Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas.

Muga, I did consider the PVC pipe option after seeing your nice set up in an earlier post. I may get around to modifying it one day, but I am happy for the moment not to tamper with things.

Bugwan, there is a hole in the back of the chest freezer and another hole in the side of the bar. All the beer lines and the glycol (cold water) lines run through the holes with insulating foam (supplied by Kenny).

Cheers,
Craig
Alpaca Brewery

Here are a couple of pics of my setup. Fairly bsic but it works. Fridge cost a slab, started with one tap and then added another and plan to put one more on. That is why the taps aren't centered (waiting for the wife to turn her head the other way). I bought an Aldoheat temp controller the other day to control temps as it was freezing up. Will fit three kegs plus glasses and wifes grog.

LeannesBirthday2006163.jpg

LeannesBirthday2006161.jpg

Finally got my keg fridge setup. :beer:

Thanks Kenny for the 4-way CO2 manifold & check valve. I've set it up with 3 outlets to serving kegs and the 4th with a beer out fitting for force carbonating kegs.

Cheers, Andrew.

The fridge
Fridge.JPG
The taps and magnetic labels
Tap_labels.JPG
The stripped and MDF'd inside of the door and hop storage in freezer
Inside.JPG
Shelving to accommodate compressor intrusion - size difference of coke & pepsi kegs :eek:
Shelves.JPG
The CO2 manifold and check valve
Gas_Manifold.JPG

Nice Setup Millet Man,
was going to post mine but after seing yours I may leave it...
Have to poor my first beer tonight, so fingers crossed its carbonated properly!!!

Cheers

Robbo

Nice Setup Millet Man,
was going to post mine but after seing yours I may leave it...
Have to poor my first beer tonight, so fingers crossed its carbonated properly!!!

Cheers

Robbo
Thanks Robbo,

If only the little old lady I bought the fridge off could see it now! :eek:

Cheers, Andrew.

:beer: Here are some pics of my set up. Still a work in progress. F+P 510 lt Chest freezer. Purchased timber for top yesterday. When finished will be portable.

DSCN1481.JPG

DSCN1490.JPG

DSCN1492.JPG

DSCN1483.JPG

Great idea with the extension Frogman, i like the built in gas bottle outside the freezer-more room for kegs. I can imagine a 4or5 tap font mounted to the extension. Looks good, keep us updated.
Cheers 15BL :beer:

I second that 15bl... Thats a cracker idea and as you said "leaves more room for kegs"... Could only be a good thing.
Make sure you post some pictures of the finished product!

Cheers,
Andrew

Millet Man,
What width mdf did you use? Thinking of doing the same thing but also a little worried about extra insulation. Also thinking about using marine ply maybe as it can handle any spills, explosions, condensation and what not.

Cheers,
Andrew

Just up dating my set-up and showing off my latest addition of 4 more small (4 litre) Taylor kegs

new_kegs.JPG

new_kegs_II.JPG

Millet Man,
What width mdf did you use? Thinking of doing the same thing but also a little worried about extra insulation. Also thinking about using marine ply maybe as it can handle any spills, explosions, condensation and what not.

Cheers,
Andrew
'twas 6mm as I recall. I kept all the insulation in the door and it keeps a cold temp well.

Cheers, Andrew.

Here's mine..
DSCF1282.JPG
just 2 kegs in ATM.
DSCF1283.JPG
I have 3 but waiting for my first AG to fill that one.

Here's my fermenting fridge too.
DSCF1284.JPG
was $20. working, just gave it a coat of paint! sweet!!!

This is my lil fridge, which stalls my computer when i am using it. <_<

100_1615.JPG

Hey Eric,

I asked this in the gallery section but might as well repost here were it is easier to find.

How well does the tap pour beer? I was really interested in getting one of these for a portable setup since they look awesome, but wasnt sure since it is a soda tap.

Cheers
Jye

Hey Eric,

I asked this in the gallery section but might as well repost here were it is easier to find.

How well does the tap pour beer? I was really interested in getting one of these for a portable setup since they look awesome, but wasnt sure since it is a soda tap.

Cheers
Jye

Jye,
it's a proper beer tap, but unfortunately I have only done 3 kegs before and just put the tap on last Sunday. I am still experimenting with it. Plus I think I have over carbed my keg. DOOOH :( . I bought the font of e-bay and am waiting for another from US.
Hopefully should be working a treat by the weekend for my b'day party. Fingers crossed :chug:

Jye,
it's a proper beer tap, but unfortunately I have only done 3 kegs before and just put the tap on last Sunday. I am still experimenting with it. Plus I think I have over carbed my keg. DOOOH :( . I bought the font of e-bay and am waiting for another from US.
Hopefully should be working a treat by the weekend for my b'day party. Fingers crossed :chug:

Sorry Eric but I think it is soda draft arm :( a quick search on google will bring up heaps of pics. Link

You may have over carbonated your keg but the foaming could also be due to the font not being flooded and also the tap. I would still be interested to know how it goes once you have your keg carbonated correctly.

Latest posts

Back