Kegged Beer Storage.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidiemma

Reaction score
How do you store kegged beer if your fridge is full, and do you have to carbonate it straight away?

Hey Dave,

Myself, maybe wrong but never had an issue...

Bleed/Burp the keg and store. Simple.

I force carbonate so when I have room, chill said keg and then force carb. If you are gonna prime carb in keg then there is no issue, add priming sugar/s and leave at fermenting temp for 2 weeks - done.

I hope that makes sense and helps!

:icon_drunk:

You store beer? :blink:

Serious gas it and store like you would a bottle. Beware the keg needs to seal.

Cheers

Chappo

it tastes better after you store it :p i sometimes wish i didnt drink it too fast so i can have had some stored longer

So its Ok to store beer in the kegs outside the fridge so long as it is under pressure well sealed and carbonated so long as the temperaturure does not get too hot !!

Actually its a good question as I am in the same situation and was wondering the same thing

Pumpy :)

Cold, dark, and under pressure.
Well ahem
2 out of 3 ain't bad in keeping it dark and sealed.

;)

I think that the beer would benefit from a two week storage before hitting the fridge. I have been wanting to do this but I am lucky to have a keg last longer than it takes to ferment the *******. Only solution is to buy more kegs and brew more I guess.

Brad

I think that the beer would benefit from a two week storage before hitting the fridge. I have been wanting to do this but I am lucky to have a keg last longer than it takes to ferment the *******. Only solution is to buy more kegs and brew more I guess.

Brad

And stop sharing it with Chappo and Sully.... :ph34r: :icon_drool2:

Just look at the megaswill breweries who have their carbed beer sitting in kegs, some in the sun, for weeks on end.....

If they can do it, you can too, but you will probably be a lot more careful about ensuring the keg is kept in ambient temperature, if not a little cooler.

Having recently moved house I had my kegs out of the fridge for about 2 to 3 months without being carbed
and just stored in the garage. I put them in the fridge carbed them up and they were great.
A little bit of ageing I think does them good! If you can last that long!

storage has never been an issue for me either and I dont have the chappo beer storage unit anywhere near me :ph34r:

I dont have fridge space so if the impossible ever happens I'd imagine i'd put it in the house - most likely laundry area somewhere, based on space available.

However at this point my production line beer processing hasn't had any bottlenecks :D

Latest posts

Back