Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall someone here has one - the discussion might be in this thread.. somewhere..

Here's my ice-cream fridge. I had intended to get a chest freezer and fit a font to the top but I can't resist something that is free. I don't even know if my kegs will stand upright in it yet. I think it had about 720 mm of upright room in it. I guess I could fit a collar. Open to suggestions.

IMG_2455 - Version 2.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

431neb said:
Here's my ice-cream fridge. I had intended to get a chest freezer and fit a font to the top but I can't resist something that is free. I don't even know if my kegs will stand upright in it yet. I think it had about 720 mm of upright room in it. I guess I could fit a collar. Open to suggestions.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2455 - Version 2.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_2456.jpg

Yep I picked up one with curved glass top. It took a fair bit of screwing around but it works well, I did get rid of the glass sliding doors altogether and build a new frame. It also sloped from back to front so I had to compensate for that too. Its a bit neater inside now. This was just the initial set up

This one fits 7 kegs plus a 9L & gas bottle on the hump

The main thing is that you still need to make it seal properly or you will get a lot of condensation forming inside

Perth-20120820-00035.jpg

Perth-20120703-00012.jpg

Perth-20120820-00033.jpg

Keggerator system finally set up. I know everyone has seen dozens of these but have to say I am stoked with it.

Sturdy triple font (not the keg king one!)
2 forward sealing perlicks
1 flow control fs perlick
harris dual regulator
quick disconnects and JG fittings throughout with valpar lines
font cooling fan (these things really work!)

I have an extra gas line split at the back of the fridge so I don't have to have the fridge open when rolling kegs, and to provide a line to the counter pressure filler. I think I will shop around for a four font so I can mount the filler permanently to the system. Kegging an amber ale today, can't wait....

Thanks to Ross and the team for helping put the fit out package together.

keggerator.jpg

Badseed, nice setup. You appear to have upgraded the taps. What did you go with and how was the install process.??

My taps at present are the bog standard plastic crap and whilst ok for now, I think I can do better.

Mall said:
Badseed, nice setup. You appear to have upgraded the taps. What did you go with and how was the install process.??

My taps at present are the bog standard plastic crap and whilst ok for now, I think I can do better.
It would appear that he still has the same taps as he was supplied brand new. Perhaps the importer changed the taps.

Mall said:

Edak said:
It would appear that he still has the same taps as he was supplied brand new. Perhaps the importer changed the taps.
Yes, they are the ones that it came with.

The shop I got it from (cheapest around by $200) has long since shut down as he was a one man band operating about 1 street away from a hb "chain store" I think he couldn't come close to their prices for everyday items. He came up with the goods for my keggerator though.

I would like to change the handles though, something that would incorporate a label would be ideal.
Any ideas?

There are plenty available from chicompany.net and morebeer.com including ones into which you can insert print-outs and others which you can write on (the wooden ones). You need to sift through all of the crap ones though.

EDIT: forgot chi dont have the wooden ones, it's morebeer.

Does anyone know if those chalkboard handles fit on a standard three tap tower font?

I like them but am afraid the chalkboard parts will hit each other on my font.

haldini said:
Does anyone know if those chalkboard handles fit on a standard three tap tower font?

I like them but am afraid the chalkboard parts will hit each other on my font.
3.25” wide... I just measured up my 3 tap tower and there would definitely be overlap.

Latest posts

Back