• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: Fridge In Adelaide (and Chest Freezer And Washing Machine)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSA

Reaction score
G'day all

I have for a sale a Westinghouse Freestyle 520L Cyclic Defrost fridge (Model RE521). I've had this fridge since new, around 10 years and the only reason I'm selling it is because we're building a new house next year and the wife "made" me buy a SS side by side. I'm only allowed to keep 2 of our remaining 3 spare fridges so this one has to go.

A few things you should know about it...

The good...
Fridge 383L Freezer 141L
The interior and exterior are in extremely good condition, no scratches, all shelves and accessories intact, manual included
Runs well, cycles on and off like it is supposed to despite...

The not so good
In the interest of making sure you know what you are getting there is something that needs to be made very clear here. Where the copper lines join the evaporation plate on the inside, ice will form. I don't know why but it has done it for many years now. It has no effect on the temperature inside the fridge or freezer and to combat it I switch it of every six months and manually defrost it. Simple.

I have actually contacted a few local fridgies to find out if it's a potentially terminal problem (I doubt it though given the fact it has worked for so long) but I am unwilling to pay them the $100 or so they are asking to "have a look at it". They seem to be a very reluctant bunch to even discuss the possible causes over the phone unless money changes hands.

As I said, this fridge has been our main fridge for years and it hasn't given us any problems whatsoever.

Price is $200 and located in western suburbs.

IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1186.JPG

Also available is a Whirlpool 140L Tucker Box chest freezer with wire basket (Model WHF140C5). Works well and is in pretty good condition. It has a small split in the seal (left rear corner in pic) but the lid still seals well and the wire basket has some very small rust spots.

Price is $50

IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1195.JPG

Finally, even though it isn't brewing related I'm on a bit of a roll now that I've worked out resizing and posting pics :)

Samsung 6kg top loading washing machine (Model SW60ASP)

We've upgraded to a front loading machine (our builder said we have to coz he only builds laundries to suit front loaders :)) This machine is 6 years old from memory and is in perfect working order. There is a crack in the lid which I've fixed with contact glue - so it's a cosmetic thing only. Apart from that it's in very good condition. All hoses, manual and feet adjusters are included.

Price is $100

IMG_1175.JPG IMG_1178.JPG IMG_1180.JPG IMG_1183.JPG

PM or post if you have any questions.

Cheers!
Steve

Stainless steel eh! I hope she likes cleaning twice a day. Especially if you got kids.

Too bad your not in QLD, would have taken the Chesty at that price to replace my identical model (Well, the Malley's version, so quite old) that died :)

Cheers

Can you please confirm the internal dimensions of the chesty?

A mate could well be interested.

Internal of chesty is 760 H x 395 W x 495 D. The compressor hump is at the back, on the bottom and measures 200 H x 160 D.

Latest posts

Back