Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get the right temprite/icebank you'll be right. My icebank has 4 coils so will supply a 4-way font (and flood it).

If you get the right temprite/icebank you'll be right. My icebank has 4 coils so will supply a 4-way font (and flood it).

The temprite/ ice bank has 4 coils including one to flood the font, so I am going to try and hook it up, and poor away. What kind of refridgeration motor runs your icebank?? do you have any pics??

Hi all,

Just throwing some images of my new toy into the mix.. started out with a cheap little chest freezer.
startkegs.jpg

And then started having fun with a new thermostat, some black paint, towers.. you know.. usual stuff. Added a cheap digital thermometer display and have a bitter and a stout in fermenters. I'll get some nice handles one day soon I hope. New game.. play spot the penguin.
testinglong.jpg

digifront.jpg

kegs.jpg

Hi all,

Just throwing some images of my new toy into the mix.. started out with a cheap little chest freezer.
startkegs.jpg

And then started having fun with a new thermostat, some black paint, towers.. you know.. usual stuff. Added a cheap digital thermometer display and have a bitter and a stout in fermenters. I'll get some nice handles one day soon I hope. New game.. play spot the penguin.
testinglong.jpg

digifront.jpg

kegs.jpg

Sweet conversion there for a momoent i thought it was one of those $600 fridges!

Cheers

Thanks KHB.

Kingy, got everything from ebay, various vendors... gotta love it and yes, it does have the semi circle cutaway but doesn't really get too close to the tower

Hey KHB

Very nice job. I was convinced it was a store purchased kegerator before I started reading

I'm doing a similar thing. What type of paint did you use???

My keezer got some space invaders treatment at the weeknd :beerbang:

Photo0665.jpg

Here is my Keggerator.. After months of weekend work its done... and damn the beer tastes good :)

gallery_9889_608_654485.jpg

gallery_9889_608_6642.jpg

Here is my Keggerator.. After months of weekend work its done... and damn the beer tastes good :)

gallery_9889_608_654485.jpg

gallery_9889_608_6642.jpg

right next to the TV... just like a bought one beautiful!!! Works in very nicely with the TV cabinet... whodathought you'd knocked it up yourself.... great job

well it hasn't been made pretty yet (unless you've done HPIM0072__Small_.jpgQA for 3 or 4 hours then it's bewdiful)

Bit of a party keg that I put together.

Fits a 9L corny on the inside, as well as the gas bottle and a SS coil to keep the beer cool.

photo.JPG

Edit - Sorry about the photo, I uploaded it the right way. Must have been rotated somehow.

With all these superb Keg fridge/freezer set-ups, is a fridge an absolute must for kegging? I generally drink English style Ale, so 12C is my target serving temperature. Is the fridge needed to achieve carbonation? Cheers. Fridge/Freezer #3 (or 6 as in one post earlier in this thread!!!) must be a tough sell to SWMBO sometimes, I know it is for me!
I already have a fermentation fridge with tempmate installed but this is tied up all the time brewing, often at 18C or thereabouts, then crash chill, then back to 18C etc.. so not really suitable to 'share' with kegs.

You live in australia right? I'm not sure how you plan to get 12C beer in summer without a fridge/freezer.

just bought a kegerator from Grain and Grape and turned out to be cheaper then i thought! dont think they update the webpage at all.

got kegerator with dual tap font, taps, regulator, line and fittings and gas bottle for 819 was expecting to pay well over 1000 as the prices on the internet are higher then what i paid

Back