Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Advantages of the FermZilla
1. The valve is far more reliable and doesn't have the leaky issues
2. The dump valve is more than double the diameter and doesn't have blockages like the previous model. This is particularly important when using more than 50 grams of hops (which seems to be half the beers that people make these days)
3. The opening at the top is large enough so even people with large hands can get hands in. You can also fit your arm in for cleaning if needs be.
4. The lid has several options for upgrades, will be cheaper to convert with ball lock posts and also better design where the airlock is attached.
5. The stand has been improved significantly
6. The collection container has been improved a lot with the ability to purge, dose, carbonate etc through the collection container.
7. Cone geometry has been improved so it doesn't get stuff stuck on the side of the cone as much as the older model.
8. Better clarity in the fermenter body
9. Higher burst pressures on the actual fermenter itself
10. Improved handle design on the neck of the fermenter making it easier to pick up an manoeuvre.
11. Height made more compact making it easier to fit into fermenting fridges. This is particularly important for the 55L model.
12. The size of the 27L is more suitable to single batch customers. Previously the 35L size was a strange size as it meant too much head space in the top making it hard to evacuate this space if you had to open the lid for some reason. Then Then the size was not really suitable for double batch which is why we made the 55L.
13. The insulated jacket design has been improved to make it mush easier to use.
14. Chemical resistance. The new design has significantly improved chemical resistance. Previously if you accidentally mixed your StellarSan too strong it can cause a mild chemical attack to the fermenter

So I would say the FermZilla has a number of improvements as well as the High Temperature tanks that will be available at a later stage.
Would have been a good idea to post photos up where applicable, would any purchaser of the 55 litre fermenter have to buy the special fermenting fridge also?
Why is the cone geometry better? Surely the narrower angle of the old model would be better for the yeast to drop, I only have the snubbie and never had any issues with yeast clinging to the sides.Is the video underway, a lot of people have been waiting a long time to see the Fermzillas.
Posted 30/5/18

When do you expect to get the Fermentasaurus back in stock, and what will the price be? Specifically the 27L.
The 27L and 50L models should be available by the end of this year. We will do a promo video so you guys can see all the new upgrades soon.

Last edited:
I don't see the video as promotional, I see it as informing the buyers what they are getting. It can't be the same product as you designed 12 months ago, there must be changes so it would seem reasonable to know what they are.
Are the accessories all add ons to the basic model or if you want a thermowell we should wait and hold off until that's available? I don't think this information should be withheld, just want to be an informed buyer.

It's not like they took pre-paid orders, just because they said 12 months ago it would have 'X' feature, doesn't mean that it still has to have it or they can't change it. We are all lucky they involve this forum so heavily in communications about their products! They don't have to tell us anything and if you don't like it you can always go and purchase something else

Otherwise, keep waiting patiently. When it drops and you finally see the product on offer you can decide if you want to buy it or not

Jesus Christ it's like dealing with babies

@Reg Holt Yeast has stuck to mine once. This is a lager fermented at 12°C, then up to 22°C, finally cold crashed for 3 days at 2°C.
A tap on the side and it started to fall down.

The 27L and 50L models should be available by the end of this year. We will do a promo video so you guys can see all the new upgrades soon.
How soon is soon? This was over a year ago.
@Reg Holt Yeast has stuck to mine once. This is a lager fermented at 12°C, then up to 22°C, finally cold crashed for 3 days at 2°C.

Not looking good for the 90 degree included angle then, going to take more than a tap on the side.
As a matter of interest is that break material and yeast?

Would have been a good idea to post photos up where applicable, would any purchaser of the 55 litre fermenter have to buy the special fermenting fridge also?
Why is the cone geometry better? Surely the narrower angle of the old model would be better for the yeast to drop, I only have the snubbie and never had any issues with yeast clinging to the sides.Is the video underway, a lot of people have been waiting a long time to see the Fermzillas.
Posted 30/5/18

When do you expect to get the Fermentasaurus back in stock, and what will the price be? Specifically the 27L.

Yes absolutely we will be doing a promo video of the new FermZilla soon and we will have more photos of the product soon. We really are not trying to push or promote this product at this stage as we already have more demand for the product that we can handle for the first couple shipments. Yes I know you have been all waiting quite a while but it's only 2 weeks until the shipment of 27L units arrive now.

