Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went with these switches as they were more waterproof than the previous ones. So although we would never recommend getting liquid on any of the electrical switches these have proven to be more resistant to moisture and they have been the best switches that we have found.

We did do a lot of testing with elements and this was one of the reasons why the 65L Robobrew took so long to come out. One of the major advantages with the Robobrew 65L is the ultra low watt density. It's probably the lowest watt density out of any of the single vessel breweries in Australia. The first units that we made had exposed elements and this was the only way we could get the watt density low enough but it made cleaning harder. So eventually new tooling for the concealed element was made and a new ultra low watt density casting was manufactured for this brewery and this tool a lot of time and testing to get right.
Can you give an indication of how difficult it would be to replace the concealed elements if they were to fail?

Regulators are the opposite to taps. So what we mean by that is when you turn the regulator clockwise this would normally close the tap but with a regulator this means maximum pressure. I think you will find a +/- sign on the handle also showing this too. So it's best to start with the knob of the regulator out of the regulator then once you have it connected to the gas cyliner and the gas is turned on then gradually turn the knob clockwise to increase pressure.

The regulator knob was completely off. I believe it's an issue with the seat and seat cap assembly. I raised this issue through your website and they are sending a replacement part. Hopefully this fixes it

The top one is a counter pressure bottle filler
You flush the bottle with CO2, then pressurise, then fill under pressure by slowly bleeding off pressure
This is better for long term storage as a more sure fire method to avoid oxygenation
However it is a slower method

The bottom one is a bottle filling gun
you can still flush with CO2, but it isn't done under pressure, so it can lead to excessive foaming
It's a faster method, but does have a little bit more risk of oxygenation

I prefer the top one, I've got one that I bottled 200 grolsch flip top bottles for my wedding with (after filtering then force carbonating in kegs), took a full night of work with some mates helping me, but wasn't too bad really

You flush the bottle with CO2, then pressurise, then fill under pressure by slowly bleeding off pressure
This is better for long term storage as a more sure fire method to avoid oxygenation

you can still flush with CO2, but it isn't done under pressure, so it can lead to excessive foaming

I prefer the top one, I've got one that I bottled 200 grolsch flip top bottles for my wedding with (after filtering then force carbonating in kegs), took a full night of work with some mates helping me, but wasn't too bad really

Great thanks!

Can you give an indication of how difficult it would be to replace the concealed elements if they were to fail?

I should firstly say that out of the 10s of thousands of Robobrew units that have been sold we have heard of less than 10 elements that have burned out. In addition to this the Robobrew units so far have had much higher watt density. Even with the very small number of elements that have burned out they are almost always due to the elements being heated when the unit doesnt have liquid in the unit. So if you dont boil the unit dry you have nothing to worry about.

On the Robobrew 65L the watt density is significantly less (about half). As a result its even more difficult to burn out the elements from things like a boil dry event. With such low watt density the elements can be abused and boiled dry for some time before they fail.

So firstly I would say that the concern surrounding the elements burning out is not really something that is an issue. With that said in the very unlikly instance that you have burned out one of the three elements then it would be difficult to change the element. We would probably just send you a replacement boiler (without all the other components) for about $200. So this would probably be easier than trying to replace the element.

The regulator knob was completely off. I believe it's an issue with the seat and seat cap assembly. I raised this issue through your website and they are sending a replacement part. Hopefully this fixes it

Yes that sounds correct. If the regulator knob was out of the regulator then it's almost certainly contamination in the seat and seat cap assembly. Probbaly a small shaving of brass has got into this unit. They are easy to replace. Let us know if you need any assistance.

We have an instruction sheet for this process here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/KegLand Regulator Servicing Manual.pdf

This is the part on our website here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/regulator-replacement-diaphragm-and-seat-assembly-897.html

The gun is basically a copy of the Blickmann beer gun. It doenst have counter pressure but you can purge the bottle/can or growler then fill.

the other one is able to counter pressure bottle fill but it only works with bottles. That's probably the main difference.

Yes. I would agree. The top one is probably the one that will do a better job to be honest. But the gun is faster and probably a bit more ergonomic.

I should firstly say that out of the 10s of thousands of Robobrew units that have been sold we have heard of less than 10 elements that have burned out. In addition to this the Robobrew units so far have had much higher watt density. Even with the very small number of elements that have burned out they are almost always due to the elements being heated when the unit doesnt have liquid in the unit. So if you dont boil the unit dry you have nothing to worry about.

On the Robobrew 65L the watt density is significantly less (about half). As a result its even more difficult to burn out the elements from things like a boil dry event. With such low watt density the elements can be abused and boiled dry for some time before they fail.

So firstly I would say that the concern surrounding the elements burning out is not really something that is an issue. With that said in the very unlikly instance that you have burned out one of the three elements then it would be difficult to change the element. We would probably just send you a replacement boiler (without all the other components) for about $200. So this would probably be easier than trying to replace the element.
Thanks for explaining that. I agree that if all is working as expected that the chance of failure should be very low; with that said I dream of being able to do hundreds of batches using my new 65L robobrew so I was just keen to understand what would happen if there was an element failure for some reason.

Hey there @KegLand-com-au just a suggestion for your website, I would love to be able to save quotes to my account, also 2nd the idea of a black Friday/click frenzy sale, I would be loading up on a few things I need

Hi Kegland,

Do you happen to have an ETA for more stock of the Ice Master G40 chillers?

Thanks,
Steve

Should be back in stock in about 2 weeks. Sorry about the long wait. We seem to be selling a lot of these now for people wanting to chill fermenters.

Hey there @KegLand-com-au just a suggestion for your website, I would love to be able to save quotes to my account, also 2nd the idea of a black Friday/click frenzy sale, I would be loading up on a few things I need

We will have a talk with management about the Black Friday sale. We can't make any promises.

I would agree that saving the shopping card would be a good idea. I will talk to the web designers about this.

We will have a talk with management about the Black Friday sale. We can't make any promises.

I would agree that saving the shopping card would be a good idea. I will talk to the web designers about this.
Don't forget to ask them about "displaying all" on each page, clicking back and forth is a pain and customers are likely to miss products.

5% off for orders over $200?

Also, if I have orders in my cart (while logged in), I can currently login on a different computer and see the same cart. Not sure if that's helpful.

Latest posts

Back