Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the 4L ones recently got pushed back from end of December to end of Jan recently

Yes I am sorry about this. The 4L ones have been delayed but these are in a separate container to the 8L kegs are actually on the water so the date is fairly solid on these ones.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, the 35 l Brewzilla extension is listed as adding 12 l capacity. But by my measurements it seems the increase in volume is more like 14 l. Can you please confirm?
I use an extension on a digiboil as a boiler in a 3V system, and since it had no trouble reaching a boil I decided to add another extension to squeeze out a bigger batch. I measured volume as 35 + 12 + volume mark on upper extension, but was surprised when I ended up with more wort than anticipated, and a lower gravity. After cubing I measured the height from bottom of digiboil to the extension volume marking and calculated a greater volume.
Greater capacity is great. And this batch won’t suffer from a lower gravity and bitterness. But it would be good to be more accurate when planning my next brew.
Am I right about the extension volume? Or did I do some poor arithmetic?

Am I right about the extension volume? Or did I do some poor arithmetic?

Which model of BrewZilla do you have. We made the BrewZilla Boil Extender backward and forward compatible so it can be used with all the BrewZilla models. With that said the volume of the base BrewZilla has changed slightly especially when we went from the 3.1.1 and the Gen4. As a result of this it was impossible for the markings in the extender to be accurate across all different models. The graduations are quite accurate in relation to each graduation being 1L but in terms of the total markings this is quite difficult to achieve due to the different BrewZilla base sizes.

Would any of the new Impressence flavourings work in a beer. For example a coffee stout with Coffee Liqueur or a Bourbon/Whisky/Whiskey in an Imperial stout or one of the Gin's in a sour?

Would any of the new Impressence flavourings work in a beer. For example a coffee stout with Coffee Liqueur or a Bourbon/Whisky/Whiskey in an Imperial stout or one of the Gin's in a sour?
Yes they would be absolutely fine in that instance. I have already tried the Bourbon and this works well especially in dark beers.

Which model of BrewZilla do you have. We made the BrewZilla Boil Extender backward and forward compatible so it can be used with all the BrewZilla models. With that said the volume of the base BrewZilla has changed slightly especially when we went from the 3.1.1 and the Gen4. As a result of this it was impossible for the markings in the extender to be accurate across all different models. The graduations are quite accurate in relation to each graduation being 1L but in terms of the total markings this is quite difficult to achieve due to the different BrewZilla base sizes.
I have a 35 l Digiboil (two actually), not Brewzilla. I guess the volumes are much the same as a Brewzilla 3.1 but have never seen them side-by-side.
I trust the volume markings on the Digiboil, and that the 1 l increments on the extensions are actually at 1 l intervals. I’ve checked my measurements and the extension definitely does appear to add more than the 12 l advertised to the total capacity, but it’s only obvious when adding a second extension. I guess I’m one of the few people who do.
Distance from 10 l to 30 l on Digiboil: 280 mm (i.e. 14 mm/l)
Distance from 1 l to 10 l on extension: 125 mm (13.9 mm/l)
(there does appear to be a marginal difference between the two but it’s tiny)
Distance from 30 l mark on Digiboil to 1 l mark on extension: 82 mm (= 5.9 l based on 13.9 mm/l - close enough to the 6 l expected)
Volume at the 10 l mark on the lower extension is therefore 36 + 9 = 45 l (as expected)
Distance from 10 l mark on lower extension to 1 l mark on upper extension: 80 mm (= 5.8 l based on 13.9 mm/l)
Volume at 1 l mark on upper extension is therefore 45 + 5.8 = 50.8 l. But if lower extension added 12 l, then total volume to 1 l mark on upper extension should be 35 + 12 + 1 = 48 l.
The volume of the extension appears to be 14.8 l.

Hullo! I have fermzilla all rounder that I've been using for quite a few brews with fairly excellent success. I use it for both pressure and non-pressure ferments. Now, on the lid, I use a couple of carbonation caps but the problem is that I seem to have screwed them on too tight, and am unable to get them out even with a wrench, bare hands, towel wrapped hands. Hence, I've been using them over the past few brews. I know it is not a big deal since I sanitize the entire lid thoroughly and have not a single infection problem but it would still be nice to take them out.

Any pointers would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Hullo! I have fermzilla all rounder that I've been using for quite a few brews with fairly excellent success. I use it for both pressure and non-pressure ferments. Now, on the lid, I use a couple of carbonation caps but the problem is that I seem to have screwed them on too tight, and am unable to get them out even with a wrench, bare hands, towel wrapped hands. Hence, I've been using them over the past few brews. I know it is not a big deal since I sanitize the entire lid thoroughly and have not a single infection problem but it would still be nice to take them out.

Any pointers would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Multigrips or vice grips are your best bet

Hey all,

Is it just me, or when you push some keg land evobarrier line into a duo tight fitting, you have to push so hard your line kinks? That is, you can get it in, but pushing it right into the fitting to properly mate them together is near impossible. (Using the Kee YouTube video with a texta to mark the depth req'd). Beautiful square cut ends and all.
It happens to me all the time and it drives me crazy. Old John Guest fittings were so much easier.

Maybe my line is just crap.

Cheers
K

Hey all,

Is it just me, or when you push some keg land evobarrier line into a duo tight fitting, you have to push so hard your line kinks? That is, you can get it in, but pushing it right into the fitting to properly mate them together is near impossible. (Using the Kee YouTube video with a texta to mark the depth req'd). Beautiful square cut ends and all.
It happens to me all the time and it drives me crazy. Old John Guest fittings were so much easier.

Cheers
K
I lube the tube ends a little and my lines don’t kink.

Hey all,

Cheers
K

I find it helps to rotate the tube back and forth when shoving it in. Helps with beer lines too. ;-)

Hey all,

Cheers
K
I used to have the same problem then I read a post on here that said to chamfer the end of the tube with a pencil sharpener. I have not had an issue since.

Hey kegland

i think i saw somewhere that you made a flow meter? like this one is this correct?+

Attachments

• 1070842839_max.jpg
    1070842839_max.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 0
I used to have the same problem then I read a post on here that said to chamfer the end of the tube with a pencil sharpener. I have not had an issue since.
Yes it does help insert the tube all the way. One issue that I think some customers have is making sure that the tube is inserted all the way to end bump stop. if the tube only goes partially into the hole it will not be anywhere near as reliable a seal.

If you find the line is very hard to insert you can also rotate as mentioned above or even put a very small amount of lube on the line.

I generally do not do these things and just puss the line quite hard and it seems to work but there are ways to make it a bit easier as mentioned above.

Back