Thanks for that photo. This photo really highlights why the FermZilla is being made. As you would know the old model had a blockage issues. When the blockage would occur in the dump valve the whole cone would bank up with sediment as show in the photo. This photo has become quite common to see unfortunately. Also note more than 15Liters of head space. I would say most of the photos we see of customers using the product they are doing a single batch had have this 15L of empty space above the wort.

I should also say the transition from the cone to the dump valve was also partly the issue with the blockage. This has also been improved on the new model. When the cone and dump valve have been well design the 90degree cone can save space but it requires the dump valve to be correctly designed so yeast and other solids can flow out correctly. We have done a lot of R&D related to this specifically.

Have you got an eta on the Maltzilla yet?

Very soon. We have found a new way to manufacture the roller hubs more efficiently and also made some further changes to the surface treatment on the rollers. So that will mean the release of this product will probably be pushed back to end of August.

It's probably not necessary for the Kegmenters as these are already treated in an electrolysis acid bath.

The BrewZilla and Digiboil units it's not possible to immerse these due to the cast elements and also the electronics in them so we can't use the same process. So it's a good idea to pacify them these. You can use citric acid or various other acid treatments but the Stellarsan Sanitiser is on special at the moment and it's pretty useful to have around.
Cheers guys speedy reply is much appreciated ill get on that before i send them on their maiden voyage [emoji1362]

I kegged a beer from your kegmenter the other day and a couple things didn't work well. Any advice for what I did wrong?

- The flow-stopper didn't work at all, beer just shot out the top when the keg was full. It was connected to a plastic disconnect (45 degree) instead of steel (with the 90degree connection) - would that cause it to not work?

- Using the floating dip tube, it left 3-4 litres behind. Is this normal behaviour, or is there some way to get around it? Don't want to waste that much beer at all!

It's not like they took pre-paid orders, just because they said 12 months ago it would have 'X' feature, doesn't mean that it still has to have it or they can't change it. We are all lucky they involve this forum so heavily in communications about their products! They don't have to tell us anything and if you don't like it you can always go and purchase something else

Otherwise, keep waiting patiently. When it drops and you finally see the product on offer you can decide if you want to buy it or not

Jesus Christ it's like dealing with babies
I'm simply asking if I and others can be informed of the new features of the product. Not really an outrageous request and one that Kegland can of course decline. Why it needs you chiming in with your rant is beyond me, I might be a baby but at least I'm not a compete dickhead.

I'm simply asking if I and others can be informed of the new features of the product. Not really an outrageous request and one that Kegland can of course decline. Why it needs you chiming in with your rant is beyond me, I might be a baby but at least I'm not a compete dickhead.

You don’t feel informed about it? Are you serious? In a q&a thread, by the manufacturer. Who has quite clearly stated the features. Even supplied a diagram with measurements?

You sure you’re not a complete dickhead?

You don’t feel informed about it? Are you serious? In a q&a thread, by the manufacturer. Who has quite clearly stated the features. Even supplied a diagram with measurements?

You sure you’re not a complete dickhead?
He's probably just impatient, it was only just over a year ago we were told by KegLand the video was soon to be released. A good point about the extras though can you tell us if they are included in the price?

He's probably just impatient, it was only just over a year ago we were told by KegLand the video was soon to be released. A good point about the extras though can you tell us if they are included in the price?

The base FermZilla unit will not include the ball lock posts. The main reasons for this is that:
1. Some customers do not use these fermenters under pressure. Addting the pressure kit to all the FermZilla units would mean the customers who don't need it would simply pay more.
2. We have two different types of pressure kit and we wanted to give the customers the option of which one to choose:
a) This stainless one here.
b) For those guys that are a bit more price sensitive we also have another one available soon for about half the cost with plastic posts instead of stainless steel. They will look like this instead
Capture.JPG

As you might notice this cap also has a duotight compatible barb on the underside and this will make it useful for a number of other applications that we can explain later.

3. We wanted the base FermZilla to be comparable to our competitors in a similar price range such as Catalyst, Brew Deamon, Brew Bucket, Malt Mechanics, Fast Ferment. Mind you I think our FermZilla is better than all of these and our price is probably better too but naturally we have some bias here.

