Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the stainless teeth grab onto the line they it makes it harder to remove. Also if the line is pulled the stainless teeth in the collar grab even harder. So as peteru has suggested if you twist the line as your remove it this will help.

I should also say that we have two tools that will assist removing the line from these fittings. Historically we used to sell this 5 in 1 tap tool that looks like this. Now we have the new 7 in 1 tool has just been finished and this will make it a lot easier to hold the collar back. The new punch for this tool just got finished.

The image below shows you how to use the tool:
kl07672_-_7_in_1_faucet_tap_spanner_wrench_tool_duotight_remover.jpg

Urrrggghhh I just ordered the 5 in 1 two days ago lol

I highly reccomend the submerge test. Hook teh spunding valve up to a regulator and then dunk it in a sink full fo water. If there are leaks you will see them.

Just did this in my new keezer gas system and found 3 separate leaks.

Yes would recommend this as well. The gauge itself cannot be submersed but everything else in this blowtie kit can be put under water. As a result it should be very easy to identify even a very slow leak once the gear is put under water.

I feel like you guys have been hoisted on your own petard right here
You introduced your original lines at such cheap prices (we shan't discuss the politics of that...), most people don't want to pay a premium when you introduce a new, higher quality product
It's a pity because you are turning out some great new products that I believe are worth the extra coin

Yes it's a difficult balancing act trying to get the best quality product to market while still meeting customers price expectations.

I believe we run a very efficient business that enables us to have very tight margins but at the end of the day we also want to continue to put money and time into constant product development that simply costs money.

Regret waiting over the weekend to make an order. Last few complaints, I promise:

8mm Duotight Check / Non-Return Valve says In Stock on menu page, Out of Stock on product page.

Fun glitch/website dev:
https://www.kegland.com.au/grain-bill-maker.html
click on the link to Malt by the Kilo, takes you to the Keg King website...
It's not a finished webpage, but it is public.

Our web designer made this code and for testing he put that link in there. Now been fixed up. I am surprised that you have found this page. This page is not actually live yet but it seems that google has indexed it already.

The all grain recipe builder should be finished soon.

Our web designer made this code and for testing he put that link in there. Now been fixed up. I am surprised that you have found this page. This page is not actually live yet but it seems that google has indexed it already.

The all grain recipe builder should be finished soon.
I take it your designer is a recent uni graduate?
Anyone with a decent amount of business/UX design experience knows you NEVER put something into your production environment until it's done
If a user can find it or break it, they WILL find it and they WILL break it, no matter how hidden you think it is

Hey Kegland!

Any chance of having the 'Newest Item' section linked to a page which lists all of the newest items in chronological order? I love to see what's new but how will I know what I now need after I look at the first 4 items? :p

Hi,

I just got an email saying that the flow control ball lock disconnects are in stock but when I go the website it still says out of stock and due for restocking tomorrow (Nov 30). What's going on?

Thanks,
Tom

I take it your designer is a recent uni graduate?
Anyone with a decent amount of business/UX design experience knows you NEVER put something into your production environment until it's done
If a user can find it or break it, they WILL find it and they WILL break it, no matter how hidden you think it is

I am picking up a fair bit of animosity towards Kegland from you @sp0rk... maybe give it a rest!? they are having a crack at running a business which ultimately helps our common hobby & community by sponsoring the forum also. Just chill out.

Any chance of thinner taller Kegmenters? Alot of us cant find fridges wide enough for 2x 35+cm vessels, 28-30cm would be perfect.

Went to KL today and had a question why my sodastream adapter didnt seem to be able to fill the bottles.
The dudes in the store were more than happy to look into it for me, and diagnosed the problem quickly. (dont over tighten the adaptor is the answer).

Anyway, that was a very pleasant experience. Thanks guys.

8mm Duotight Check / Non-Return Valve says In Stock on menu page, Out of Stock on product page.

Would love an update on this ^above^, and you're not listing lactic acid any more (or haven't yet)?

Description from Phosphoric acid page: "...This formula is also great at adjusting the pH of Sparge water and your Mash pH. If you prefer to use the traditional pH adjusting ingredients we would suggest Acidulated Malt or our Lactic Acid 88%."

