Keg King kegerator series 4

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Beer Baron is trying to get his head around electrical appliance conformation laws not slinging shit.
I'm referring to keg king insinuating kegland don't have compliance for their products.

The whole compliance thing looks like it's very confusing. I'm sure if there's a problem the authories will sort it out. Sounds like weal has passed on the details.

What is SAA now? How confusing is all this

I don’t really care to be honest, post it up here

Why doesn’t it appear with your others?
SAA. - Standards Administration Australia. Not sure 60 odd pages will be easy to add here. Not really confusing at all but we
Wow, not even a week back here and slinging shit.....
Such as?

I'm referring to keg king insinuating kegland don't have compliance for their products.

The whole compliance thing looks like it's very confusing. I'm sure if there's a problem the authories will sort it out. Sounds like weal has passed on the details.
Why is it confusing? Pretty simple that if you need the approval then you get it done and get it right. Its there for good reasons.

And this is exactly why this forum is going further down the drain hole.

It's not about brewing anymore, is it?
I work for Access Canbera inspecting electrical work, (wiring) I think it is to do with brewing if the units the brewers them selves are using equipment which doesn't meet AU/NZ standards, thats why compliance certificates are in place. Doesn't it seem odd that they have followed the compliance regulations for the EU and USA and are seeming to balk the compliance process here?
This is about safe brewing.

And this is exactly why this forum is going further down the drain hole.

It's not about brewing anymore, is it?

See I think this forum is going from strength to strength. Just when I don't think it can get anymore tragic, something new comes along. I mean, inviting Keg-King back so that the two figure heads can passively aggressively duke it out. Bloody genius!

I'm just here for the LOL's

I've got series 4 atm and it has been working pretty well, albeit a little noisy at times when it throttles up.

Thinking of moving it out the the (un-insulated, etc) shed soon though, how do these perform in more extreme climates? During a classic Adelaide heatwave i think the shed might get up to around 50C ambient.

See I think this forum is going from strength to strength. Just when I don't think it can get anymore tragic, something new comes along. I mean, inviting Keg-King back so that the two figure heads can passively aggressively duke it out. Bloody genius!

How cerebral of you! Here for the baiting I guess.

I wonder instead whether it would be better to ban all suppliers?
But I guess that’s how sponsorship works ;)
Have to say though I have had products from both suppliers and they work!
Both have good customer service, both import some interesting products & in all honesty I will most likely purchase from both again in the future!
Oh well I guess it’s just the way it is -pity!

How cerebral of you! Here for the baiting I guess.

Yeah guess I am. I go elsewhere for information. The other place has all the brains trust.

And for what it's worth I buy from both of you and also a range of other suppliers.

It's just the shit fight that occurs on here amuses me.

Yeah guess I am. I go elsewhere for information. The other place has all the brains trust.

And for what it's worth I buy from both of you and also a range of other suppliers.

It's just the shit fight that occurs on here amuses me.

Well why don‘t you introduce yourself next time you pop in which I know you do. You might find that I am not here for any shit fight and maybe realise that we have more to offer than what you think. Do you really think our brew engineering team has so little ability? You might change your mind when you see what is coming out over the next few months. Anyway I would welcome the chance to speak with you in person to try and understand your views that you air here. Are you up for it?

I've got series 4 atm and it has been working pretty well, albeit a little noisy at times when it throttles up.

Thinking of moving it out the the (un-insulated, etc) shed soon though, how do these perform in more extreme climates? During a classic Adelaide heatwave i think the shed might get up to around 50C ambient.

Is that what we have become? Legitimate question goes unanswered because everyone is too busy complaining and fighting some battle no one cares about o_O

Well why don‘t you introduce yourself next time you pop in which I know you do. You might find that I am not here for any shit fight and maybe realise that we have more to offer than what you think. Do you really think our brew engineering team has so little ability? You might change your mind when you see what is coming out over the next few months. Anyway I would welcome the chance to speak with you in person to try and understand your views that you air here. Are you up for it?

