Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just bought a kegerator from Grain and Grape and turned out to be cheaper then i thought! dont think they update the webpage at all.

got kegerator with dual tap font, taps, regulator, line and fittings and gas bottle for 819 was expecting to pay well over 1000 as the prices on the internet are higher then what i paid

Would be interested to hear how you find it doon. I puchased everything for my keg setup apart from a kegerator this week and am currently weighing up options.

The way I look at it when you add up the cost of the font, taps etc, buying the ready made kegerator is not that much more expensive.

its one of the flat door models from keg king, not sure if thats why it comes in a cheaper package or not. It seems to be pretty good quality stuff, maybe not the taps, but i can always replace them.

for me this was the best option as i dont really have a good shed, so this is going to sit next to me in my study and i can drink whilst on the computer!!

its one of the flat door models from keg king, not sure if thats why it comes in a cheaper package or not. It seems to be pretty good quality stuff, maybe not the taps, but i can always replace them.

for me this was the best option as i dont really have a good shed, so this is going to sit next to me in my study and i can drink whilst on the computer!!

As far as I'm concerned its a great feature being able to fit 3 kegs in such a small unit (I'm limited for space in my shed, so its a massive selling point). Was tempted to drop in to Keg King and see what they can do one for direct (KK is heaps closer to me than G&G), but G&G have them cheaper on their website. Think I'll call both and see who comes out cheapest...

As far as I'm concerned its a great feature being able to fit 3 kegs in such a small unit (I'm limited for space in my shed, so its a massive selling point). Was tempted to drop in to Keg King and see what they can do one for direct (KK is heaps closer to me than G&G), but G&G have them cheaper on their website. Think I'll call both and see who comes out cheapest...

Nowra Mitre 10....
Keg King 3..with gear ...$699.00
On Special///
Cheers
PJ

Damn... just read that they come with a gas bottle and reg (I have both already). I wonder what the chances are of getting a unit without them? Should cut down the cost a bit if possible

You'll be able to flog off the bottle and reg pretty easily.

Yeh, thats what I'm thinking... shot off an email to KK yesterday arvo asking if they can seperate, but just got a generic email back with the advertised price ($599 inc shipping).

I tend to spend about a month of every year away camping or at the beach anyway, so maybe I'll just keep the small bottle and extra reg for there.

Mine got an update recently with an allied pacific 4 tap flooded font. fitted with 4 perlick 525ss models. The font is running cold water using a pond pump, fits 4 kegs the water reservoir (15L), and 2 6 packs lol :). Aint nothing else gunna fit then. I would've liked a chrome font but i like the look of the gold and silver too

2.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

cheers :) clint

Very nice job mate -

I'm waiting on 3 perlicks myself to finish mine off. 525ss creamers? is that what those are - i hope so cos they look great!

Great labels mate - looks pro.

the gold font is classy too.

Mine got an update recently with an allied pacific 4 tap flooded font. fitted with 4 perlick 525ss models. The font is running cold water using a pond pump, fits 4 kegs the water reservoir (15L), and 2 6 packs lol :) . Aint nothing else gunna fit then. I would've liked a chrome font but i like the look of the gold and silver too

cheers :) clint

uggh just actually read that yes, they are 525ss taps

"try search? what? try READING" haha

JD

just finished my new tap handles on my new toy a wood lathe, which i have time to play with due to being on long service.
here are the three im currently using
IMG_1484.jpg

i was going to post this in the show us your tap handles thread but i couldnt find it and i did spend and hour searching.
cheers barls

just finished my new tap handles on my new toy a wood lathe, which i have time to play with due to being on long service.
here are the three im currently using
IMG_1484.jpg

i was going to post this in the show us your tap handles thread but i couldnt find it and i did spend and hour searching.
cheers barls

They look awesome mate, good work!

Be sure to post a pic with them fitted...

When I got new handles I ended up hammered cause I just kept going back to the keg fridge to use them... Ahh well, the things you HAVE to do huh! :D

OK - Here we go!
3 x perlick 575 ss creamer from the US
ordered 3" ss shanks and nipples... should have got the 4'' (slaps myself)... they're about 2mm too short once I screw on the ss nipples! would have been OK if they had the nipple on the shank, but these I had to screw on myself, so I lost about 1/2'' depth. SO I had to recess the locking nut on the inside of the collar - just another thing to make a relatively simple job more fiddly. Then I found out that the bits I had to drill out the holes for the shanks were too big for my drill's chuck. So I used san old hand turned brace drill with a larger chuck. What an effort, but got there in the end! And yes, I did it all while the collar was attached and fridge still running... I vacuumed my fridge of woodchips, and will get the rest out on the next clean..

I only got as far as putting the shanks through and quickly screwed on the taps to have a look. Not hooked up to the kegs as yet.

Sorry about the crappy phone pics, and these were taken at night, so are a bit dark..

JD
taps0.JPG taps1.JPGtaps2.JPG

Oh and one of the three taps has an engraved perlick "P" on the front, the other two have the grey print on the front, so not all the same. i like the engraved look better.

taps3.JPG open.JPG

Back