Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about if for customers who have purchased the older design we offer a period whereby we give a discount for an upgrade kit so customers can upgrade from the old one to the new tri-conical design?

Hi @KegLand-com-au - Any more thoughts on this upgrade kit? Love the easy breakdown for cleaning of the new design, but I've got a couple of existing tanks & kits that make it hard to justify completely new sets...

hoppy i believe the 100l will be needing 3 phase when its released from what i gather

The 100L brewzilla will require 32amp socket single phase or alternatively 10amp three phase. So that means a single phase socket that looks like this if you only have single phase at your house:

https://www.tradezone.com.au/produc...ns-industrial-switched-outlet-grey-27330.html

or alternatively a socket like this if you go wit the three phase option(you will need 5 pin type):
Grey | Switched Socket Outlet, 500V, 10A, 5 Round PIN, IP66, 1 Pole

What sizes will there be available for the Fermzilla SS? I've just purchased 2 x 118L Kegmenters but like the sound of the extras on the Fermzilla...

For the FermZilla SS we will be making a single batch 25-30L and another double batch unit that is 50-55L size too. We have no plans to make any FermZilla SS units that are larger than this in the near future.

The 100L brewzilla will require 32amp socket single phase or alternatively 10amp three phase. So that means a single phase socket that looks like this if you only have single phase at your house:

https://www.tradezone.com.au/produc...ns-industrial-switched-outlet-grey-27330.html

or alternatively a socket like this if you go wit the three phase option(you will need 5 pin type):
Grey | Switched Socket Outlet, 500V, 10A, 5 Round PIN, IP66, 1 Pole

Thanks for that info

Fair enough, although the point of this design is to allow fast disassembly to thoroughly clean the individual components (not CIP).

Does the BZ gen 4 use buttefly valves to support the CIP features?

Thanks for the reply!

Touche. The BZ gen 4 uses a conventional ball valve but when we are talking about hot side it's not of such a large concern. I must say I was assuming you wanted these for cold side in your fermenter or something.

Any idea when it will be available in the UK

It's best to contact our distributors in UK as they will be able to give you a better estimaiton of when they will put the product on sale.

https://www.kegland.com.au/distributor
My guess wuold be that stock will start to turn up in Europe in about June/July this year.

Hi @KegLand-com-au - Any more thoughts on this upgrade kit? Love the easy breakdown for cleaning of the new design, but I've got a couple of existing tanks & kits that make it hard to justify completely new sets...

We dont really have enough parts at the moment to satisfy the current demand for the whole FermZilla Tri-Conical units and we are struggling to make enough stock as it is right now. With that said once we get more parts it should be possible for us to make upgrade kits. The parts you would need in the upgrade kit would be:

1. New Tri-clover tank
2. Tri-clamp (3inch and 2inch)
3. Butterfly valve
4. Tri clover lid for collection container
5. Few seals

As soon as we have more spare parts we will put this online as a bundle so you can purchase the upgrade kit

Hi Kegland,
Will there be a brewzilla gen 4 controller upgrade for the 3.1.1 As was done in the past?

This is a really complicated wiring job so I think it's best that you re-sell your 3.1.1 and then just purchase a whole new one.

Hi KegLand,
It has been claimed in a comment in this thread,
Mould!
(see post #7)
that KegLand’s ‘Super Kill Ethyl Sanitiser Spray 1000mL (Ethanol, Alcohol)’ bottle spray product can leave behind a bad tasting residue on brew gear. Would you like to respond to the claim?
Cheers and thanks.
View attachment 121897

This is not the case. The ethanol spray leaves no residual smell or taste which is why we use it.

No worries. Is there a reason you opted for the single phase industrial plug as opposed to a 32A GPO?
SGPO1_32_32amp_single_power_point_XL787_32WE.jpg

Hi @KegLand-com-au do you know the size of this o-ring for the drafto tapping head for your growlers? Aside from the fact the dip tube doesn't reach the bottom as it was cut too short from factory and the mfl barb seeming to wear into the plastic of the lid, the o-ring now seems to have perished.

I can resolve the other issues easily enough but would be great to find out the size and if the o-ring can be replaced. As it stands I can't use the attachment and it's been sitting around out of use since the one time I did get to test it out.

tapping head.png

For the FermZilla SS we will be making a single batch 25-30L and another double batch unit that is 50-55L size too. We have no plans to make any FermZilla SS units that are larger than this in the near future.

It would be good to get the double batch unit to fit the rapt fermentation fridge with accessories attached including the hop bong. I have my fingers crossed.

@KegLand-com-au

How come when buying the Tri-Conical pressure kit, it comes out nearly $10 cheaper (when accounting for the spunding kit costing $39.99, it's $19 atm, not too sure if this is an error) when buying all the components separately then in the kit itself. It sort of defeats the purpose of the kit.

@KegLand-com-au

I'm pretty new to homebrewing, and I wanted to make sure this wasn't a bad idea. I recently picked up a few of the 8l PET kegs/bottles and 1 tapping head, and I just wanted to get a sanity check on what I was planning to use them for and avoid any bottle bombs or anything. I was thinking of splitting a single batch between the 3, force carbing one as normal, and doing a 2nd fermentation with priming sugar with the other 2. Would it be alright to treat them as regular bottles and fill to within a few cm from the top, or would it be better to fill to 7l or so, squeeze the bottle so there's as little head space as possible and then cap, leaving stacks of room for the bottles to pressurise? I would then just swap the tapping head on and serve as a regular keg.

Also a more general question, if I rack to the bottles without force carbing or a 2nd fermentation and store at room temperature is that okay or best to avoid?

Anyone else feel free to chime in too, just thought this would be the best place for the question. :)

Back