Keezer, stc query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a great addition,vented walls also is a must if there is no external condenser leave an air gap between freezer and dressing and a small fan to pull new air through the gap.fans are useless if they are only going to recirculate warm air,need a fresh air intake somewhere and a hot air outlet for best efficiency.

I'm not a sparky Spog, but if I were to do what you are wanting then I'd run it from the same point as the fridge/freezer is plugged in at. So when the temp controller wants cooling, both the freezer and fan kick in. The fan would only be 12v so it shouldn't need much more power.
Happy to hear from experts in the field though...

The recent coffin keezer build on here (sorry, forgot his name... love his work, though) had this arrangement of fans working concurrently with compressors.

I'll likely be doing something similar, as I plan to clad my keezer build.

Well, I won't be wiring it personally. You know those 80/90s films, where they always cut the right wire ? Yeah, that's not me... I'd die every time.

spog said:
Slightly OT , but when it comes to the keezer operating I have been thinking about a fan than kicks in when the cooling cycle does,so a fan blows air onto the motor/ compressor to help keep it/them cool.
The fan would help with the life of motor etc but also help move air around the keezer walls ( especially if its enclosed in a decorative casing ), maybe a 12 volt fan.
Is there an inline automatic switch or what ever they are called available ?
If so how would it be done ?
Cheers.
You can tap 12v off the cooling relay 'in' posts so a fan runs when the cool kicks in.

Latest posts

Back