• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

200l Chest Freezer $299 - K-mart

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevnlis

Reaction score
Like the title says, 200L Chest freezer at K-Mart for $299!

I would say GO FOR IT. I got a Fisher & Pykel h160 freezer for $380 and it fits 4 kegs easy.

I would say GO FOR IT. I got a Fisher & Pykel h160 freezer for $380 and it fits 4 kegs easy.

Hmmm... I paid $480 for the 210L Fisher & Paykel a couple weeks before Christmas. Was just posting to let everyone know in case someone was after one on the cheap ;)

Hmmm... I paid $480 for the 210L Fisher & Paykel a couple weeks before Christmas. Was just posting to let everyone know in case someone was after one on the cheap
Can u get any more than 4 kegs in that puppy?

Can u get any more than 4 kegs in that puppy?

I only have 4, but they fit well within the hump. 2 more would fit over the hump I think, but I would need a higher collar.

Is this the same Homemaker deal as a couple of months ago?

I've got one of these and havent had any problems so far, fitted with a fridgemate.

So people have bought these and they definitely fit 4 kegs? I might race out there this afternoon and pick one up. I had a look at DEC today and wasn't overly impressed - 258L, $549, although they said they'd do it for $500.

Believe me Steve, I've thought about it. Last time I went looking for a chesty I took a cardboard cutout of the kegs circular dimension!

So people have bought these and they definitely fit 4 kegs? I might race out there this afternoon and pick one up. I had a look at DEC today and wasn't overly impressed - 258L, $549, although they said they'd do it for $500.

Hey NRB. You need to ride 'em harder. They did my 258 litre jobbie for $450 with delivery chucked in. ;)

Did you try the one in Sydney Rd. Campbellfield?

BTW They will fit 6 kegs with ease.

Warren -

Sorry for the OT, but in answer Warren, I didn't push at all. I asked if the $500 included delivery and they kindly stated that $50 would cover the delivery. I asked if we could make it $500 including delivery and they declined. I walked out.

I knew you'd got yours for $450 delivered and that's what I would buy at. I'm now considering the $300 KMart deal as a better one for me for now. Hell, I can always get another chest freezer right?! :D

:D
Gooday folks I bought one of these from Kmart in October. I fitted it out for four kegs with 4 Celli taps from Ross at Craftbrewer. I fitted a collar so I did not drill holes in it.
Bloody good value for the money does the job fitted with a Fridgemate controller.

Cheers Altstart

I fitted a collar so I did not drill holes in it.

Cheers Altstart

Hi Altstart, what do you mean by fitting a collar to avoid holes? I recently got a two-tap font and I'm going to buy one of these to set up with. I'm interested in how people have done it, and if I can avoid putting holes in it, that's a good thing if I later upgrade and want to sell it or use it for food (gasp!).

Cheers, bigh.

Gooday Everyone
Yep thats what I did not as fancy as that though. Can anyone out there tell me how to shrink piccys so I can post them here and I will take some snaps.

Cheers Altstart

I went to the Figtree Kmart store today at about 5 pm. They'd sold out, so had the Warrawong and Shellharbour stores.

I asked how many Figtree had received. The fella didn't know but said they would usually get about 8 on a pallet. The brochure advertised "no rain cheques", but they were going to let me know if they get another delivery.

I thought the trade practices act might cover advertising small amounts of stock on sale? Or is that just in relation to the old bait and switch trick?

regards,
Scott

Since it is the only chest freezer they sell I do not think they could be faulted for running out of stock. K-Mart seems to be fairly poor in the stock control department which is why I made this post as soon as I saw the ad in the catalogue. I had this happen with a half price book case which they advertised in a catalogue, I got down there the same afternoon and they had none. I left my number to be called and they called 2 days later and had one for me. Hopefully you are just as lucky ;)

I bought one today and think it was the last in the store. Can't be certain, but there was a "display" model high on a shelf that I could see in to and an unopened box on the floor. I took the ticket from the shelf item to the checkout and picked it up from the loading bay so didn't see if the box in store was the box I received.

Now I have to build a collar, fit my temperature controller, and get Ross to supply 4 Cellis, gas manifold, JG fittings and more beer/gas line. I'm looking forward to getting this thing fired up and retiring my pluto gun to party action!

FOR PEOPLE LOOKING AT GETTING ONE OF THESE but the stores are sold out,

I took a raincheck out at TWEED HEADS kmart store because when i went in there they hadn't received any from their supplier yet. Not too confident i would get a letter in the mail saying my freezer was there i headed up to elanora and bought one there. I still have the raincheck taken so if someone can't get one they could snag up mine from tweed heads store (border nsw/qld)

they told me i would get it at sale price. But again im still not too confident they will get them in at all.

Latest posts

Back