just started

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From U tube video, craigtube, google search stout home brew .no boiling needed

Because hops hide the nasty twang flavour that those kits have

Still on the lager one. well it's my first ever home brew ever so it's my first bach and my first ever in my whole life of any home brewing anywere.

5 days is the time it takes to ferment it's day 4 still milky but with a layer on bottom. then the stout until clear and dark too.

Just a tip, all of the kit cans say to keep your beer around 25C
That's too hot to avoid nasty off flavours
Try to keep your ales as close to 18C as possible, and if you're using proper lager yeast, keep that around 12-14C

out side is like 12C i just took the blanket off it will go to down if not to probable 17 in there anyway.then! Would stout be the same. because this is nearly ready it has turned dark again after rely milk for a bit their.

There's only a few styles of beer (and their associated yeasts) that like warmer temps
Some wheat beers are good around 22-23c
Saisons are good from 22-25C, some are good close up to 28ish

If you want to learn a good lot quickly, have a read of http://www.howtobrew.com
But keep in mind this is a very old publication, the latest book version of this has quite a few differences that dispel some old practices (like secondary fermentors, etc) that are now considered not essential

The Complete Joy Of Home Brewing is a very good read for beginners, too
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Joy-Homebrewing-Fourth-Revised/dp/0062215752/ref=pd_sim_14_21?ie=UTF8&dpID=51UwlRbkPVL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR107%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=SFNPJ17Q37DH657RW0GX

Last edited by a moderator:
thought i could show you the differents between the photo's milky clear again

kerrplease said:
maybe there is more to this than i have time for.
Yep, sure is! I wish someone had told me that before I even started. I'm happy now, I just don't have time for 'other stuff' like spending time with the wife and kids, eating, sleeping etc.

But nevermind, the beers are damn good!!!

yar i sort of house work i went and bought the kit 113.00 dollars waited until it arrived cleaned the fermenter and stuff filled the fermenter with the ingredents cleaned the bottles went on the bus 9:00 am to some place but had to chatch the different one to the bus that arrived at the brews shop so i walk 1km until i found it at the end of where i was going and bought the stout that i sold my BMX helmet cain bike pump on gum tree for 50.00 dollars got the stout mix ingredents got on the wrong bus back but it was go sore of to my house but the cross seckon was the wrong way until the next stop so i watch the right way got passed until the next stop came up walked back to the right stop and back home 1:00pm.i had a half an hour before the cleaner arrived to clean but i did not miss then so i got a clean house though.

but there is beer soon and i have to get the carbon drop again and some more bottles 15.00 dollars for 15 but i need the 30.for the stout again

i was not on this site for unrelated stuff. i was only on it to help people or maybe get help in return and their was no way i will try and lead people astray at anytime. if there is more i can do just ask then.

IF I was to ask you anything Kerrplease, I'd ask that you ease up on the pics as I've used up my data allowance just reading this thread.
BUT... I'm not gonna. Keep the pics coming mate. It's like witnessing a fledgling falcon spreading its wings for the first time in anticipation of flight. Brew my friend, brew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back