Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day @KegLand-com-au

Just got back from a mate's place, had a look at his shiny new regulator while I was there. I've watched your video about it previously, and in it you demonstrate a folded stainless steel bump guard (sold separately). On the side of the cardboard box, you promote the same bump guard (part code: KL07368).

But nowhere on your website, nor indeed anywhere on the whole interweb can I find any other mention of such a thing. Are you still planning on making these available? And if you are, when? And for how much?

G'day @KegLand-com-au

Just got back from a mate's place, had a look at his shiny new regulator while I was there. I've watched your video about it previously, and in it you demonstrate a folded stainless steel bump guard (sold separately). On the side of the cardboard box, you promote the same bump guard (part code: KL07368).

But nowhere on your website, nor indeed anywhere on the whole interweb can I find any other mention of such a thing. Are you still planning on making these available? And if you are, when? And for how much?

Literally one of the first results when searching "bump guard" on their site:
https://www.kegland.com.au/mkiii-regulator-bump-guard.html

With the Intertap faucets on here you mentioned a rating for how much they could drop the pressure from the keg, what would your new flow control disconnects be able to drop it by, is it the same or greater (I appreciate there should be less turbulence involved regardless)?

Hi @KegLand-com-au,

Any chance you'll be getting a 1/2 inch knockout punch in? (or does anyone know where to get one for a reasonable price?)
Looking to build a 3V system and this looks like the cleanest way to do all of the holes.

Use a carbonation cap, a bit of beer line, and a push-in pressure gauge to make yourself a gadget that can display line pressure. Turn the regulator to its lowest pressure, attach the gadget to your gas disconnect, and turn up the pressure until you reach the desired level. Voila.

Or, if you want a permanent display like a real regulator, add a tee fitting after the regulator and attach the pressure gauge there.
theSeekerr - parts arrived today from a Kegland and I did exactly as you said, I didn’t like the idea of the pressure gauge inside the kegerator so I set the regulator the way you described and it works that well I might consider ordering a few more!
Cheers mate & thx Kegland!

Hi Kegland,

I think the description for the solenoid valve (KL09478) needs updating. The allowable pressure on the unit's sticker is different to the item description.

I like the look of the check valve gas disconnect. Might have to grab one on my next order.

cheers.

Thanks for that. We have just updated that product. Thanks for letting us know. This is a direct acting solenoid valve so it's able to control the flow right down to 0psi. We are going to use this particular solenoid valve in some new gas monitoring and flow control stuff that we are working on which is the reason why we are stocking it at the moment.

Unfortunately these check valves are out of stock at the moment:
https://www.kegland.com.au/premium-...mfl-grey-gas-with-integrated-check-valve.html
We should have these in stock in about 2 weeks. We did not invent this part and the same product is sold by other manufacturers at 2-3 times the price. So at $9.95 this check valve is really good value.

Good to see the "newest products" section is a little bigger.

Would be great if I could click on that heading and redirect me to a page with the last 100 products added or the products listed in the last 30 days.

No worries. We will have a chat to our developer about this. He was suggesting that we click a link to take you to a completely new page that shows all the new products. Do you think that would work for you?

@KegLand-com-au can you please let me know how I would set this product https://www.kegland.com.au/in-line-regulator.html up in my kegerator? How can you tell how many bars of pressure you're setting on this fitting?

I would like to be able to run different pressures to different kegs from the one cylinder so that beers with different carb lvels, like stouts, ales and saisons for example, can all be carbed to their correct levels. At the moment, I have to disconnect and individually set pressures on each keg, then leave pressure set to suit the keg with the lowest carb level, which is a PITA.

I really recommend this inexpensive regulator. I generally have a high pressure line that comes into the back of my kegerator that I use either for high pressure or use for carbonating etc then go through this inexpensive regulator and tee off to other gas lines for dispensing. As I rarely change my dispense pressure for most beers there is no real need for a pressure gauge. If you did want to use a push in pressure gauge and a tee piece you can get a pressure reading but I really don't think this is important. There are several ways you can set the pressure using your CO2 regulator.

