland products and electronics. And US products are not availible.

Anyways thanks for your answer.

Thanks for the reply Kegland.

I have seen the Jacketed X3 in Germany and it looked nice with the big TC lid.

The X2 i do not want. Too much negative reviews on Youtube and on forums about V Band Clamps
All Fermenters and Unitanks with a V Band Clamps start to leak pressure or suck air back in it.

The X2 also has no TC heating port. Working with silicone heating pad is not ment for me.

So most European brewers are only interested in Jacketed Unitanks with TC Lids and a TC heating port.

It would be nice if we could order it directly from MoreBeer. The Ølbrygging website is all Chinese for me. No English webpage sadly.

I hope that this EU PED Certification will pass fast.

Thnx,

There is nothing online about the x3 range that i can find, do you have a link to anything about these?

There is nothing online about the x3 range that i can find, do you have a link to anything about these?

I believe you can see it on this yt vid. That is a Brewbuilt Unitank with TC lid according to Mr Heath during the kegland stand build up at Brau.
Starting from 19 minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221-002652.png
    Screenshot_20231221-002652.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hey do you guys sell the Brewbuilt 4" triclamp lids with coils separately?

Currently have a diy lid in my kegmenter that has a coil/thermowell/gasposts/ PRV

Anyone had a pill separate in wort will my beer be OK its a very expensive NEIPA with a lot of hops? I think I may have angered Mr Boyle and his laws, went from a pressure ferment quick clean and starsan into the new wort post chiller. Guessing from cold crash and 15 psi to 35C and no pressure may have been the cause. NEIPA is now kegged will try in a bit to see if I get an ex-pill hiint:D
Phew the beer is Ok actually delish n juicy - pill not so much:oops:

Last edited:
Hey...Good morning...I heard that it is not necessary to do a whirpool in generation 4...due to the central hole in the pan...is that true?

Hey do you guys sell the Brewbuilt 4" triclamp lids with coils separately?

Currently have a diy lid in my kegmenter that has a coil/thermowell/gasposts/ PRV

We will be getting this product in stock soon. There has been a number of changes to this product but I believe that it's available in a couple months.

Hey...Good morning...I heard that it is not necessary to do a whirpool in generation 4...due to the central hole in the pan...is that true?

Yes that is correct. Whirlpool is a waste of time with the Gen 4. This is especially the case if you decide to use the Heat Exchanger Dish (HED)

Back