Keg Coupler To Ball Lock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo5253

Reaction score
Hi All,
Have normal 2 Keg setup, looking at possibly buying a CUB keg and coupler, just wondering if anywhere sells the convertors to change it from the coupler fitting to Ball lock so I can connect it straight into my current set up
Any info would be great.

Cheers and Beers

Robbo

i know that the brew shop in peakhurst (sydney) sell them but thats not a lot of help to you in murray bridge , im sure someone in adelaide does them ...

Hmm interesting idea..

Would the thread on these...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-CUB-Keg-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Be the same as the ball lock fittings we use on the post mix kegs? if so... just buy the coupler and a male gas and male beer fitting and bobs your uncle..... but you never know you might find he's actually your aunt and it won't work.... would be good for parties where you dont have time to brew... or dont want to give up sacred beer to people who dont appreciate it.

I hope this makes sense...

Barramundi you wouldn't happen to have any pics would u ?

Guess that would work, a mate has one that I am trying to steal off of him, so will have a bit more of a look once i get that and see if it has the thread on it.

Bob was my Uncle, now hes my Aunt... Long Story!!

the threads arent the same as the male post mix type fittings you need an adaptor .... one side is 1/2 bsp(i think) the other is something else im not sure what probably an american thread ???

DO YOU WANT A KIT FOR THE KEG OR COUPLER PM ME

DEL

BRAND NEW converted CUB coupler with ball lock posts all s/s 280.00

pm me if this is what you are after

del

$280.00 WHOA.... if thats what its going to set you back you may aswell just go to the pub

yeh there not cheap the cub couplers are exxxy and the the two posts (cornie ball locks went up) then there is the adapters and nuts for the conversion.
plus shipping cause they are quiet heavy as they are all new s/s .

so the margine from whole sale to retail in quite narrow.

i have got one my self and i paid whole sale for it a year ago but since all the prices of fuel and $hit has been going on mane the price rose nearly 55% SO HANCE THE COST any you get on ebay cheap are a bargain in my books as a referb kit cost between 4 - 8 bucks depending on which one you got (micromatics are the most expencive to re kit).

one you got a coupler though re kit it and mod kit it to suit ball loks for around 100.bucks thats with all the new bits and a refurb kit.
new cub couplers will set you back anyware between 140.180 new.

del

$280.00 WHOA.... if thats what its going to set you back you may aswell just go to the pub

I Hear Ya
A little nastier than what I thought, might need to find someone with a Milling machine!!!

Talk to John at Grain & Grape - he's got the necesssary thread converters and threaded balllock connectors. I had all sorts of weird things happening to acheive this before I discovered these. Now I've just got a dedicated coupler when I need to run ball-lock lines.

AndyD

Hate to bring up a thread that is dead and buried....But i find myself in the same dilema!

We are running a couple of commercial kegs at a party tuesday night. We have the correct coupler, but i wish to use my own 5mm air/beer lines, and my own regulator so i can serve with my pluto gun. Would it work to just remove the female fitting and screw on some of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pub-Keg-Coupler-Pos...=item439d6eef90

Also, I have seen these adaptors on ebay which would obviously be the best way to go, but a little pricy and cant wait that long for postage...Does anyone know any places in melbourne to buy these? Or can anyone sell or rent me some perhaps??

Also having a christmas party next week at my mates bar, he wants to put one of my corny kegs through the tap system for the night (private event for close friends, wont be selling the beer). His keg system is a standard commercial system which runs mostly "S" type kegs with couplers. Any advice on how to adapt the male fittings on his lines (which are slightly bigger than the corny posts), to go onto the liquid/gas posts??
Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply!
Cheers.

You can go Here
There is a retail outlet in airport west Vic
Or the jg fitting below it

Cheers matho

Edit: or Here

Thanks alot for the help on that one fella. Looks like that should do the trick!

Latest posts

Back