Keg King Intertap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Tonk ....... now that's a cat with attitude! Gotta love em ....cause they'll kill ya in your sleep if you don't!!!

PS loving all the feedback, decided to order one to play with ..... and a perlick to compare with!

Waiting waiting waiting ...... and it's bloody 41C here!

Burmese. Not keen on beer but mad coffee fiend. He's pleasant enough as long as someone plays fetch with him dog style for a couple of hours a day... was shitty because i was using one of his food bowls as a drip tray i think

Kingmaa said:
Burmese. Not keen on beer but mad coffee fiend. He's pleasant enough as long as someone plays fetch with him dog style for a couple of hours a day... was shitty because i was using one of his food bowls as a drip tray i think
Can read the headline "home brewer found drowned in 1 inch of stale beer, only evidence police could find was a rather please looking cat with single claw extended!"

Anyone used the flow control models yet? Adding another 2 taps to my new kegerator, and debating what to use. Already locked in one standard Intertap, but wondering whether i hold off on the other one and get a FC tap.

I am following this as I have perlshits and am looking for an alternative. My flow control perlshits weak like a sieve an rather than go back to brumbies I want an alternative.

I've been watching the Keg King site but they are marked as "Out of Stock" and have been for quite a while.

Which Perlicks do you have Wolfy? The 650 i have had in the past was quite workable, but the old 5 series were a bit more temperamental.

Ill have to get in contact with Kee when i get back on Monday.

I spoke with them today flow control taps should be in on the 18th

Wolfman said:
I am following this as I have perlshits and am looking for an alternative. My flow control perlshits weak like a sieve an rather than go back to brumbies I want an alternative.
Which series? No problems with 3x 650SS here...

Keg King said:
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]If any of you wanted to do a vigorous review of the taps just let me know and I will supply some taps for you at half price on the condition that you post your review on this forum. This offer is valid for 1 month. I would prefer if the person doing the review had already used Micromatic, Perlick, or Andale taps so they have the experience to compare the difference. I think once you use the taps you will be convinced of their performance.[/SIZE]

Cheers
Any idea of the same offer for the FC taps? I would test alongside a perlick 650 and 545.

Topher said:
Thanks for the half price deal Kee.

First impressions are great. Ive taken it apart to get rid of the usual smelly manufacturing oil residue and it looks well made. All the threads screw in and out nicely.

I bought the stout tap and growler filler and they look slick too. There is a 4 hole restrictor plate as well as a plastic thingy disc/restrictor underneath. Not sure if I should use both at the same time. Either way it all comes apart easily for cleaning.

Will report back after ive done some xbeerimenting.
what are peeps using for cleaning the manufacturing grease once disassembled ? just plain ol' detergent?

Wolfman said:
My 525s are good still. I recently replaced all the o rings as a few started leaking ( oldest first), but I don't mind after four years or so of reliable service

Also converted a 575 to a 525 :)

Can't remember what model they are.
image.jpeg

Its *You're*

And clearly you do not clean stuff.. AND... a simple o-ring kit will fix that... OR

Get some Intertaps...

K.

*EDIT - now that is a wind up :p

Cocko said:
Its *You're*

And clearly you do not clean stuff.. AND... a simple o-ring kit will fix that... OR

Get some Intertaps...

K.

*EDIT - now that is a wind up :p
Yes I do clean my taps. Thanks for the advice.

Because you are winding me up, I'll take a oring set. Free of charge of coarse. If it works I'll pay. If your wrong I won't. You have my address.

Finally reporting back. Had 2x intertaps on the kegerator for 2 months now and happy so far. Easy to take apart and clean (make sure you do this after purchase, the insides had oil everywhere when I bought them)
No leaks, Spout easy to unscrew and clean. Having only used cheapo crap plastic taps before, I got to say it's a massive step up.

What do you use to clean them after purchase before first use?

Latest posts

Back