Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably not something that we will make in the near future. I am assuming that you want to use the two different lines into the fridge as you want to have two different pressures? Is that correct?

To be honest a really easy way to get two different pressures in the fridge is to just put one higher pressure into the fridge then use these really inexpensive inline regualtors to step the pressure down:
https://www.kegland.com.au/in-line-regulator.html

And you can also use this type of pressure gauge to get a reading inside the fridge too:
https://www.kegland.com.au/8mm-5-16-push-in-pressure-gauge-0-40psi.html

These parts are really cheap and they work well.
Ended up getting all the parts today. First bought off banggood that took 1 month to receive an empty bag that wasted a month and frustration.
It took 3 1/2 weeks from aliexpress to get the parts and just thought I'd share for anyone interested.
The copper pass through is least intrusive to the fridge seal but can still supply enough pouring pressure.I'm thinking of taping it to the fridge door face to keep it tight but so far it doesn't seem to need it every time i open to inspect.
old post pics.
https://imgur.com/a/EOeyGup

finished project pics.
https://imgur.com/a/21W9Sll

Don't forget to ask them about "displaying all" on each page, clicking back and forth is a pain and customers are likely to miss products.

Yes this is in the que of things to get done. We probably will not have a view all but we will increase it to maybe 96 or slightly over 100 products.

5% off for orders over $200?

Also, if I have orders in my cart (while logged in), I can currently login on a different computer and see the same cart. Not sure if that's helpful.

Might be good for kegmenters too if you can get one of their diptube floats through the neck of the keg

Yes you can. The float is just small enough that it will just fit into the neck of the 50L kegs. It's very close but it just fits.

Ended up getting all the parts today. First bought off banggood that took 1 month to receive an empty bag that wasted a month and frustration.
It took 3 1/2 weeks from aliexpress to get the parts and just thought I'd share for anyone interested.
The copper pass through is least intrusive to the fridge seal but can still supply enough pouring pressure.I'm thinking of taping it to the fridge door face to keep it tight but so far it doesn't seem to need it every time i open to inspect.
old post pics.
https://imgur.com/a/EOeyGup

finished project pics.
https://imgur.com/a/21W9Sll

Nice work. Looks like you have gone to considerable lengths to avoid drilling holes in your fridge.

I should also say that a bit of a hack that you might be interested in is getting some of the EVABarrier tubing then if you get two people and stretch this tubing the diameter will shrink down to less than half. So the beer line will shrink from 8mm OD to about 3-4mm OD. this means the beer line will more easily fit into the fridge door jam without losing too much cold air over the door seal.

ON A SIDE NOTE - This beer line hack can also be used for:
This technique can also be used to give your system more flow resistance without getting a flow control tap. So if you want to have a poor mans flow control tap then you can:
1. Get 20cm of the EVABarrier tubing
2. Put a bronco tap on one end and a ball lock disconnect on the other end
3. Then get two people and stretch the 20cm into about 40cm. You will notice the ID of the line will decrease from 5mm and to about 2.5mm and give you extreme flow resistance.
4. This will make the words cheapest tap assembly with a 'flow control'.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the copper tube bend you have done and this is a neat assembly and well crafted solution. Keep up the good work! Just wanted to also let people know about some beer line tricks they can use to achieve a less elegant result on a budget.

Nice work. Looks like you have gone to considerable lengths to avoid drilling holes in your fridge.

I should also say that a bit of a hack that you might be interested in is getting some of the EVABarrier tubing then if you get two people and stretch this tubing the diameter will shrink down to less than half. So the beer line will shrink from 8mm OD to about 3-4mm OD. this means the beer line will more easily fit into the fridge door jam without losing too much cold air over the door seal.

ON A SIDE NOTE - This beer line hack can also be used for:
This technique can also be used to give your system more flow resistance without getting a flow control tap. So if you want to have a poor mans flow control tap then you can:
1. Get 20cm of the EVABarrier tubing
2. Put a bronco tap on one end and a ball lock disconnect on the other end
3. Then get two people and stretch the 20cm into about 40cm. You will notice the ID of the line will decrease from 5mm and to about 2.5mm and give you extreme flow resistance.
4. This will make the words cheapest tap assembly with a 'flow control'.

Don't get me wrong. I really like the copper tube bend you have done and this is a neat assembly and well crafted solution. Keep up the good work! Just wanted to also let people know about some beer line tricks they can use to achieve a less elegant result on a budget.
I would have rather used the Duo tight connections with a reducer to copper but unclear on the 7/16 MFL thread.
For reference is that 7/6 SAE JIC AN 37° or 45°.
The other problem was as soon as you want SAE JIC thread the price went up 4 fold +

Have the pouring pressure reducers came in for the Mini Keg - Ball Lock Tapping Head yet?

Any idea on an ETA of more stock of the 2L Mini Kegs?

Yes these should be in stock this week. We have a container arriving on 22nd Nov, and another one on the 23rd. I am not sure which container it's in but it's one of these.

I would have rather used the Duo tight connections with a reducer to copper but unclear on the 7/16 MFL thread.
For reference is that 7/6 SAE JIC AN 37° or 45°.
The other problem was as soon as you want SAE JIC thread the price went up 4 fold +

Have the pouring pressure reducers came in for the Mini Keg - Ball Lock Tapping Head yet?

Yes the 7/16 MFL is a bit confusing. The beer industry often uses this term but the same thread and flair is often also used in the 1/4 SAE standard.

What is really confusing is that some people describe the MFL thread as 1/4'' size but the actual thread is 7/16''-20TPI-UNF thread but with a flare. So it's quite confusing.

Do you mean the flow control disconnects? These are not in stock yet but they should be arriving in December. If you need a quick and cheap solution just do this to tie you over for a few bucks:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/ca...ier_tubing_on_poor_man_s_flow_control_tap.jpg
evabarrier_tubing_on_poor_man_s_flow_control_tap.jpg

Any update on the higher rating burst discs for the mini-reg? Mine 1800psi burst disc busted! I sent you an email about getting another, but no reply? Cheers

Latest posts

Back