Just Finished My First Ag Woo Hoo! (biab)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Black arts come to Blacktown :D Well done: a couple of thoughts

• Fuggles is a great hop for Pommy ales but for an Aus style lager you could try a touch of Saaz or Galaxy to finish it off
  • S 34/70 is a forgiving yeast, as long as you get the temp down and hold it there you shouldn't have problems
  • I'd go for around 65 degrees for a lager, mashout is optional. However remember that if you make a beer with a bigger grain bill, the grain is going to take up more room in the mash and soak up a lot of wort, so even when you have strained and squeezed the bag you can end up with a low level in the pot, so a 'sparge in a bucket' with a few litres of 75 degree water can build the wort level up to what it should have been.
Congrats. :)

If you can get yourself a kettle (for making cups of tea kinda kettle) with a variable thermostat, they're great. I just wind the sial to 75C and hit the GO button - accurate sparge water ready in 1 minute. Mine was only twenty five bucks I think from one of the Megastores.

gratz man, even if you think u stuffed up your brew it will still taste 10x better than pouring goo out of a can :p

Latest posts

Back