Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am new to having a kegerator and I have had a couple of kegs in and out already. Now I am having a problem with ice and frost building up and keeping the temp up.

If you have excessive frost build up then it's almost guaranteed that you have an issue with moisture getting into the fridge. The fridge can't create H20 so if you have ice building up quickly on the chill plate at the back its an indication that you have air exchange or maybe water is getting spilled inside the fridge somehow.

If you have the fridge set very cold so the cold plate is always sub zero the ice never melts and therefor the water may not exit out the rear drainage hole where it should go.

In my opinion the plastic carbonation caps are superior to the plastic ones as they use a wedge seal that pretty much never needs to be replaced.

If you do want to replace the carbonation cap seals then you can use this camlock washer:
https://www.kegland.com.au/5-pack-camlock-replacement-silicone-seal.html
The seal I had in my carb cap had just fallen out and got lost, I have camlock seals in my spare parts so will use on of them thanks

My carb caps get abused at times for cleaning and don't think plastic ones would do the job.

Plus I try reduce how much plastic I have

Hi,

Looking into the 100L brewzilla and have a few Questions:
- What are the dimesions of the unit?
- What is the max yield of wort out of the unit?
- How much grain can the malt pipe hold?
- Are the extension pieces to increase volume available? (can't find them on the site)

Cheers

@KegLand-com-au what is the minimum batch size on the brewbuilt X2 53L whilst still getting jacket contact? Would a single batch still work ok?

Also (as always), any updates on benchtop mini kegerators?

Hey whats the minimum and max batch on your, is 200L the working capacity of the total volume and you can only have say 160L fermenting?

200L Conical Fermenter with Dimple Jacket and Insulation Unitank?​

https://www.kegland.com.au/microbre...-jacket-and-50mm-polyurethane-insulation.html

On all these commercial tanks the nominal volume is the recommended working volume. For instance this 200L tank will fit 200L of beer fermenting and not get higher than the insulated jacket. The brimful volume is more like 260L

Hi Are the Heavy duty 15amp RAPT temperature controllers available with UK compatibility yet please ?

Set the X2 95L up today, it's a thing of beauty.... but I do have a couple of issues.

the standard set up has the blow off tube, however I purchased the pressure kit, which does not come with an additional end cap to close off the port intended for the blow off tube... so I can't actually use the pressure kit until I can block off the blow off port. They're on the website and not that expensive, so perhaps you include it in the pressure kit or note that you will need to purchase an additional end cap to use it. little bit frustrating as I'm over 2 hours away from kegland.

secondly, the flex chamber did not come with a rubber gasket, I assume it should have? - EDIT - was hiding in a small bag with the hops and yeast....

cheers

Last edited:
I have recently received the X2 Jacketed 7 gallon (27L) fermenter. This package does include the Pressure Pack. In the instructions that come with the Pressure Pack, it clearly states: "Before applying pressure you will need to replace the U-shaped blow-off with a TC End Cap or TC pressure Gauge"

Further down the instruction sheet it says: "If you plan to ferment under pressure, you will need the optional BrewBuilt Kit for Fermenting Under Pressure.
This kit comes with a commercial-grade Pressure Relief Valve, an adjustable Spunding Valve and a sealed pressure Gauge. The Spunding Valve allows you to set a safe pressure to ferment"

In looking through the options that are avaiable for the BrewBuilt fermenters, I noticed the "Kit for Fermenting Under Pressure" spunding valve seems to only work between 1-2 bar. I prefer to ferment under 1 bar. I ended up ordering up the Spike All-In-One PRV and their CIP arm to use with the X2 Jacketed Fermenter

Spike has an excellent YouTube video where they discuss a lot of the different PRVs available and which you might choose for safety reasons :

BTW, the flex chamber with the fermenter I received did come with an O-ring on the chamber and a 2" TC gasket to connect it to the butterfly valve.

Hi Are the Heavy duty 15amp RAPT temperature controllers available with UK compatibility yet please ?

Technically all the electronics inside the controller and the relays can handle the full 15amp. So the limitation for the RAPT controllers are what sockets/plugs are put on them.

With the UK plugs I believe these are all rated to 13amps so they come with the standard 13amp outlet on them.

If you wanted to use higher amperage and go up to 15amps then you would have to switch to a different outlet. With that said you can check this with your local UK retailer as we ship out various different configurations based on what is requested from the retailer. For instance Angel Home Brew in UK purchase our controllers with both UK and EU plugs on them which you can see here:

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/tem...controller.html#/176-plug_type-eu_2_round_pin

Set the X2 95L up today, it's a thing of beauty.... but I do have a couple of issues.

the standard set up has the blow off tube, however I purchased the pressure kit, which does not come with an additional end cap to close off the port intended for the blow off tube... so I can't actually use the pressure kit until I can block off the blow off port. They're on the website and not that expensive, so perhaps you include it in the pressure kit or note that you will need to purchase an additional end cap to use it. little bit frustrating as I'm over 2 hours away from kegland.

secondly, the flex chamber did not come with a rubber gasket, I assume it should have? - EDIT - was hiding in a small bag with the hops and yeast....

cheers

Thanks for that. sorry about this. Yes the gasket should be included with the flex chamber. We have only started to order these and I thing the guys in procurement are just working out all the different part numbers but I would agree we should make kits that make a bit more sense. Pretty much everyone purchases the pressure option so I think we will upload a pressure kit that includes all the stuff you need to get it going.

Can you please contact the customer service team with your order number to ask them for any parts that are missing so we can sort this out for you.

Hi,
My (deluxe) soda stream bottle adapter has CO2 coming out of the screw, I guess the oring is damaged, are the replacement orings the same as the ones in the "Seal Kit for KegLand Sodastream Filling Adaptor" pack?

Cheers

Can you please send us an email with some photos of the parts you have replaced with your phone number and order number. This is a good one for the customer service team. I think that is the correct pack in the link but just got to be sure that you are using this for the correct product that we sell.

Can you please send us an email with some photos of the parts you have replaced with your phone number and order number. This is a good one for the customer service team. I think that is the correct pack in the link but just got to be sure that you are using this for the correct product that we sell.
Hi, thanks for the reply I see you have now changed the web page and added the size of the oring needed for the pin, here is a link to the instruction manual how to change it as it is not working on your site right now, Cheers ;)
http://web.archive.org/web/20220309...Sodastream Adaptor How to Replace O-rings.pdf

Technically all the electronics inside the controller and the relays can handle the full 15amp. So the limitation for the RAPT controllers are what sockets/plugs are put on them.

With the UK plugs I believe these are all rated to 13amps so they come with the standard 13amp outlet on them.

If you wanted to use higher amperage and go up to 15amps then you would have to switch to a different outlet. With that said you can check this with your local UK retailer as we ship out various different configurations based on what is requested from the retailer. For instance Angel Home Brew in UK purchase our controllers with both UK and EU plugs on them which you can see here:

https://www.angelhomebrew.co.uk/tem...controller.html#/176-plug_type-eu_2_round_pin
Hi many thanks for that but I’m still confused . Are you saying that both the 10 amp version and the 15amp version are identical except the 15 amp (KL 30410) has upgraded cables and plugs
Many thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back