Love too. Got a gas bottle to swap, I'll come be down today at around 12:30-1? Will you be around, I would love to chat.

And for what it's worth, I have never once mentioned here (or anywhere) about the ability of your engineering team. I have no battles with anyone. I shop with the company that will provide the best prices and quality for the gear I need at the time. Or actually, most of the time, it comes down to who has what in stock and when I can get it.

Would love to talk to you in person about what I mean about the "brains trust". Happy to do that today

Is that what we have become? Legitimate question goes unanswered because everyone is too busy complaining and fighting some battle no one cares about o_O

Is it a Keg King unit? If so happy to respond. The series 4 is not really designed for extremes like you mentioned. It is for domestic use and not outdoors. For the price that it is there is now way that it could be made to work in 50 C without stressing the componentry. From memory I think the max ambient quoted by the manufacturer is 35C but I will try to check this later for you. Apologies if I missed your post earlier.

Is it a Keg King unit? If so happy to respond. The series 4 is not really designed for extremes like you mentioned. It is for domestic use and not outdoors. For the price that it is there is now way that it could be made to work in 50 C without stressing the componentry. From memory I think the max ambient quoted by the manufacturer is 35C but I will try to check this later for you. Apologies if I missed your post earlier.

It is, and thank you. I had a suspicion that might be the case, but am also interested if anyone has an anecdotal evidence from their own use.

There is a difference between "anecdotal evidence" of "is it likely to work?" versus "has it been designed to be reliable under those conditions?".

Just because it does an adequate job for three other people does not mean you are not taking a risk operating the unit outside of design parameters. As long as you are on-board with that, it's all good.

BTW: In my experience, most manufacturers do not design products for Australian conditions, where 40-50C ambient operating temperature is to be expected. And that's in all industries.

There is a difference between "anecdotal evidence" of "is it likely to work?" versus "has it been designed to be reliable under those conditions?".

Just because it does an adequate job for three other people does not mean you are not taking a risk operating the unit outside of design parameters. As long as you are on-board with that, it's all good.

BTW: In my experience, most manufacturers do not design products for Australian conditions, where 40-50C ambient operating temperature is to be expected. And that's in all industries.
Mine has been out side at about 38 & it struggled! I guess if you want serious cooling, you need a Keezer!

Had mine probably 7-8 months now and has been difficult to perfect. The back keg the fan blows on must be getting colder than the other two because it's slowly overcarbed.. This kegerator really is getting on my nerves a bit. Whats everyone doing to prevent this? I thought about putting a piece of coroflute over to shield, or perhaps even getting a manifold? It gets hot here in summer so compressor always running during the day, usually says 5 degrees when aiming for 2 now and sides very hot causing more trouble

If I were running just two kegs I'd probably get away with careful placement but not possible with three

Had mine probably 7-8 months now and has been difficult to perfect. The back keg the fan blows on must be getting colder than the other two because it's slowly overcarbed.. This kegerator really is getting on my nerves a bit. Whats everyone doing to prevent this? I thought about putting a piece of coroflute over to shield, or perhaps even getting a manifold? It gets hot here in summer so compressor always running during the day, usually says 5 degrees when aiming for 2 now and sides very hot causing more trouble

If I were running just two kegs I'd probably get away with careful placement but not possible with three
Sounds to me like your back plate is probably frozen, which means it's unable to chill the entire unit to the intended temperature and continues to work very inefficiently. The lines to your back keg are probably partially frozen, which causes the foam that has likely led you to think the beer is overcarbonated.

Well yes you were right, there was a bit of ice built up on the plate so I left it off to thaw for half an hour, now 7hrs later it hasn't gotten cooler than 6 degrees.. Lol this thing. It's warm, but not styfling hot outside. It does cool to 2 overnight but as soon as it begins warming up it stays at 6 all day unfortunately

Line wasn't frozen unfortunately though, just overcarbed pouring foam it seems

Latest posts

Back