So the base FermZilla will be sold just with the standard cap but this standard cap has been designed so it's easy to add on extra components without needing to replace the cap down the track. So very little additional expense will be required to modify it.

Any plans on releasing a counter pressure filler that inserts directly into taps, similar to the tapcooler? Looks like a pretty good concept.

So iv purchased the brewzilla 2 kegmentners the digiboil and a whole heap of other things over 2300 what is alot of money in my opinion for a hobby application besides the point i dont mind spending the money on a hobby i enjoy its the lack of respect in processing my order and getting it all to me . So in the load of stuff i got i also got the dimond triple keg bundle so 4 days later post arrived with everything besides 1 kegmenter and the full 6kg co2 bottle we emailed you guys and told you the to items that were missing and agreed to send them 3 more days passed and only a kegmenter has arrived no co2 bottle. we have emailed you again but haven't recived a reply yet please i would like this problem solved im hoping to do further bussiness with you guys but is this the way all your transactions go down ? Anyway guys i would appreciate a speedy reply to have this problem solved

Thank you
.hayden

we have emailed you again but haven't recived a reply yet please i would like this problem solved im hoping to do further bussiness with you guys but is this the way all your transactions go down ? Anyway guys i would appreciate a speedy reply to have this problem solved

Just call them and they will sort you out, this isn't a customer order resolution thread.

Also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

Any plans on releasing a counter pressure filler that inserts directly into taps, similar to the tapcooler? Looks like a pretty good concept.

We looked at the tapcooler product some time ago and there are still some fundamental design issues that we are not happy with which is why we did not import this product from Europe. Also this product doesn't suit standard kegerator fonts which is also a fairly big constraint given than a large percentage of our customer base purchase the Series 4 Kegerators from us.

It's likely that we will have our own product but it will not be the same format as the tapcooler.

Just call them and they will sort you out, this isn't a customer order resolution thread.

Also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

Please also give 1 business day after you send the email. We respond to emails within 1 business day normally. But as soreba has pointed out if you call use we can also just get onto this right away for you.

So iv purchased the brewzilla 2 kegmentners the digiboil and a whole heap of other things over 2300 what is alot of money in my opinion for a hobby application besides the point i dont mind spending the money on a hobby i enjoy its the lack of respect in processing my order and getting it all to me . So in the load of stuff i got i also got the dimond triple keg bundle so 4 days later post arrived with everything besides 1 kegmenter and the full 6kg co2 bottle we emailed you guys and told you the to items that were missing and agreed to send them 3 more days passed and only a kegmenter has arrived no co2 bottle. we have emailed you again but haven't recived a reply yet please i would like this problem solved im hoping to do further bussiness with you guys but is this the way all your transactions go down ? Anyway guys i would appreciate a speedy reply to have this problem solved

Thank you
.hayden

Hello Hayden. Thanks for letting us know about this. To my understanding all items have been sent but it's quite common for a large order to arrive in several deliveries. Even though the consignment might contain 6 parcels all shipped at the same time it doesn't mean they all arrive at the same time.

For instance if a truck is full at the depot it leaves the depot irrespective of if the truck has all 6 parcels. As a result some parcels get left behind for the next truck. Also some parcels have various conditions with them and they are too large, they meet a different classification for transport, or they are too heavy or packed on a pallet/skid. So also one order and sometimes be split up into two different freight carriers.

I should also say that with some of the large items that are bulky or round, these items do not generally go on a conveyor belt as they can roll off or they are too large to fit onto the conveyor belt. As a result they do not show scanning events like the other "easy sortable freight" does. So this can make the items appear as being lost but in reality they are often just being manually processed.

So the main thing is to allow acceptable time to pass and this will mostly result in the goods just arriving to the specified address. We loose less than 1 in 1000 orders so the chances of the freight just disappearing is unlikely. What we can say is all freight is fully insured so if the freight shows no tracking for 10 business days we will deem the parcel to be lost and we will re-ship it for you. So if sufficient time has not elapsed we cannot yet determine the goods to actually be lost and warrant re-shipping replacement stuff.

Back