Just launched a brewery!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Trev, my buddy (who works in Surry Hills) and I will be round there late afternoon Fri 22 Aug so you'd better have some Snickers on hand.

snickers 2.jpg

Hey Trevor. Yes to the castle for the pale! I understand your thinking with the stout. I don't mind cider so I will have a try next time. Good times ahead.

hey all, now not to be crass but hell we are trying to get this brewery going so I am not agin a little self promotion, anyone willing to do so, we would love to get some likes on Facebook! I have come to it reluctantly but it's the world we are living in.

If you like our beer or do so in the future, come on over and like our Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ironbridgebrewery?ref=hl

Iron Bridge Brewery :)

Good work! I'll be up in syd soon I'll drop on in.

I'm dropping in Wednesday afternoon before the ISB monthly meeting. Have your best DJ spinning and beer pourer poised! :beer:

I dropped in last week with my young niece, she loved the cider and I got a taster of the rye, they aint open for lunch but the boys were good enough to stop and have a chat. Going to have to book up some brownie points so I can get an afternoon leave pass and get a proper tasting session in.

Love the Rye

MB

The beer will be flowing...but the DJ just does weekends :) Hope you are able to come on by and have a try! Ask for Trev or Simon and we can chat if we're about.

And thanks for popping by Over Carbed, nice to meet you and your niece, pleased you enjoyed the Rye! If we're about always happy for a few tasters and a chat about brews!

cheers
Trev

If anyone is popping around of an afternoon, the opening hours are 4-11pm for the moment. Looking to get a Friday afternoon lunch time opening once we are armed and fully operational!

Trev

My train from Taree gets into Central just in time for Beer O'clock :super:

Nothing like a Rye o' Rye to quench that thirst! :D Hope you enjoy the beer Bribie, let me know what you really think of the beer.

cheers!

I've only ever had one rye beer and that was a Baltika 4 dark beer 5.6% and it was lovely, have been searching for it ever since. Looking forward. I'll be at the Y and that's my stamping ground when I'm staying in CBD Sydney, drop my bags in the room, then up Abercrombie Street and the world is one's oyster :p

Haven't been in Chippendale for about 3 years and at that time there was SFA apart from Tooheys New pubs and a surprise Balmain Lager at the Australian Hotel opposite that site where the crane collapsed.

Sampled a couple on Friday. Fistful of barley and Rye o Rye.
I'd waited for my buddy at the Lansdowne and we had sunk a few Young Henries so it was interesting to do an almost side by side. Compared to the YH the fistful was less fragrant but far fuller in body and bready. Very enjoyable.

I was surprised that the rye was similar to the APA in colour. I'd been expecting a red or dark beer. Not to worry, rich and smooth and very bready.

Only suggestion is that many craft brew followers might be looking for a hop hit first up.
I'm more of a malt freak so well pleased anyway.

Buddy and I were only shaved males in the place. Lol.
Didn't enquire about the shaving routines of the females.

Hey Bribie,

Thanks for coming in and the review. Got to admit I'm one of the bearded ones - but you got to have a winter beard, it's damn chilly!

We had a pretty big change in colour from our little brewery to the rye from the commercial one, working to try and bring back the red but still a work in progress.

I'll be honest and say we have deliberately done a little less on the hop and more on the malt side of things, just cause it seems to me to be all hops these days and malt and yeast seem to take a bit of a backseat. But we have a new brew on its way that is all about the hops so hope that one fulfils the hop-hit bill!

Thanks again for taking the time, shout you a beer next time you're round :)

Cheers!

Trying to find your beers on tap ATM and the Knox was closed and forest lodge didn't have it any more. But don't worry I'm still hunting.

Back