Katie And Lloydie In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katherine

Reaction score
Thanks to Tiger's cheap air fares to Melbourne...

We are heading over on the 20th May and leaving the 24th May...

Wondering if any Melbournites are up for drink maybe on the Friday afternoon?

Cheers Katie :icon_chickcheers:

I would be keen for a drink. Where were you thinking of going?

Thanks to Tiger's cheap air fares to Melbourne...

We are heading over on the 20th May and leaving the 24th May...

Wondering if any Melbournites are up for drink maybe on the Friday afternoon?

Cheers Katie :icon_chickcheers:

Do you still have my phone number Katie?

What time will you be in the City?

Rook

No idea, ive being to Melbourne before but but a long long time ago and every time I was drunk xmas parties....

So Im happy to go were voted!

Staying at Lloyd's rellies during the week and on Friday head in and probably stay a couple of nights in the city (any recommendations appreciated (budget concious) so Im thinking around the time people finish work. And yes Rook I still have your phone number... was hoping we could catch up!

Quite spontanious of me... just thought of doing it today...

I was at the Belgian Beer Cafe the other day at the bottom of Eureka LINK. Not a bad beer list there and it's close to town for people who have finished work. Also it's easy for people new to Melbourne to find (walk towards that big golden topped building).

-Beer List

Tao.

I was at the Belgian Beer Cafe the other day at the bottom of Eureka LINK. Not a bad beer list there and it's close to town for people who have finished work. Also it's easy for people new to Melbourne to find (walk towards that big golden topped building).

-Beer List

Tao.

Thanks for the suggestion... but personally would prefer a little bit more of MELBOURNE... we have a Belgium Beer Cafe over here which I rarely go to... Wouldnt mind trying some Vic Craft beer actually...

Thanks for the suggestion... but personally would prefer a little bit more of MELBOURNE... we have a Belgium Beer Cafe over here which I rarely go to... Wouldnt mind trying some Vic Craft beer actually...

What's the pub at Richmond everyone raves about ? Its beer list (particularly Vic craft beers) is supposed to be good - it's just a bit away from the city.

As a tourist to the town I liked Mrs Palma's range of brews when last in town for the ANHC. However the locals will say what they think of it. Probably like the BBC above but the James Squire Pumphouse near Mrs Palma's is also reasonable.

$8.00 pints starting at Parmas next week...

are the Parmas really that big????

Lambs Go Bar is another one on my list that I haven't managed to make it to. Supposed to have a large beer menu - link.

sap.

Im making a deal with myself and Lloydie NO Western Australian beer while we are over there...

All my girlfriends are asking are YOU GOING SHOPPING???? stuff that!

Friday night -

Mt Goat in Richmond - over the road from the aforementioned Royston.

Later on off to the Lambsgo for a bit of Melbourne pseudo bohemian experience - and if you are lucky a functional handpump with 3 Ravens coming out of it.

i could be up for this... always good to meet some AHB'ers - who knows could have our polos by then :icon_cheers:

+1 for Mt Goat...

Brendo

Love the Goat and the Royston, but if you're feeling adventurous 2Brothers brewery in Moorabbin might be worth a look. I haven't been though so can't give you a review really. It has been getting some good press in our parts, would be interested on what other AHBers think of it.

Craft brewery that's set up with gear that was wheeled out of Times Square New York in the dead of night. Quite an interesting story to it. Friday nights are supposed to be quite good with wood fired pizzas and jalapeno dogs. (No affiliation - insert usual disclaimer here). Word has it you pay a deposit on a 'growler' jug and keep using it for refills.

Oh, here's the weblinky if you need to find it:
2Brothers

Hopper.

Love the Goat and the Royston, but if you're feeling adventurous 2Brothers brewery in Moorabbin might be worth a look. I haven't been though so can't give you a review really. It has been getting some good press in our parts, would be interested on what other AHBers think of it.

Craft brewery that's set up with gear that was wheeled out of Times Square New York in the dead of night. Quite an interesting story to it. Friday nights are supposed to be quite good with wood fired pizzas and jalapeno dogs. (No affiliation - insert usual disclaimer here). Word has it you pay a deposit on a 'growler' jug and keep using it for refills.

Oh, here's the weblinky if you need to find it:
2Brothers

Hopper.

Good idea Hopper... but local and more central (i.e. CBD) is probably best...

Brendo

Yeah, Moorabbin is a trip - that's why I was saying 'feeling adventurous!' - the place does look interesting.

You're right though - for a proven winner - a couple of Hightails at the Goat then onto the Royston and you can't go wrong.

Was speaking to a Goat rep at the Purvis tasting and he said they've got one of those 'Randalls' hooked to their brewery bar now - like the ones at Dogfish Head Brewery in the US. They hook it up so you can get a fresh burst of hop flower as the beer comes through the line (think the guy said galaxy hop in it). Yum! :super:

Hopper!

Was speaking to a Goat rep at the Purvis tasting and he said they've got one of those 'Randalls' hooked to their brewery bar now - like the ones at Dogfish Head Brewery in the US. They hook it up so you can get a fresh burst of hop flower as the beer comes through the line (think the guy said galaxy hop in it). Yum! :super:

Hopper!

It was there a few weeks back... when the Beer & Brewer Expo was on. I thought it was a once off - as it belonged to the brewer from Wig & Pen (ACT) who brought it down for the occaison. They were running their Double Hightail through fresh Galaxy hop flowers... was pretty interesting.

I would be pretty excited if it was a permanent fixture... wonder if they sourced/built their own or (perhaps more likely) the rep got it wrong.

Brendo

If you have a late flight out on the Sunday then catch a tram down St Kilda Road to the Belgian Beer Cafe Bluestone. It's in the grounds of the what used to be the Vic Institute for the Blind, now Vision Australia I think. They have a pretty good Sunday session usually.

Last weekend was a decent jazz band, nice atmosphere and some tasty beers too.

The other guys have covered the craft/micro stuff pretty well.

If you are heading to Cookie to eat (it's at the top end of Swanston St from memory), make sure you ring up and book. It gets pretty crowded in there Friday arvos.

Latest posts

Back