Kegerator X vs 4 vs other models

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

djackal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to offload my keezer and replace it with a Kegerator. Something I can have near the kitchen rather than in the garage!
I see there are a few models out there. Any suggestions on which one is the most reliable. Doesn't need to fit 4 kegs. Would like 2 or 3 taps of decent quality and something easy to set up that pours a decent beer.

Cheers
Carl

Grmblz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to offload my keezer and replace it with a Kegerator. Something I can have near the kitchen rather than in the garage!
I see there are a few models out there. Any suggestions on which one is the most reliable. Doesn't need to fit 4 kegs. Would like 2 or 3 taps of decent quality and something easy to set up that pours a decent beer.

Cheers
Carl
They're NOISY! Read the threads, the most common complaint is noise, if you want it in your kitchen or living room get a proper fridge and convert it.

djackal

Reaction score
I was looking for threads but nothing popped out at me. I barely have time to brew atm with a young family and definitely no time for projects. Maybe I just try to find a way to the garage and use the keezer... It's a war zone in there!

Jack of all biers

Reaction score
I have a Series 4 and it is slightly noisey with the fan on, but when it's off it is no more noisey than the kitchen fridge. In fact, a second hand fridge next to my Kegerator is far more noisey when it chugs away. I only turn the fan on, when the thing is being used frequently otherwise I leave it off.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
I have a Series 4 and it is slightly noisey with the fan on, but when it's off it is no more noisey than the kitchen fridge. In fact, a second hand fridge next to my Kegerator is far more noisey when it chugs away. I only turn the fan on, when the thing is being used frequently otherwise I leave it off.
Yeah same.

Nullnvoid

Reaction score
I'm not thinking about a kegerator x as I made the mistake of putting a keg of water in to make soda water and now I think I have lost that tap to soda water from here on

wealsy22

Reaction score
My Series 4 is much far too loud for me, I don't even have the fan running and it's too loud.

Frothy Boi

Reaction score
kk series 3, it's only noisy for half a second when the compressor cuts off and if I leave a bunch of crud, like empty bottles and bottle caps on there. Mine is siting on a custom dolly tho and that may absorb some vibration.

beer gut

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
I have a series 4 sitting in my lounge room, it was noisy (gurgling) for a month or so, now I can hardly notice any sound at all. Obviously can’t comment on the series X