Kaffir lime ginger beer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cansofculture

Reaction score
Just wonder what other peoples thoughts are on this. I made a ginger beer kit. Be3 and a kg of dextrose. Not bad but i feel like itd be fun to improve on. Considering adding kaffir lime chillie and fresh ginger to the next one. Just wondering. Do you think ill lose alot of the kaffir lime flavor if added in fermentor.. or should i just add it at the end before bottling thanks. (Boiled as a tea leaves removed)

have you ever boiled kaffir lime leaves and tasted the result?

Very early in my brewing days i made something and put a kaffir lime leaf or two in each bottle, i suspect it may have been something along the lines of a corona. It didnt turn out as expected at all, smelled and even tasted somewhat like Rose water, not terrible, just not what i was going for.

have you ever boiled kaffir lime leaves and tasted the result?
Yes all the time.. they are amazing.. i use them to cook so always have them on hand. And i often drink the tea i mentioned.. but cold as i dont like hot drinks.. i mix chilli kaffir lime, lime juice honey and ginger.. in my ice tea

I have always used lime juice and the zest when soaking grated ginger in hot water,usually easier as I have a lime tree in the back yard.

Back