Would have been a good idea to post photos up where applicable, would any purchaser of the 55 litre fermenter have to buy the special fermenting fridge also?Advantages of the FermZilla
1. The valve is far more reliable and doesn't have the leaky issues
2. The dump valve is more than double the diameter and doesn't have blockages like the previous model. This is particularly important when using more than 50 grams of hops (which seems to be half the beers that people make these days)
3. The opening at the top is large enough so even people with large hands can get hands in. You can also fit your arm in for cleaning if needs be.
4. The lid has several options for upgrades, will be cheaper to convert with ball lock posts and also better design where the airlock is attached.
5. The stand has been improved significantly
6. The collection container has been improved a lot with the ability to purge, dose, carbonate etc through the collection container.
7. Cone geometry has been improved so it doesn't get stuff stuck on the side of the cone as much as the older model.
8. Better clarity in the fermenter body
9. Higher burst pressures on the actual fermenter itself
10. Improved handle design on the neck of the fermenter making it easier to pick up an manoeuvre.
11. Height made more compact making it easier to fit into fermenting fridges. This is particularly important for the 55L model.
12. The size of the 27L is more suitable to single batch customers. Previously the 35L size was a strange size as it meant too much head space in the top making it hard to evacuate this space if you had to open the lid for some reason. Then Then the size was not really suitable for double batch which is why we made the 55L.
13. The insulated jacket design has been improved to make it mush easier to use.
14. Chemical resistance. The new design has significantly improved chemical resistance. Previously if you accidentally mixed your StellarSan too strong it can cause a mild chemical attack to the fermenter
So I would say the FermZilla has a number of improvements as well as the High Temperature tanks that will be available at a later stage.
Why is the cone geometry better? Surely the narrower angle of the old model would be better for the yeast to drop, I only have the snubbie and never had any issues with yeast clinging to the sides.Is the video underway, a lot of people have been waiting a long time to see the Fermzillas.
When do you expect to get the Fermentasaurus back in stock, and what will the price be? Specifically the 27L.
The 27L and 50L models should be available by the end of this year. We will do a promo video so you guys can see all the new upgrades soon.