Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aspro said:
Gday all

The latest addition to my set up.

Cheers Geoff
[post="128127"][/post]​

nice setup aspro!!!
you'll have to invite me around for a beer one day :D

Heres mine. plenty of room for more kegs.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

that keg does look lonely...
you can never have enough kegs ;)

Hi All,

I'd like to mention and thank some of the members of this fourm who helped me with the sourcing of equipment, which has led to having the priceless ability to pour my own beer at home.

GMK for the hand turned handle and 601 reg and Hoops for the Sodastream adapter. Cheers :beer:

Keg_set_up_1.JPG

Reg.JPG

Tap.JPG

Very Very nice...

glad to see the pics....

Hi All,

I'd like to mention and thank some of the members of this fourm who helped me with the sourcing of equipment, which has led to having the priceless ability to pour my own beer at home.

GMK for the hand turned handle and 601 reg and Hoops for the Sodastream adapter. Cheers :beer:

I'm interested how long a soda streamer CO2 tank lasts? i.e. x kegs between replacements

I'm interested how long a soda streamer CO2 tank lasts? i.e. x kegs between replacements

Hi lucas,

If I force carbonate the keg with the Sodastreamer I get about 2 kegs worth out of it, but if I Prime the kegs I can get upto 3. It works well if you have a small kegging setup.

I'll be looking to upgrade to a larger gas bottle when a get another keg or two. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Back to the Lab :chug:

Scored the fridge a gross dirty white for $60, painted it with blackboard paint and ripped out most of the internals. It had a freezer but I bent the freezer plate to cover the top, now with the thermostat on its lowest setting it sits at about 2C. I had planned to get 2 taps but the budget didnt allow it at the time, and I didn't want it to look lopsided, so I just went with one :p
DSC00678.JPGDSC00679.JPGDSC00680.JPGDSC00696.JPG

Scored the fridge a gross dirty white for $60, painted it with blackboard paint and ripped out most of the internals. It had a freezer but I bent the freezer plate to cover the top, now with the thermostat on its lowest setting it sits at about 2C. I had planned to get 2 taps but the budget didnt allow it at the time, and I didn't want it to look lopsided, so I just went with one :p
View attachment 7575View attachment 7576View attachment 7577View attachment 7578

can you post a picture clearly showing what you did to the freezer section please? i have a crappy old bar fridge that I've been wishing i could use for kegs but it has a freezer bit in the way.

can you post a picture clearly showing what you did to the freezer section please? i have a crappy old bar fridge that I've been wishing i could use for kegs but it has a freezer bit in the way.

I just pulled the kegs out, here is the fridge, well cooled down (theres a bit of ice on the cooling element, its never a problem though
DSC00823.JPG

Here's where the gas line comes in from the back (the cutout was already there). Also notice a thick guage solid wire which is supporting the whole cooling device, can see the slight ice build up here - the thing (yes thats the technical term for it :p) is normally shiney metal.
DSC00824.JPG

Here's where I ripped the thermostat case and light and crap off - I got a really bad shock there once, I think I touched the metal on the side and a one of the wires going into the thermostat at the same time while the fridge was plugged in - bad idea, it tripped the circuit protection in the fuse box and I felt my heart jump and was a bit light headed for a while afterwards. I've been meaning to insulate it somehow since lol, the keg usually covers it though, I make sure to avoid going anywhere near it now. The thermostat is held on with double sided tape from dick smiths.
DSC00825.JPG

This is the freezer door, I just cut off the door part and kept the hinge part, helps keep the cooling thing held up.
DSC00826.JPG

Different view of the position of the old thermostat casing, you can also see all the brown bits which were mounts for the freezer tray and thermostat casing etc. This were rusty bare metal, at the time I didnt care so I just covered up with silicone to prevent (more) water getting in there
DSC00827.JPG

Hope this helps! :)

Sammus

edit: spelling (twice) and added some info

tap_setup.jpgthis is my keg set up, a freezer with a dig temp controller so my beer doesn't freeze. i am lucky enough to have some sheety mates who made the stainless fount to hold the taps.

Attachments

• kegs_in_freezer.jpg
    kegs_in_freezer.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 150
Very nice adamg :super:
You don't drink from the coffee cup in the photo do you? ;)

I've been meaning to insulate it somehow since lol, the keg usually covers it though, I make sure to avoid going anywhere near it now. The thermostat is held on with double sided tape from dick smiths.

Jeeesus!

Hello fellow brewers,

well I finally have my set up complete. I must give a HUGE thanks to Kenny for supplying many of the items. He deserves a big pat on the back for these items but also for the advice he was only too happy to give.

Font was from Ebay, taps were from Ventmatic. Kegs were from US. Gas manifold from Kenny. Plumbing gear from Kenny, collars and shanks from Kenny, reg from Kenny, priceless info from Kenny.

As you can see, it is only a small bar. I had not intended kegging beer when I found it. But it all fits in nicely. It's amazing how popular your beer becomes when it is served on tap.

Cheers,
Craig
The_bar.JPGgas_manifold.JPGset_up.JPG

WOW :blink: a work of art, love the font and taps, this has to be one of the best small bars posted on this site.
One question, how hard is it to change kegs with the bucket in the middle<_<.

Post the photos in the gallery.

Yes it is a small pain to change a keg. I didn't give a lot of thought to the cooling system when I planned the set up, just made sure I could fit 4 x 5 gallon and 2 x 3 gallon kegs in. I have to disconnect the pump and move the bucket out to change a keg. It is a small price to pay.

Here is a view of the bar from the other side.

front_of_bar.JPG

Hello fellow brewers,

well I finally have my set up complete.
View attachment 7655View attachment 7656View attachment 7657

Luckily I had my jealousy gland removed... To quote from a favourite Monty Python sketch "you lucky, lucky *******!".

Fantastic set up Goossey. How are you running the lines from the freezer to the bar out of interest? There seems to be a gap between the two - are they under the floor or in a python arrangement?

Cheers

Yes it is a small pain to change a keg. I didn't give a lot of thought to the cooling system when I planned the set up, just made sure I could fit 4 x 5 gallon and 2 x 3 gallon kegs in. I have to disconnect the pump and move the bucket out to change a keg. It is a small price to pay.
Try using a PVC pipe with an end cap on one end.
I have done this with my setup and it saves a hell of a lot of room, I have two pipes - one for water/glycol to cool the font, the other for the drip tray, it works very well indeed and looks like it could be the answer to your problems.

Here is a photo to show you what I mean.. it could fit in yours by the looks of it.

EDIT: Great looking setup by the way, I will be settinging mine up in a similar way once I get the extra funds together.

glycol_setup.jpg

Latest posts

Back