Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you find this info? I spoke to them this morning and they said it should be released today (or the site updated). Does the left hand know what the right is doing with this one?

they put a update on facebook this morning saying :

35L BrewZilla Gen4 have arrived.
We are in the process of upgrading the firmware with some awesome updates that we feel will boost the brewing experience.
Once this has been completed they will be made available for sale.
Due to covid hitting KegLand pretty hard we are playing catch up with the update.
Online ETA: When it's read
y
🙂

that was from Oli on the kegland community group

Nice, might also save a little bit of power as well, might be negligible but everything counts.

Also are you working on Android and iOS RAPT apps?

Yes we already have android and iOS apps that are in the approval process at the moment so hopefully these are not too far away from being live and downloadable

SS Fermzilla? Interesting. How will that differ from a Kegmenter and a few triclover attachments? I’m close to needing a larger fermenter and was eyeing the 50(ish) litre kegmenter.

We do not have a release date for the FermZilla SS yet but if I was going to take a bit of a guess this will be second half of 2022. When comparing this to the Kegmenter the main differences are:

Kegmenter
- can hold more pressure
- had no dump valve or collection container
- is made from thicker stainless steel (.2mm-1.5mm)
- has smaller opening so some would say a bit harder to clean. Only 4inch tri-clover opening at the top
- compact as it doesnt have a cone and stand

Fermzilla SS
- Can hold less pressure (max 1bar)
- has large 3" butterfly dump valve
- includes a collection container
- made from lighter/thinner material (about 0.9mm)
- has large opening at the top that is the full diameter of the lid and the lid as an additiona 4" tri-clover opening
- More options with connecting other tri-clover parts to the fermenter such as the hop bong etc.

We are in the process of upgrading the firmware with some awesome updates that we feel will boost the brewing experience.
Due to covid hitting KegLand pretty hard we are playing catch up with the update.
y
🙂

Yes sorry about the BrewZilla Gen 4 delay. We have had quite a few staff get Covid in the last couple of weeks so we are struggling to keep ontop of things but hopefully we get most of our staff back next week. This has cause a bit of a delay in flashing all the latest firmware onto the BrewZilla gen 4. I am also a bit worried that we have significantly more people on the "email me when back in stock list" than we actually have stock available. So I can see the stock selling out quite fast for this product.

@KegLand-com-au - Did this or the Alibaba version suggested ever go anywhere? Would be great to have a local solution. I find the most fiddly/time consuming part of my brew day is around disasembling the ball valves and 25W pump head (which I'm keen to grab the TC conversion when back in stock).

We did consider this but when this came up in the design team meeting we all agreed that ball valves are just not a very sanitary type of valve and really just replacing the ball valve with a proper butterfly valve is the way to go. Ball valves have the problem that you end up with a cavity around the ball and it's just impossible to prevent liquid from getting into this area.

Hi KegLand,
It has been claimed in a comment in this thread,
Mould!
(see post #7)
that KegLand’s ‘Super Kill Ethyl Sanitiser Spray 1000mL (Ethanol, Alcohol)’ bottle spray product can leave behind a bad tasting residue on brew gear. Would you like to respond to the claim?
Cheers and thanks.
1647480542638.png

y
🙂

Any idea when it will be available in the UK

Hi Kegland,
Will there be a brewzilla gen 4 controller upgrade for the 3.1.1 As was done in the past?

We did consider this but when this came up in the design team meeting we all agreed that ball valves are just not a very sanitary type of valve and really just replacing the ball valve with a proper butterfly valve is the way to go. Ball valves have the problem that you end up with a cavity around the ball and it's just impossible to prevent liquid from getting into this area.

Fair enough, although the point of this design is to allow fast disassembly to thoroughly clean the individual components (not CIP).

Does the BZ gen 4 use buttefly valves to support the CIP features?

Thanks for the reply!

Edit... They're all gone.

Still there my phone is being stupid.

Last edited:
We do not have a release date for the FermZilla SS yet but if I was going to take a bit of a guess this will be second half of 2022. When comparing this to the Kegmenter the main differences are:

Kegmenter
- can hold more pressure
- had no dump valve or collection container
- is made from thicker stainless steel (.2mm-1.5mm)
- has smaller opening so some would say a bit harder to clean. Only 4inch tri-clover opening at the top
- compact as it doesnt have a cone and stand

Fermzilla SS
- Can hold less pressure (max 1bar)
- has large 3" butterfly dump valve
- includes a collection container
- made from lighter/thinner material (about 0.9mm)
- has large opening at the top that is the full diameter of the lid and the lid as an additiona 4" tri-clover opening
- More options with connecting other tri-clover parts to the fermenter such as the hop bong etc.

What sizes will there be available for the Fermzilla SS? I've just purchased 2 x 118L Kegmenters but like the sound of the extras on the Fermzilla...

Latest posts

Back