Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 to better beer line
+1 to good quality push-in fittings (but you need good quality beer line)
-1 to flow control taps (You're better off getting normal taps and balance the line. Push-in fittings will make it easy to adjust the line length if you need to make changes. Or you can try the flow control keg disconnects.)

KK used to have shitty wheels on the early series 4, but I believe they have fixed that. I think KL always had decent wheels.

In terms of noise, the series 4 is on par with all modern refrigeration systems. Not as quiet as a GE fridge from the 80s, but neither is the Westinghouse fridge I got around the same time as the series 4.

+1 to better beer line
+1 to good quality push-in fittings (but you need good quality beer line)
-1 to flow control taps (You're better off getting normal taps and balance the line. Push-in fittings will make it easy to adjust the line length if you need to make changes. Or you can try the flow control keg disconnects.)

KK used to have shitty wheels on the early series 4, but I believe they have fixed that. I think KL always had decent wheels.

In terms of noise, the series 4 is on par with all modern refrigeration systems. Not as quiet as a GE fridge from the 80s, but neither is the Westinghouse fridge I got around the same time as the series 4.
Keg King series 4 has Australian approvals. We stand behind the product if any problems.

That's because Australian law says you have to. No brownie points for complying with the law.
That is right but other suppliers do not. We are the only ones who the Series 4 on ERAC.

I just did a check on ERAC register Kegland has nothing registered including Brewzilla or Robobrew, maybe they are not a responsible supplier?

Oh please! Not this again.

Calling out a competitor does not improve the image of a company. And that goes for all suppliers.

It's no better than politicians trying to throw dirt at each other instead of having policies that we can vote for.

If a supplier is doing something illegal, bring it to the attention of authorities and let them deal with it in an appropriate manner.

That is right but other suppliers do not. We are the only ones who the Series 4 on ERAC.
So you are suggesting that your series 4 is electrically different to your competitors, if this is the case then you may have a point but if not then registration with ERAC is completely irrelevant, as for warranty all Australian companies/manufacturers have to warrant goods electrical or otherwise, are you saying that your warranty on series 4's exceeds that of your competitors? @ Cian it's a KK thread so mentioning the opposition by name is probably not a great idea, also my understanding is the series 4 base unit is identical from either of these suppliers and it's only the fittings, pipes etc that differ, with the competitor opting for better quality stuff (at a slightly higher price) that being the case the ERAC registration becomes moot. Brewzilla and Robo's are a different story, how did you check btw? and does KK have the Guten registered yet? cos they didn't a little while ago (there's a thread on it) sláinte G

I just did a check on ERAC register Kegland has nothing registered including Brewzilla or Robobrew, maybe they are not a responsible supplier?

I looked for Grainfather (as an example) in all sorts of different names etc. and nothing is registered for that..

So what is the deal about this ?

So you are suggesting that your series 4 is electrically different to your competitors, if this is the case then you may have a point but if not then registration with ERAC is completely irrelevant, as for warranty all Australian companies/manufacturers have to warrant goods electrical or otherwise, are you saying that your warranty on series 4's exceeds that of your competitors? @ Cian it's a KK thread so mentioning the opposition by name is probably not a great idea, also my understanding is the series 4 base unit is identical from either of these suppliers and it's only the fittings, pipes etc that differ, with the competitor opting for better quality stuff (at a slightly higher price) that being the case the ERAC registration becomes moot. Brewzilla and Robo's are a different story, how did you check btw? and does KK have the Guten registered yet? cos they didn't a little while ago (there's a thread on it) sláinte G
ERAC listing has nothing to do with warranty. It has everything to do with complying with the law. Everything else you mention is irrelevant. If a supplier sells a consumer product that is required to be approved and listed, without SAA approvals then that supplier is breaking the law. The approval is not transferable simply because the product might come out of the same factory. The law is very clear on that. Keg King have had the Guten units registered since the very beginning.

I looked for Grainfather (as an example) in all sorts of different names etc. and nothing is registered for that..

So what is the deal about this ?
It may be that the Grainfather is not a proscribed product. Fridges however are.

Oh please! Not this again.

Calling out a competitor does not improve the image of a company. And that goes for all suppliers.

It's no better than politicians trying to throw dirt at each other instead of having policies that we can vote for.

If a supplier is doing something illegal, bring it to the attention of authorities and let them deal with it in an appropriate manner.
It is not up to Keg King to police this but we are making ever effort to get things right and we believe that our customers have a right to know about this. People forking out good money should be able to rest easy that what they get complies with the regulatory requirements.

ERAC listing has nothing to do with warranty. It has everything to do with complying with the law. Everything else you mention is irrelevant. If a supplier sells a consumer product that is required to be approved and listed, without SAA approvals then that supplier is breaking the law. The approval is not transferable simply because the product might come out of the same factory. The law is very clear on that. Keg King have had the Guten units registered since the very beginning.

MCH only has three listings current, 2 fridges and the temp controller

Can’t see the Guten?

How many have Kegland got? If you are looking for the Grainfather look under Bevie Craft.

Nothing under Bevie Craft / Bevvie Craft

I Can't find anything registered under trade name 'Guten' to anyone. Unless it is under another trade name to a different supplier, which then contradicts the above statement about the approval not being transferable !?

Apparently Guten is registered as per above from Keg King CEO.. if it is, I can't find it anywhere and it definitely isn't under MCH Australia. And I am not sure why A grainfather isn't a prescribed device when a Guten is apparently even though it isn't registered.

Definitely there under Bevie Craft, they are listed as responsible suppliers, they only have the stills and the Grainfather under electrical appliances. How many items have Kegland got?

Definitely there under Bevie Craft, they are listed as responsible suppliers, they only have the stills and the Grainfather under electrical appliances. How many items have Kegland got?

Where are you looking, the EESS site? or the ERAC?

Bevie Craft listed on EESS as responsible supplier with multiple pieces of equipment listed (no certificate numbers). They do not appear on the ERAC website at all as far as I can see

MCH appear on EESS as responsible supplier but with no equipment listed at all however MCH come up on the ERAC with 3 certificates for temp controller & fridge

It's all pretty confusing, I don't know the law so I can't tell what's what but it seems those two sites differ

Also, apparently the Guten is registered, but I can't find it anywhere. And it was stated above that the certifcation isn't transferable so by that logic, it should appear under MCH with the other 2 but it doesn't.

Where are you looking, the EESS site? or the ERAC?

Bevie Craft listed on EESS as responsible supplier with multiple pieces of equipment listed (no certificate numbers). They do not appear on the ERAC website at all as far as I can see

MCH appear on EESS as responsible supplier but with no equipment listed at all however MCH come up on the ERAC with 3 certificates for temp controller & fridge

It's all pretty confusing, I don't know the law so I can't tell what's what but it seems those two sites differ

Also, apparently the Guten is registered, but I can't find it anywhere. And it was stated above that the certifcation isn't transferable so by that logic, it should appear under MCH with the other 2 but it doesn't.
Happy to post you copy of our SAA certificate.

Latest posts

Back