Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kegland. A few pages back you mentioned that you were looking to release keg bladders as an alternative to needing to use beer engines. I have had a look on your site and cannot find them? Are they available yet, and if not are they still something you are working on?

Sorry about this. That project has seen one delay after the next. We are still planning to make this but we have been making a lot of design changes and this is slowing the process down quite a bit.

We have another RAPT connected volumetric gas flow meter and this is something we are working on at the moment. I think this will work better than a load cell.
Well that sounds awesome. Are you working on a liquid and a gas flow device?

Would love to know how much is left in a keg

If I use the new heavy duty false bottom in the older model Brewzilla 3.1.1, I believe it will sit a bit higher and keep the malt pipe resting on the top wire. But is the new heavy duty false bottom strong enough to just set the malt pipe directly on it (without the support of the top wire)?

If I use the new heavy duty false bottom in the older model Brewzilla 3.1.1, I believe it will sit a bit higher and keep the malt pipe resting on the top wire. But is the new heavy duty false bottom strong enough to just set the malt pipe directly on it (without the support of the top wire)?
The latest KL youtube video had Kee standing on it, so it'll easily handle the weight of the malt pipe.

Hi @KegLand-com-au I noticed the new false bottom you released looks like the design could double as a bit of a trub catcher on the bottom after a whirlpool. I've been trying to keep more of the break etc out of my fermenter and this looks like it could work quite well. Did you guys notice any difference during testing? Do you have a seal somewhere in your range which could be added to the bottom cylinder to improve things?

Well that sounds awesome. Are you working on a liquid and a gas flow device?

Would love to know how much is left in a keg

At the moment we are mainly working on an internet connected gas flow device that will meter gas volumetrically so this will make carbonation really easy. If any of you guys think of a good name for this device please let me know and we will give you a prize for a good name. We might at some stage make the Fill-o-meter a RAPT (internet connected) product as well in the future so you can turn on and off and meter liquid flow remotely but this will be a separate product.

Any plans to sell a hop bong kit for the kegmenter? Something with all the bits picked and packed - like this one for the fermzilla. Or have I missed something? Haven't browsed this one for a while but did some searching ... ...

Yes this is something that will come out in future. It's something that we will also need for the BrewBuilt fermenters too so we will definitely have a solution available on the website soon.

Hi @KegLand-com-au I noticed the new false bottom you released looks like the design could double as a bit of a trub catcher on the bottom after a whirlpool. I've been trying to keep more of the break etc out of my fermenter and this looks like it could work quite well. Did you guys notice any difference during testing? Do you have a seal somewhere in your range which could be added to the bottom cylinder to improve things?

I must say I am generally not that fussed about some hot break coming into the fermenter. The holes in this heavy duty false bottom are about 2mm diameter. The clearance between this false bottom and the cylindrical sides of the boiler is about 2mm or a bit less so I dont think a seal will help much at all as if the particle size is less than 2mm it will go through the holes anyway.

I personally find that the 2mm hole size is quite good as it blocks a large amount of the hops and a small amount of the hot break but large enough that you don't seem to get issues with it completely blocking up and not getting flow through the screen. As it works fairly well as a filter I would not bother doing a whirlpool in my opinion. I know this is a controversial topic and some people will disagree and say they always whirlpool but with this type of screen I think it's just a waste of time.

I must say I am generally not that fussed about some hot break coming into the fermenter. The holes in this heavy duty false bottom are about 2mm diameter. The clearance between this false bottom and the cylindrical sides of the boiler is about 2mm or a bit less so I dont think a seal will help much at all as if the particle size is less than 2mm it will go through the holes anyway.

I personally find that the 2mm hole size is quite good as it blocks a large amount of the hops and a small amount of the hot break but large enough that you don't seem to get issues with it completely blocking up and not getting flow through the screen. As it works fairly well as a filter I would not bother doing a whirlpool in my opinion. I know this is a controversial topic and some people will disagree and say they always whirlpool but with this type of screen I think it's just a waste of time.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Understood break in the fermenter is one of those controversial topics!
I probably didn't describe my thoughts all that well.
1655162895714.png

My thinking was if you put a seal on this bottom edge it would mean that once you whirlpool anything that drops through the top would end up in this inner cylinder. With the outlet being outside this cylinder (on my brewzilla at least) the wort would then get double filtered before I pump it into my fermenter. Essentially a trub trapper with a lid! You could even go a finer mesh on the vertical section to make it really filter-y!

Hey Meddo. It was a couple years ago when you asked for the FermZilla tri-clover dump valve. It's taken loads of R&D to do this but we have finally got to the finish line and made the FermZilla with tri-clover base. This is a very exciting development as some customers in the past have found the double nut assembly at the bottom of the conical fermzilla complicated, can get jammed if it gets overtightened.

After numerous requests from people like yourself to make the FermZilla bases tri-clover we have finally done this and released the FermZilla Tri-Conical. This is a really cool product and is very very simple to take apart and clean making it more sanitary.

fermzilla_tri-conical_base.jpg

fermzilla_tri-conical_base_with_clamp.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy using this new fermenter. The dump valve is quite a large 3" dump valve and the hops and heast easily just fall straight down this hole.

Hey mate, been on a brewing hiatus for 12 months so just got to this - looks really neat. Seems to be a better solution than the blue team's with the ferrule part of the body, rather than a screw on attachment. Keen to check it out when the little ones come back in stock - any ETA?

The one part that I'd love you to make/provide - which I've raised a few times before - is an adaptor from the PCO1881 threads on these units to 5/8" to match the K-Lok and equivalent fittings. I haven't had a ball-lock fitting in my brewery for years and would find this device much more useful if I could use an adaptor to fit the "K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female" part to the lid especially, but also a lot of your other items that are utilising that PCO1881 thread (fermentation fridge, keg fridge, etc.). All I'm looking for please is an equivalent of the adaptor below, but with the female PCO1881 thread instead of the female 19/32 corny post thread.

Cheers,

5/8 Male x 19/32 Female (K-Lok to Corny Keg Adaptor)
1655189954253.png

K-Lok Female x 5/8 Female
1655189921766.png

We dont really have enough parts at the moment to satisfy the current demand for the whole FermZilla Tri-Conical units and we are struggling to make enough stock as it is right now. With that said once we get more parts it should be possible for us to make upgrade kits. The parts you would need in the upgrade kit would be:

1. New Tri-clover tank
2. Tri-clamp (3inch and 2inch)
3. Butterfly valve
4. Tri clover lid for collection container
5. Few seals

As soon as we have more spare parts we will put this online as a bundle so you can purchase the upgrade kit
Just wondering if the spare part situation has improved so that the upgrade kit might be a possibility?

So whats going on with the Hop Bong @KegLand-com-au ?

Out of stock. A formidable poster on the Coopers forum starts a thread he got one, two days later i want to buy one out of stock again.
I feel like a poor kid missing out at Christmas. Cmon, get enough stock in to involve everyone.

So whats going on with the Hop Bong @KegLand-com-au ?

Out of stock. A formidable poster on the Coopers forum starts a thread he got one, two days later i want to buy one out of stock again.
I feel like a poor kid missing out at Christmas. Cmon, get enough stock in to involve everyone.
You probably shouldn't have waited 2 days

You probably shouldn't have waited 2 days

lets be fair mate, he most likely didnt know about the hop bong until that formidable poster mentioned the hop bong and didnt see the post until 2 days after

Back