Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. 1 more and we have a sack!
@KegLand-com-au you may be right on the overuse statement but it's 5g/L right? I generally capture my water that passes through the cfc chiller and use this to soak my kegs until I need them. So that would be 95g per 19L keg...

The PBW is made from 8 different ingredients in total. The best way to save money is do not use more than the stated concentration. For most domestic customers only a teaspoon is all you need so a 1kg tub that we sell should last a couple years. I think the main issue is we see people use way too much at a time and often pour 5 or 10 times what they need to get the job done. So this is also one of the best ways to save money. With that said if you guys really want to do a bulk buy we would be happy to facilitate

This is the amount I had assumed you use but the tub says to use 10g per litre for kettles and 5g/l for fermenters. So if you're soaking a 40l kettle or 30l fermenter you'd only get a couple of soaks per tub. Maybe an update to the usage rates in the packaging is needed given your rec'd above.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, what's the max temp rating of your Duotight fittings? Can they be used in an espresso machine (low pressure side on 8mm silicone tube)?

Cheers,

I think they're recommending that you don't soak - less liquid, more action.

Yes that is correct. Also we do use some surfactants in this product that hold the cleaner to the side walls. So you should not have to fill the whole vessel up to the top. Just a few liters. Give it a shake. Leave for about 5 minutes then shake again. Then empty the vessel out. This usually works quite well. If you find this too laborious then you can just get the Bucket Blaster.

Paddy - Yes the bucket plaster is safe to use on humans. I am assuming you have run out of toilet paper right?

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au you may be right on the overuse statement but it's 5g/L right? I generally capture my water that passes through the cfc chiller and use this to soak my kegs until I need them. So that would be 95g per 19L keg...

Ok guys I can see we are probably not going to win this discussion and multiple of you guys want to buy in bulk. So we are going to do a really quick sale just for you guys on AHB. This is not promoted anywhere else. It's a sale purely to keep you guys on the forum happy who need bulk STELLARCLEAN PBW. So from right now until 26th March we are going to give you a huge 50% discount on this product. This is a once off sale and only if you purchase a box (16 x 1kg tubs).

Conditions:
* Must purchase from now until the 26th March
* Must purchase full box
* Must use promo code "ABHPBW" on checkout

Do you have any plans to shut the warehouse?

Need to know if a yeast order/gas fill is in order :)

No we have no plans to shut the warehouse at this stage. Sales have been fairly high. I think customers are stocking up for the apocalypse and we will continue to stay open as long as we can.

We are trying to get customers to limit contact with us. So when you bring a cylinder into us you drop it off. We sanitise the handle pick the cylinder up, fill it and give back to you.

We have also tried to limit touching of door knobs and other surfaces, we will implement split shifts for order packing and encouraging customers to use the pickup lockers rather than pickup up goods face to face.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, what's the max temp rating of your Duotight fittings? Can they be used in an espresso machine (low pressure side on 8mm silicone tube)?

Cheers,

We have been using the duotight fittings up to 150psi here and we did pressure testing on them using our pressure testing rig and the fittings went up to 250psi (which is as high as our testing rig goes at the moment). I would assume an espresso machine would be at too high temperature though and this might be the issue.

Just for experimentation only we used a duotight fitting to connect copper refrigeration lines together and charged the system with r600a and this also seemed to work. I am definitely not recommending this but we used the glycol chiller here and did not detect any leakage from the fitting.

Also silicone tube is not recommended in any push in fittings so you would have to change to a different tubing.

Concentration is a difficult thing to specifically quote as concentration will need to increase as the level of soiling increases. So all we can do is give you a rule of thumb. It's not necessary to fill the vessel full as previously mentioned however your concentration should be from 5 grams and up to about 15 grams per litre. If you give the pot or brewery a really quick rinse with water then you will probably find the 5 grams per litre will be plenty.

Ok guys I can see we are probably not going to win this discussion and multiple of you guys want to buy in bulk. So we are going to do a really quick sale just for you guys on AHB. This is not promoted anywhere else. It's a sale purely to keep you guys on the forum happy who need bulk STELLARCLEAN PBW. So from right now until 26th March we are going to give you a huge 50% discount on this product. This is a once off sale and only if you purchase a box (16 x 1kg tubs).

Conditions:
* Must purchase full box

Attempt to buy and says code not valid!

What are the thoughts of Stellarsan as a hand sanitiser? Does anyone have any information on haw long Stellarsan (or starsan) remains effective in an open air environment such as in a 2-3L bowl? Also, would this sanitiser have any effect on viral strains such as COVID-19? With the shortage of proper hand sanitiser, is a bowl of brewing sanitiser a viable option to rinse your hands every time you walk past?

What are the thoughts of Stellarsan as a hand sanitiser? Does anyone have any information on haw long Stellarsan (or starsan) remains effective in an open air environment such as in a 2-3L bowl? Also, would this sanitiser have any effect on viral strains such as COVID-19? With the shortage of proper hand sanitiser, is a bowl of brewing sanitiser a viable option to rinse your hands every time you walk past?
Don't go rubbing acid on your hands you should really be wearing gloves, use the alcohol sanitiser from the home brew shops (if they have any)

Conditions:
* Must purchase full box

Fair play guys! Much appreciated. I can now overdose (on pbw) until my hearts content!

Hey
No we have no plans to shut the warehouse at this stage. Sales have been fairly high. I think customers are stocking up for the apocalypse and we will continue to stay open as long as we can.

We are trying to get customers to limit contact with us. So when you bring a cylinder into us you drop it off. We sanitise the handle pick the cylinder up, fill it and give back to you.

We have also tried to limit touching of door knobs and other surfaces, we will implement split shifts for order packing and encouraging customers to use the pickup lockers rather than pickup up goods face to face.

Hey got a friend out of work if you need anymore hands

Back