Keg Won't Carbonate!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabre4

Reaction score
I'm a bit stumped about this one. I brewed a Belgian Double a while back and hooked it up to gas and chilled it a couple of weeks ago. It been sitting at 83kPa, 5C for the whole time and it hasn't carbonated yet. Anyone know what the could be causeing this. My gas isn't leaking. When I pull the pin I hear plenty of gas going in, so there is no blockage. I also have another Ale on tap at the same pressure, same gas, same temp, its carbonated fine. Whats going on? Do hight gravity beers take longer. Its hardly got a bubble. Any help would be awsome.

I would suggest pulling it out the fridge and inverting the keg a couple of times. CO2 is entering at the top, and your beer is exiting at the bottom of the keg. It might just need a mix up to increase the rate of CO2 diffusion.

I would suggest pulling it out the fridge and inverting the keg a couple of times. CO2 is entering at the top, and your beer is exiting at the bottom of the keg. It might just need a mix up to increase the rate of CO2 diffusion.

Boston, your a legend! Inverted the keg a couple of times and the results were instant! My god, this beer is good! Thanks again mate.

Latest posts

Back