K-mart 200l Chest Freezer On Sale 25 Oct 2007 - 31 Oct 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonj

Premier Ipswich Mash Proponent (PIMP)
Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know that Kmart is having a sale between 25th (today) and 31st Oct 2007, and are advertising a 200L chest freezer for $299 which looks identical (apart from the handle on the lid) to my 200L Centrex model. I know that there are a few people looking for the Centrex model, so this Kmart model may be what you're looking for. Sale price is $299, after sale $499 (sounds like a rip at that price, so get it on sale).

Whether they have any is the next question, and apparently no rainchecks :(

Hope this helps someone.

How many kegs and cubes could you fit into one of these at any one time?

Rook

How many kegs and cubes could you fit into one of these at any one time?

Rook
I can't say with any certainty about the kmart model as I have not seen one in person, but if it is the same unit as the centrex model, then 4 unmodified, or 6 with a suitable collar.

awesome. Can you confirm that they are the same unit as the centrex?

Damn tempting to go down to kmart..... but No I don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one .....maybe.... don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one don't need one

I'll echo that pok.....I'd love one but the missus would string me up if I actually did it...... <_<

Considering I already have the Centrex model with 4 taps hanging off it.... not really on the "need" list.... I think I will stick to getting the AG gear together.

Pok

I saw that today. It looks great. I reckon you would get at least 4 kegs and a fermenter or a couple of cubes in it.

Not Happy Jan

Picked up a 160 litre freezer this week, though I may be able to bend things and use the 160 as a genuine freezer. SWMBO is agreeable to this :D

My only hassle is that who will service / warranty these. Probably a fair chance K-Mart picked these up cheap and when they have gone, that will be it. They had 2 versions of their smaller freezers and I bet one of them was a Centrex.

Cheers
Pedro

Fits 4 corny kegs (6 if you build a collar and place 2 on top of the compressor housing)

:D :D :D
I can confirm with no mods 4 cornies plus one 10ltr party keg. I dont think its the same as the Centrex the brand is Homemaker. I had to phone 4 branches before I found one only, at Victoria Point all the local branches had sold out by 8.15 this morning. I asked them to hold it for me and was on the road in my van within 15 minutes. From the speed at which their selling I deduce there are a lot of home brewers in Qld.
:rolleyes: Cheers Altstart

Homemaker is the kmart generic brand. I haven't actually seen one, but the vents on the side and the control panel at bottom right are almost identical to my centrex from looking at the photo. I'd be willing to bet they have both come from the same OEM manufacturer.

Homemaker is the kmart generic brand. I haven't actually seen one, but the vents on the side and the control panel at bottom right are almost identical to my centrex from looking at the photo. I'd be willing to bet they have both come from the same OEM manufacturer.

Gooday Bonj I dont think you would be able to get two kegs on top of the compressor of this one even with a collar fitted.

Cheers Altstart

Gooday Bonj I dont think you would be able to get two kegs on top of the compressor of this one even with a collar fitted.

Cheers Altstart

Depends how tall the collar is. I have the centrex model and you won't fit normal 18ltr kegs on the compressor hump unless you have a seriously tall collar (200mm + i guess).

Pok

Depends how tall the collar is. I have the centrex model and you won't fit normal 18ltr kegs on the compressor hump unless you have a seriously tall collar (200mm + i guess).

Pok

There is not room to stand two kegs side by side on top of the Compressor does not matter how tall tthe collar is.
Cheers Altstart

There is not room to stand two kegs side by side on top of the Compressor does not matter how tall tthe collar is.
Cheers Altstart

So the freezer is not as wide (front to back) as the centrex model?

Would you fit four kegs on the floor of it?

Has anyone tried it ??? (Note: I would love to see a photo of someone in Kmart with 4 post mix kegs testing out the display model :p)

Pok

Latest posts

Back