One method is to just set it approximately then hook up a keg so the head space is filled up with pressure. Then remove the ball lock fitting connected to the inline regulator then clip on the ball lock connector that is hooked up to your normal regulator (primary regulator) then you can get a pressure reading. Then you can adjust the ball regulator up or down accordingly and repeat the process.

Another way to do it is to fill a keg to the desired pressure that you want to set the inline regulator to. Then hook this keg up to the inlet side of the inline regulator. Then get some tube from the inline regulator output and dangle this into a cup of water. Gradually increase the pressure on the inline regulator until you see bubbles come out of the end of the tube in water and that will mean you have set the regulator to the pressure that you have charged the keg with.

I am sure there is many other ways to do it but this is just a couple.

Where can i safely drill through the back of a Series 4 kegerator? I'd like to run some extra water lines though the back of mine for a jacket cooled fermenter. I'm guessing near the existing gas line hole would probably be the safest bet?

Also i'm thinking of adding some secondary regulators internally at some point and likewise would like to know where is and isn't safe to screw into on the sides/back.

You have a couple options. To minimise the hole size you can use this type of 1/4 inch water tubing. Then you can use the duotight reducers to reduce from 8mm to this smaller size so the two lines get through the existing hole in your fridge then step the tubing back up again to 8mm.

Alternatively if you drill pretty much anywhere on the back of the fridge this will be fine too. (but please do not drill through the white aluminium evaporator plate. I assume this is obvious). If you guys ever are nervous about where to drill through your fridge I would recommend that you get a piece of metal, heat it up with a flame then melt your way from the inside of the fridge to the outside sheet metal. Once you have got to the sheet metal you can be sure you have not hit any of the copper refrigeration lines. This is the safest way to drill through any fridge wall if you are unaware of what is behind the wall.

The sides of these kegerators are not safe to drill through as they contain the copper refrigeration lines. So I would avoid drilling through the sides if possible. Also over the top of the fridge we have one copper refrigeration line joining the two sides. So i would avoid drilling through the top unless you use the heated metal method as I have mentioned above.

theSeekerr - parts arrived today from a Kegland and I did exactly as you said, I didn’t like the idea of the pressure gauge inside the kegerator so I set the regulator the way you described and it works that well I might consider ordering a few more!
Cheers mate & thx Kegland!

Yeah these are actually good for mains water pressure too. So on my sink I have attached a ball lock post on the sink like this:
IMG_20190130_122355.jpg

Then under the sink i use an inline regulator to reduce the pressure to about 20psi. This is really handy for filling up kegs. cleaning our beer lines etc.

G'day @KegLand-com-au

Firstly I should say that the new MK4 regulators have thicker steel in the gauges in the first place so you should find the gauges to be more resistant to physical damage. With that said we have been meaning to release the new laser cut bump guards but we have been making some last minute changes first. The clearance around the guages was a bit too tight so we have changed the design of this product slightly but as a result new punches needed to get made up. The bump guards will not be expensive. Probably about $20 and they will be made from stainless steel.

The Duotight descriptions kinds confuse me - is there a duotight to reduce a 12mm line (which fits over the plastic fermenter taps) down to 8mm od size? Or alternatively 12mm to a ffl (to screw onto a disconnect)?

Also, website wise, a 'remember me' button might be worthwhile including.

Thanks!

Yeah these are actually good for mains water pressure too. So on my sink I have attached a ball lock post on the sink like this:
IMG_20190130_122355.jpg

Then under the sink i use an inline regulator to reduce the pressure to about 20psi. This is really handy for filling up kegs. cleaning our beer lines etc.

You can't leave it at this! More pictures and description please. That's cruel

Can't add the Oxygenation Kit to cart - there's no add to cart button on the product page and clicking the button on the search page just takes the user to the product page and asks them to specify quantities. No wand available independent of kit?

Latest posts

Back