K-mart 200l Chest Freezer On Sale 25 Oct 2007 - 31 Oct 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the freezer is not as wide (front to back) as the centrex model?

Would you fit four kegs on the floor of it?

Has anyone tried it ??? (Note: I would love to see a photo of someone in Kmart with 4 post mix kegs testing out the display model :p)
B)
Pok

Pok
I cut 4 cardboard discs the same size as a Cornie Keg and laid them on the floor of the display freezer before I bought it. The sales assistant and people passing by were looking at me strangely whilst I did this but WTF beer is much more important and my delight that I could get 4 kegs inside reassured people that I was only mildly eccentric.
Cheers Altstart
:lol:

Pok
I cut 4 cardboard discs the same size as a Cornie Keg and laid them on the floor of the display freezer before I bought it. The sales assistant and people passing by were looking at me strangely whilst I did this but WTF beer is much more important and my delight that I could get 4 kegs inside reassured people that I was only mildly eccentric.
Cheers Altstart
:lol:

A TRUE brewer would have used Stainless Steel cutouts :D

Fess.

I have one of these freezers, and i am pretty sure (99%) that it will fit 6 kegs no problem. One thing to note, this particular freezer makes a gurgling noise while the compressor is going, so I wouldn't put the near where you want to sleep/need peace and quiet :)

Damn I wish I had the cash for one of these. Would be a great buy at the price, regardless of any possible warranty issues...

Oh well, can just hope they come up again sometime in the next few months...

:)

Cheers

not sure mate, i pick it up tomorrow. It may be able to have 4 kegs squeezed into it, but not sure, i suspect not...

Bobby,
How many kegs does this freezer fit?

I'm keen on knowing how many kegs also... although i think i'll be saving my coins for a 700l F&P Chest Freezer... Rossco said the 500's hold 10 kegs... Lets hope the 700 does 14!!!

14 kegs @ 2 cartoons per keg = serious liver destruction!
:icon_drool2:

not sure mate, i pick it up tomorrow. It may be able to have 4 kegs squeezed into it, but not sure, i suspect not...

If you could let us kow how many it fits, that'd be great...might be interested myself at that price if it fits 4 kegs

cheers,
cliffo

ok - check back tomorrow. After a rethink i think it will hold 4 kegs - after all, you only need 46 x 46 x 70cm.

Back