Description from Cleaning and Packaging page (heading): "KegLand supplies a full range of cleaning gear such as StarSan, Stellarsan, PBW, Powdered brewing wash, Phosphoric acid, Lactic Acid and all sorts of chemical agents."

Sorry if I am being redundant but I'm not in the mood to read back thru 63 pages..when will the new fermentasaurus' drop? Have they already dropped? I did follow KL on FB but I deleted my account a few months back.

Yes would recommend this as well. The gauge itself cannot be submersed but everything else in this blowtie kit can be put under water. As a result it should be very easy to identify even a very slow leak once the gear is put under water.

I did a submersion test on the disconnect, the blowtie and everything else, except the gauge. Could not find any leaks that way. It was brewday yesterday and the kegmenter got it's first use. I didn't have enough time to test the kegmenter thoroughly, but I did do a pressure fade test on the blowtie kit itself.

I pressurised the blowtie kit (disconnect, t-piece, gauge and blowtie) to 100kPa and left it to sit without being connected to anything. Over a period of 20 hours, the pressure on the gauge has slowly dropped to 50kPa. Not ideal, but given the small volume of gas in the system, it's not a problem for it's intended use - spunding valve in the final stages of fermentation.

The leak rate I experienced overnight with the kegmenter connected has been much greater. The entire kegmenter went from 10psi to 0psi in less than 8 hours. Obviously that is a large amount of gas when compared to the blowtie kit alone. That would be no good for carbonation. Fingers crossed, the first ferment will go OK and once done I can investigate more. Perhaps even do a submersion test on the kegmenter itself. A close inspection of the lid showed a darkish spot on one part of the post weld. Perhaps it's a pinhole.

Once the stainless teeth grab onto the line they it makes it harder to remove. Also if the line is pulled the stainless teeth in the collar grab even harder. So as peteru has suggested if you twist the line as your remove it this will help.

Yep, it's hard with the plastic line, but doable if you push down the collar clip firmly with a tool. Plastic is relatively soft, so with enough force and twisting, you'll butcher the line but will get it out. However, in this instance the combo of brass stem and stainless teeth, together with a square profile locking groove in the stem, make it a "permanent" connection. :-(

I should also say that we have two tools that will assist removing the line from these fittings. Historically we used to sell this 5 in 1 tap tool that looks like this. Now we have the new 7 in 1 tool has just been finished and this will make it a lot easier to hold the collar back. The new punch for this tool just got finished.

The image below shows you how to use the tool:
kl07672_-_7_in_1_faucet_tap_spanner_wrench_tool_duotight_remover.jpg

I built a steel tool that has a 8mm U shaped slot, which allows me to do almost exactly the same thing. It didn't help.

Can I suggest that if you ever get a chance to make modifications for future manufacturing runs of the gauge, that you make the locking groove on the gauge stem a more rounded profile, rather than a square. Just enough to be able to coax it out, even if the steel teeth are tight and won't open fully.

I am picking up a fair bit of animosity towards Kegland from you @sp0rk... maybe give it a rest!? they are having a crack at running a business which ultimately helps our common hobby & community by sponsoring the forum also. Just chill out.
Holy crap that's hilarious
How about before you come on here after 4 days and throw your weight around, you have a good read about their behaviour here
Also, as someone who worked in database and website development for nearly a decade, I feel pretty qualified to make that comment
Did you miss my earlier praise for their innovative new products?

Holy crap that's hilarious
How about before you come on here after 4 days and throw your weight around, you have a good read about their behaviour here
Also, as someone who worked in database and website development for nearly a decade, I feel pretty qualified to make that comment
Did you miss my earlier praise for their innovative new products?

Yep, I have only been a member four days your right... still, seen plenty of you having a crack at them. Just my observation.

Yep, I have only been a member four days your right... still, seen plenty of you having a crack at them. Just my observation.
They ignore the rules of the forum repeatedly and feign ignorance when called out on it, the mod team is pretty thin on the ground these days so no one is enforcing the rules
To their credit they have stopped doing it as much as before

Lotta context in this @TheBeerBaron. Messy, messy context.
You don't need to participate in the drama but be aware that it exists for a reason.

I'll agree I've (and others too) been harsh on them, but it seems to have been taken on board and they are starting to play ball
Hopefully it'll all be water under the bridge soon

Latest posts

Back