Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au when will the flat bottom fermzilla be available and are you going to sell it stand alone? Looks like you have it listed as a kit, I don't need any more of all the extras!

Thanks for the heads up. We will get that uploaded for you. In the meantime do you have a specific question and we can give you the answers now if you like.
Any luck with this? I'm just after general usage instructions really, nothing specific.

Same.. Is this the same problem with the chiller coil? Im not worried.. Ill grab one today :)

Yes both this product:
https://www.kegland.com.au/60cm-thermowell-1-4inch-duotight-bulkhead-included.html

and this product:
https://www.kegland.com.au/temp-twi...zilla-or-kegmenter-with-a-glycol-chiller.html

These were both specified with acetal nuts in the beginning but after longer testing we found these nuts not to be a good idea so the nuts on both of these items are getting changed over to stainless before the products are released. Sorry about the wait. I know you guys are keen to get them but it's really not much longer and then we can supply you the proper product finished correctly so it's really best just to wait a little longer.

Will you sell them without the nut? Let us source our own? I cant imagine it takes almost a month to get some stainless nuts in

They are all getting re-packaged then once they are re-packaged they will be dispatched from China.

Oh. So you knew long ago you were going to miss the date advertised?
Getting a bit annoying how you string people along

The goods were just about to be dispatched and the decision was recently made to change the plastic nuts for stainless nuts. This is the reason why the date was pushed back. The updates to the dates on the website are only done once management has come to a firm conclusion.

Our objectives are aligned with yours as a customer. We want to get product released as soon as possible as it's the only way we get paid. So we always try to meet the fastest possibly time frame to market. With that said if we feel that a product can be improved or is not good enough we will have no hesitation to delay a release and it's in the customers interests for us to do this.

KegLand has released more new product than any other home brew distributor in Australia that I am aware of and even though we sometimes delay a product release I think we also have quite a long string of innovative products that work great and make better brewing better beer easier.

So for customers that have been waiting for the Temp Twisters and Thermowell we apologise that these have taken longer than expected but hopefully you can be content knowing that good things come to all who wait.

Fair enough but the date was changed on the date it was due. If they never left China that decision was made much earlier.
For those of us living on the other side of the country, shipping on small orders is a killer. We wait to get a decent order together to pay a reasonable amount. Then dates get pushed and the whole exercise was a pointless waste of time.
I guess I'll get the rest of my order elsewhere

Fair enough but the date was changed on the date it was due. If they never left China that decision was made much earlier.
For those of us living on the other side of the country, shipping on small orders is a killer. We wait to get a decent order together to pay a reasonable amount. Then dates get pushed and the whole exercise was a pointless waste of time.
I guess I'll get the rest of my order elsewhere

The issue is we did not know what the new arrival date was though. So we were not sure what to update the website with. We didn't really want to update the website twice so the decision was made to wait until the arrival date was determined and then the website was updated accordingly.

The right thing to do was cancel the date and put tba or similar. The way you did it was misleading at the least and very probably against consumer laws. Being honest tends to be better for business

@KegLand-com-au
Consider posting unknown dates as Q3, Q4 etc. Keep us guessing. You'd have less of your customers replying with a case of the IBU's.

Last edited:
@KegLand-com-au when will the flat bottom fermzilla be available and are you going to sell it stand alone? Looks like you have it listed as a kit, I don't need any more of all the extras!
Are you wanting to ferment under pressure?
If so the flat bottom is no good for that there going to release a domed bottom at some stage that can hold pressure but no idea when its coming. I have asked several times on here and on kl fb page and cant get an answer

I think KL already released the All Rounder
If so the flat bottom is no good for that there going to release a domed bottom at some stage that can hold pressure but no idea when its coming. I have asked several times on here and on kl fb page and cant get an answer

Could you please include the dimensions for the all-rounder and flat bottom in your online description?

Nah don't want to pressure ferment. Really just want the flat bottom for long term sour beer storage. Having said that 30litres is probably to big anyway. I also can't get a response to anything i ask in this thread, which is annoying as i actually prefer their products over keg kings,

Back